American Heart Association

58 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Temporary Recruiter Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied for a temporary recruiter on the American Heart Association careers page. A few days later one of their recruiters called me. She conducted an initial phone screen during the phone screen we discussed the position and my previous experience. It was either the next day or the day after they requested a in person interview. I then went to the offices in Dallas to interview. The interview style was a panel of tow managers and myself. Shortly into the interview I realized that even though the job description didn't list a firm understanding of medical terminology, for this position it was going to be key and I was not a good fit for this position. I received a call a week later and was informed the position was cancelled.

Interview Question – I was caught off guard when asked if I had connections within the pediatric project management field?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Heart Association in February 2012.

Interview Details Depending the person that will give you the internship, they ask you different questions. For example, if the Events Specialist is interviewing you he/she may be focused your personality, and match ways you can contribute to the AHA. It really depends on the person that is interviewing you. There may be the driver personality type that is only focused on results and there are certainly those that exist in the AHA.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you have faced in your previous job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy. The person that worked there was just very focused and knew what they were doing.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details Only made it to phone interview (45-60 mins) and in-person interview (50-60 mins)

Interview Question – Something like, "How do you handle a situation where you disagree with a supervisor?"   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association in May 2011.

Interview Details Initial conversation was with HR to weed out prospects. They will tell you salary cap, however this can be negotiated later in the interview process when you get to an actual decision-maker.
After HR phone screen, the Manager or Director you will work for schedules a phone interview and then you are brought into the office for an interview with multiple people

Interview Question – They mainly asked to describe scenarios where you participated in projects or experiences similar to the responsibilities of the role you were applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask what the salary cap is and then ask for a little more since cap is not set in stone

Fundraising Director Interview

Fundraising Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details first had a phone call with hr, then had a face to face interview with the vp overseeing the office, then a 'sids' interview with the vp and the senior vp

Interview Question – cant really recall anything unexpected - depending on the results from the personality assessment they ask specific questions around those   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Conshohocken, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in May 2010.

Interview Details Prior to receiving hired, there were three interviews; one including a panel interview of five people

Interview Question – The one difficult question was whether something told in confidence should be revealed if danger was involved or a crime.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy in that we both were aware that the other party had experience in getting the best salary available.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details This can take a long time and can mean two interviews with management from VP and SVP. The on boarding process has gotten better and friendlier.

Interview Question – Do you have experience in volunteer management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low salary offer.

Technology Coordinator Interview

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

Interview Details The first interview was a quick phone screen by a HR rep. I then got a call from the hiring manager a few days later for about an hour interview over the phone along with another employee who was performing the same job function. This was all job specific (related skills/experience). Next was an in person interview a couple weeks later. This was EXHAUSTING! Same two employees who interviewed me over the phone and another manager. Typical CIDS interview. it lasted 3.5 hours! Questions were completely irrelevant to the job. They asked the same 4 questions of EVERY SINGLE job that was on my resume. It's hard to be attentive during this entire process and to stay on track because of the length. I became exhausted and just didn't feel like answering any more of the questions. it was way too long! They were very uptight and almost made it uncomfortable to interview. I didn't feel like I would have fit with this company anyway.

Interview Question – too many to list or think of.   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Jefferson City, MO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Heart Association in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied online Contacted by phone Face to face interview-which was not planned. The first communication I had with corporate was a phone call that turned into a 30 minute interview. The face to face interview was an intense battery of questions that included the pros and cons of past jobs.

Interview Question – What are your current supervisor's weaknesses?   View Answer

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at American Heart Association.

Interview Details The interview process is fairly thorough as you go through a phone screen with the Recruiter, a face to face interview and then a 2.5 to 3 hour final interview.

Interview Question – Besides working here for the mission, why do you really want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Heart Association

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Heart Association interview questions and advice. All 58 interview reviews are posted anonymously by American Heart Association employees and interview candidates.