American Heart Association

68 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Marketing and Communications Interview

Director of Marketing and Communications

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details Was contacted by email to complete an online personality assessment and schedule a phone interview. The online assessment took about 45 minutes. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered an overview of my work history, strengths and weaknesses. We also discussed the requirements of the position and my expectations regarding salary. They let me know the next steps in the interview/hiring process. I am scheduled for a second interview with the local hiring manager in the next ten days. Expect a decision very soon.

Interview Question – My expectations regarding salary   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview. Had a thirty+ minute interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very straightforward and conversational. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Question – Lots of situational questions, for example - Give an example of how you handled an ethical conflict in the past and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This internship was unpaid; it was a requirement of my graduate program.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and they sent a request for a phone screen interview about 2 hours after I applied. I had the phone interview the next day. After the phone interview, the head of department wanted to speak with me, and that happened 2 days later. She seemed nice and interested in me. The same day, HR emailed saying that the head of department wanted to meet with me in-person and go through the in-person interview, which would be the final round. He explained that it would take about 3 hours and that I would need to meet with approximately 10 people. However, due to the head being in a different state, the interview would need to be scheduled a month later, giving me a week's range of when it would happen. The week before the scheduled week, I sent a few emails asking when this would be scheduled. They ended up telling me on Friday that they were no longer considering my application.

Interview Question – What do you dislike most about your current supervisor?   Answer Question

Development Director Interview

Development Director

Interviewed at American Heart Association

Interview Details The interview process was relative to the VP in charge. My VP at the time was rather straight forward, however, he's since left. I did have an opportunity to negotiate my salary with HR when the time came, and while there was little/no wiggle room in their offer, we were able to negotiate a 'signing bonus'.

Interview Question – Given my interviewer, the questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did have an opportunity to negotiate my salary with HR when the time came, and while there was little/no wiggle room in their offer, we were able to negotiate a 'signing bonus'.

Payroll Interview

Payroll
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

Interview Details I recently interviewed at AHA. The interviews were pleasant and timely with direction questioning. I walked away feeling like I had great understanding of what the position would entail on a day to day bases. I also got a sense that they have strong teamwork and management support. All of the people I came in contact with via phone or in person had a great attitude and general interest in me as a potential candidate.

Interview Question – Details states local taxes   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Developer Interview

Technical Developer
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

Interview Details met 2 people to get interviewed. No telephonic interview. direct face to face interview. too much technical questions. discussed about the past 5 years experience. More technical questions on subject. In depth technical knowledge about the points in the resume.

Interview Question – complete architecture in the previous organization   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Administrative Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Heart Association in September 2010.

Interview Details First Stage
I received a call from an HR representative who interviewed me over the phone. The representative asked me many questions about work ethic, situations, etc.

Second Stage
I was then called in for an interview in person and answered questions from a group of people that included the department for whom I would be working. Questions were based on how I would organize myself when working for more than one Director among other items.

I received a call from another person in the department after this interview to answer their questions. Questions centered on how I would get things done in a 7.5 hour day.

Third Stage
I was then given a two-part computer skills test to complete. This included grammar and Microsoft Office skills.

Fourth Stage
They did a background check.

Fifth Stage
I was offered the job and given information on salary, benefits and start date.

Interview Question – Questions were basic questions. I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary and benefits are presented as a package deal.

Youth Market Director Interview

Youth Market Director
Augusta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

Interview Details First I applied online, then I was setup with a recruiter that contacted me by phone and gave me more detail about the job. Next I had to take a personality test of some kind. Then I interviewed with the regional director in the area for about an hour. The interview was extensive and the interviewer asked detailed questions regarding situations and previous employment. Lastly, I met the regional director to go through a Skype interview with someone even further up the chain of command. Once again, the questions were tedious and required a fair amount of preparation.

Interview Question – Give detailed examples of your past fundraising experiences and the goals met.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted via email for interview on the Dallas office. The first interview was very basic with HR. Then I was interviewed by the supervisor. He was very professional and the Interview went really well. I was called two days later for a second interview with the supervisor and two other managers. It was a 2 hr. interview focused on my work experience. I was called again for a third interview with another manager who seemed very uninterested talking about the last night party with her friends.

Interview Question – Have you ever contested an order from a former supervisor? Why?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Director Interview

Director
Northeast, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in July 2013.

Interview Details I found the job on a job posting board, and applied directly through their website. HR contacted me about a week later wanting to set up a phone interview with one of the supervisors. I had a phone interview with the manager's boss which was fairly standard, and not too long after that I was asked to come in for a face-to-face. I met with the manager and her boss, and it was about 1 hour long and fairly standard. Not too long after that, I was asked to come in for another interview. I was given an assignment to work on and present at the interview as well, and they also wanted me to complete a 400+ personality assessment beforehand. This third and final interview was in person and was with the manager, the manager's boss, and the boss's boss. This interview was the incredibly long one where I was asked every question under the sun, as they use the CIDS (Chronological In-Depth Structured) interview method. I've never been asked more questions in an interview than during this 3rd interview with the AHA. I also had to make a presentation regarding the assignment they had given me. Afterward, they requested a writing sample, so I sent them a paper I wrote in grad school. Not too long after that, they requested another writing sample, so I sent them something else. All in all, it took about 2 months from applying to actually receiving a job offer, as they are extremely thorough. They do call all of your references, and actually interview your references! After a verbal job offer, the manager actually called me to discuss my references feedback and grilled me on the few weaknesses my references mentioned. It was like a 4th interview, event though they already offered me the job and my references were overall very good!

Interview Question – Fairly standard, just expect every question under the sun (yes, even going back to high school!). The most unexpected question I got was "what was the last book you read?" They also wanted me to list at least 5 weaknesses and strengths, and go into detail about each of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a bit more in salary than the job posting suggested, which was nice, but it was still quite low considering the insane workload and title. They told me it was non-negotiable.

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!