American Express Interview Questions in London, England

3.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager - Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Two phone interviews with Senior Managers - Both had a fit and a case component. The focus was more on the case. Then face to face interviews with VP of Strategic planning and 2 Directors

Interview Questions
    • One case was particularly difficult.. involved Venn diagrams and stuff but most 4 other cases were simple. All cases were about Amex and evaluating an opportunity eg: should we pursue opportunity X? type of questions   View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university - interviewed at American Express.

Applied through university recruitment programme. Application process required a cover letter and CV. First round had 2 interview which was mainly behavioural/fit questions. Second round was pretty much the same as the first round expect a lot of questions around motivation.

Non-negotiable

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Initial application
    Numerical, VErbal and personality SHL test
    Application screening
    Telephone interview
    Assessment day
    Offer

The assessment day is made up of 2 interview, a case study, group exercise and a presentation

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up with current affairs
      Your degree has nothing to do with Marketing - why do you want to do this
      How do you time manage
        Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Telephone Interview followed by an assessment Center - 2 Interviews and Presentation Exercise, followed by a group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Group Exercise - List emails in priority of importance and time.   Answer Question

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university - interviewed at American Express in December 2013.

application, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre

Analyst, Strategic Planning Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Express in November 2013.

Description for London. A very similar process to all other consulting jobs - submit your CV, take an online assessment. If you are successful, you have 2 interviews in the first round, 2 in the second round, and one as the final round. All have two parts - CV part and a case part. Very similar to the consulting top companies - McKinsey and such.

Interview Questions
    • No very ugly questions. Be prepared to answer what other companies you are applying for and why you prefer American Express. I was asked in the second round by both interviewers these questions and they went after me. Know how to solve case studies, the ones given to me were not extremely difficult, but practice, practice, practice makes perfect.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - their offer was generous for a starting salary, the graduate programme looked promising.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Express in February 2013.

After completing the online application and relevent online testing, there is a phone interview which lasts approximately 20-30 minutes. The questions are straight forward competency questions asking about motivation, why AmEx, why Finance etc.

if successful, you'll be invited to an Assessment Centre which consists of an individual presentation on a selected case study, which you have 1 hour to extrapolate information and present it; 2 face-to-face interviews and a group exercise.

On the whole, the day was very enjoyable, you meet alot of new people and have the change to talk to current interns/employees of American Express

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time you have gone out of your way to deal with a difficult customer?"
       "was the fact the the customer was difficult your fault?"
        Answer Question
    Internship role so no negotiation

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in February 2012.

An online application form, followed by online numerical and verbal reasoning tests (both of which were fairly straight forward), followed by a phone interview and an assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of 2/3 interviews, a group exercise and a case study with a presentation. The day was well organised and it seemed like the organisation had a good working culture.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express in February 2011.

They asked me to take them through my resume. After which they asked me how I would behave in 5 or 6 scenarios. Overall to took 1hr.

Interview Questions
    • Detail a time where you had to work across business units to come up with an innovative solution to a complex problem.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at American Express in February 2011.

Numerical Assessment, Telephone Interview, Assessment Centre and then one final partner interview

Interview Questions
    • What specifically did you learn in your previous internships that you can apply and what would be the result?   Answer Question

A better offer from another payments company.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!