American Heart Association Specialty Advisor Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Specialty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Heart Association.

The phone interview was wonderful, and the first in office interview with three managers went well. I was told that I would then be brought back for a CIDS interview and to do some homework about the interview process. I did just that and thought I was prepared when I sat down for that interview with a VP and the two managers I had met before. Let's just say that there was no room for showing your personal attributes in a positive light. They did not want to know how could I contribute to the overall success of the entity, they asked the same questions about my previous jobs over and over. If I attempted to talk about the position or add some insight into the questions I answered I got a rude look, and "anyway, back to the questions." This went on for 3 hours. When I returned from break they said, "Well, you didn't run away." I was unpleased with how this interview went and do not believe that it showcases skills, talents, or any other positives. It allows them to see what imperfections you have and you answer them because it is illegal for them to ask that of your previous managers. Very tricky, Topgrading! If you are an honest, hard worker, and believe in yourself you will answer not knowing that they are trying to pull as much negative information as they can that could keep you from getting the job. I withdrew my application for the job.

Interview Questions
  • What would your previous employer or manager say about your weaknesses if they were sitting here?
    What would they say you needed improvement on? I think that is the same question!
    What would you do differently in that position?
    What would you say the weakeness of your boss was? Really?

They get your answers because you are honest. I tried to upmanage my previous employers but they wanted a true negative answer. They are unable to ask a reference or HR of previous employment this. Beware!
      Answer Question

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!