American Water Interview Questions

Updated 1 Apr 2015

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ (US)).

Interview

Was called by two in house recruiters and was told I would be contacted for an in person interview. I was never contacted. I called 4 or 5 times during a three month period to follow up and inquire as to what happened and never received a call back. Very disappointed after having spent at least an hour on the phone with the recruiter.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and a project manager, they asked about my experience, how I deal with challenging situations, described the tasks and work environment.
    I got a very positive impression of the people, the office and corporate culture. The people who interviewed me seemed busy, but relaxed and happy.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with SMEs who don't want or are too busy to give you the needed information   Answer Question

Statistical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Water in January 2011.

Interview

Starts off online, then if you pass that, the HR person conducts a preliminary phone interview then a 2nd phone interview then a 3rd interview with the hiring manager. Then a face to face group/panel interview with 2 HR team members, Hiring manager and any interested parties they deam appropriate to attend.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss about a decision that impacted your specific work flow   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you used your skills of influence to get the desired outcome you needed for the task you were doing   1 Answer

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water in October 2010.

Interview

had a prelist set of interview questions. Most of the questions were situational questions so be prepared to recall upon your experiences.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had a conflict/disagreement with a manager and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

I had an employee referral, but had to apply online in order to get an interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. Questions asked to describe project management processes and how you apply them to projects. The face to face interview was a 2 person panel. Mostly behavioral questions like; how did you correct a project that was behind schedule?

Interview Questions

• Has a project that you managed ever been cancelled? If so, explain why.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by phone regarding previous experience and education. They went with someone with more experience than I had.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water (Alton, IL (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Hired during a mass hiring right after a job fair. Total process took about a week, but the company had just opened and had several positions to fill.

Interview Questions

• The type of interview questions asked are "behavioral interview" questions. Basically tell me about a time........   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in April 2010.

Interview

There is a technical phone interview, then an in person 1:group HR type interview. The final step is a 1:1 with a director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more vacation.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water (Mechanicsburg, PA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

I was contacte by phone two week after my online application. The entire process was pleasant. Everyone involved, for secretary to the hiring manager were friendly. The intervire went well as far as I am concerned, even though I did not get the job. High level of competition I guess.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project you lead and the challenges you faced while leading it   1 Answer
    • If someone who worked with you were asked to describe you, what would they say?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in September 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by in person interview. Interview was behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation