American Heart Association

Updated 4 Dec 2014
Updated 4 Dec 2014

3.1

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Applied online, HR interview, phone interview, then in-person with background check and online survey. Not hard to handle. Basic interview questions and easy to understand if you are qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Why will you be successful in this position? And what other efforts have you implemented in other positions that would make you successful in this position?   View Answer
    Negotiate what you would want.

Executive Director Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Heart Association.

Very long, they follow CIDs process. Panel interview. Brings the best into the org so they say... Many questions, took almost 4 hours. Some were on,kne and connection drops all the time

Interview Questions
    Not much, corp. sets what it is, little to negotiate

Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

I submitted an application online and received a call from the HR recruiter at my local office about two weeks later. She asked me some basic questions and then got in touch with me a week later to request an in-person interview with the regional director. I came in for the interview and had a great chat with the regional director; she was impressed with my background/credentials, and even talked about how similar I was to her. I thought the interview went very well, and I left the office convinced that I had received the job. Before I left the office, the HR recruiter told me that she would give me a follow-up phone call the next day. About a week and a half later, I heard from the HR recruiter, and she told me that the regional director was so "impressed" with the way I handled myself and the interview. The HR recruiter assured me that the regional director would make a decision by the next week and she would call me. Well, a week and a half went by, and I hadn't heard from the recruiter, so I decided to send her an email. I quickly got a reply that she was out of the office for a week on vacation! I was livid! After another week of waiting (which was about 6 weeks since I applied for the job), the recruiter finally called me and told me they had gone with an internal candidate. Obviously, I was very upset and felt led-on by the company. I wish they had told me soon after my second round that I had not gotten the job instead of waiting for weeks. The recruiter encouraged me to apply for other AHA jobs, but after this terrible experience, I definitely don't want to work for their company. I feel like they handled the situation very unprofessionally, which makes me think less of the organization as a whole.

Any Job Opening Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Heart Association.

The AHA is notoriously slow to hire people. It may take months before you are hired. One employee actually forgot they applied and was caught off guard when they called wanting to schedule an interview.

You will be interviewed a minimum of 3 times. The first interview is a screening interview via telephone. The 2nd round is an in person interview to talk about your experience. If you are going to the 3rd round, you will be sent an insane assessment to take. Its approx. 350 questions. Your 2nd interview will be based on what the assessment says about you.

Interview Questions
    • You will get an out of left field question that is taken from the results of your assessment.   Answer Question
    Negotiation depends on the VP hiring you. Some will try hard to get you more, some will not.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Heart Association.

Found and applied online - I was contacted via email a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 30 mins with an HR rep, a very nice person. Questions were typical, and mostly general. She just wanted to know what sort of experience I had from previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • They were the usual - "tell me about yourself", and "why do you want to work here", etc.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing and Communications Interview

Was contacted by email to complete an online personality assessment and schedule a phone interview. The online assessment took about 45 minutes. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered an overview of my work history, strengths and weaknesses. We also discussed the requirements of the position and my expectations regarding salary. They let me know the next steps in the interview/hiring process. I am scheduled for a second interview with the local hiring manager in the next ten days. Expect a decision very soon.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Heart Association.

Applied online and was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview. Had a thirty+ minute interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very straightforward and conversational. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of situational questions, for example - Give an example of how you handled an ethical conflict in the past and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    This internship was unpaid; it was a requirement of my graduate program.

Development Director Interview

The interview process was relative to the VP in charge. My VP at the time was rather straight forward, however, he's since left. I did have an opportunity to negotiate my salary with HR when the time came, and while there was little/no wiggle room in their offer, we were able to negotiate a 'signing bonus'.

Interview Questions
    • Given my interviewer, the questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Technical Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

met 2 people to get interviewed. No telephonic interview. direct face to face interview. too much technical questions. discussed about the past 5 years experience. More technical questions on subject. In depth technical knowledge about the points in the resume.

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Heart Association in July 2014.

I recently interviewed at AHA. The interviews were pleasant and timely with direction questioning. I walked away feeling like I had great understanding of what the position would entail on a day to day bases. I also got a sense that they have strong teamwork and management support. All of the people I came in contact with via phone or in person had a great attitude and general interest in me as a potential candidate.