American Heart Association Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.2

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Found and applied online - I was contacted via email a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 30 mins with an HR rep, a very nice person. Questions were typical, and mostly general. She just wanted to know what sort of experience I had from previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • They were the usual - "tell me about yourself", and "why do you want to work here", etc.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing and Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Was contacted by email to complete an online personality assessment and schedule a phone interview. The online assessment took about 45 minutes. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered an overview of my work history, strengths and weaknesses. We also discussed the requirements of the position and my expectations regarding salary. They let me know the next steps in the interview/hiring process. I am scheduled for a second interview with the local hiring manager in the next ten days. Expect a decision very soon.

Internship Interview

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Applied online and was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview. Had a thirty+ minute interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very straightforward and conversational. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of situational questions, for example - Give an example of how you handled an ethical conflict in the past and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    This internship was unpaid; it was a requirement of my graduate program.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in June 2014.

I applied online and they sent a request for a phone screen interview about 2 hours after I applied. I had the phone interview the next day. After the phone interview, the head of department wanted to speak with me, and that happened 2 days later. She seemed nice and interested in me. The same day, HR emailed saying that the head of department wanted to meet with me in-person and go through the in-person interview, which would be the final round. He explained that it would take about 3 hours and that I would need to meet with approximately 10 people. However, due to the head being in a different state, the interview would need to be scheduled a month later, giving me a week's range of when it would happen. The week before the scheduled week, I sent a few emails asking when this would be scheduled. They ended up telling me on Friday that they were no longer considering my application.

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike most about your current supervisor?   Answer Question

Development Director Interview

The interview process was relative to the VP in charge. My VP at the time was rather straight forward, however, he's since left. I did have an opportunity to negotiate my salary with HR when the time came, and while there was little/no wiggle room in their offer, we were able to negotiate a 'signing bonus'.

Interview Questions
    • Given my interviewer, the questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

I recently interviewed at AHA. The interviews were pleasant and timely with direction questioning. I walked away feeling like I had great understanding of what the position would entail on a day to day bases. I also got a sense that they have strong teamwork and management support. All of the people I came in contact with via phone or in person had a great attitude and general interest in me as a potential candidate.

Technical Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

met 2 people to get interviewed. No telephonic interview. direct face to face interview. too much technical questions. discussed about the past 5 years experience. More technical questions on subject. In depth technical knowledge about the points in the resume.

Administrative Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in September 2010.

First Stage
    I received a call from an HR representative who interviewed me over the phone. The representative asked me many questions about work ethic, situations, etc.

Second Stage
    I was then called in for an interview in person and answered questions from a group of people that included the department for whom I would be working. Questions were based on how I would organize myself when working for more than one Director among other items.

I received a call from another person in the department after this interview to answer their questions. Questions centered on how I would get things done in a 7.5 hour day.

Third Stage
    I was then given a two-part computer skills test to complete. This included grammar and Microsoft Office skills.

Fourth Stage
    They did a background check.

Fifth Stage
    I was offered the job and given information on salary, benefits and start date.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic questions. I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Salary and benefits are presented as a package deal.

Youth Market Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Augusta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

First I applied online, then I was setup with a recruiter that contacted me by phone and gave me more detail about the job. Next I had to take a personality test of some kind. Then I interviewed with the regional director in the area for about an hour. The interview was extensive and the interviewer asked detailed questions regarding situations and previous employment. Lastly, I met the regional director to go through a Skype interview with someone even further up the chain of command. Once again, the questions were tedious and required a fair amount of preparation.

Interview Questions
    • Give detailed examples of your past fundraising experiences and the goals met.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

I applied online and was contacted via email for interview on the Dallas office. The first interview was very basic with HR. Then I was interviewed by the supervisor. He was very professional and the Interview went really well. I was called two days later for a second interview with the supervisor and two other managers. It was a 2 hr. interview focused on my work experience. I was called again for a third interview with another manager who seemed very uninterested talking about the last night party with her friends.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever contested an order from a former supervisor? Why?   Answer Question

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!