Amgen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Director Interview

Medical Director
Uxbridge, England

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Amgen in June 2010.

Interview Details There are at least 5 to 8 interview rounds, mostly TC and at least 2 face to face interviews. Standard HR questions, background check

Interview Question – How important is money to you?   Answer Question

Executive Director Marketing Interview

Executive Director Marketing

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Amgen in January 2012.

Interview Details I was not iterviewed for this role. I was placed as part of a recent reorganization. Amgen interviews have historically been behaviorl in focus. The formal training has been on identification of key skills for success in the role and questions that elicit examples of those behaviors demonstrated by the candidate. It is not enough to say that I have done X or Y but how did you get it done what was the driver of your success etc. typically the process will include an HR. screen review of potential candidate resumes by the hiring manager. face to face interviews with 3-7 people in a first pass and then final interview for the best candidate or 2 with hiring manager and or supervisor.

Interview Question – Typically the behavioral questions are the most challenging   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details Behavioural based interview highly structured Q and A. Minimal chit chat. Run by recruiter line manager present was quite unprofessional. Overall duration less than one hour. No follow up with any additional questions. Just moved to next question on the list.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Quite predictable questions. For example tell us about your proudest achievement?   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in May 2010.

Interview Details The interview usually take a full day. If you can do a presentation, it would be help. You will meet the hire manager and directors. You also will be able to meet few associate level people.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details Phone Screen followed by a face 2 face. Total wait period Interview to job: 3 weeks. Enough time to prepare if required.Freindly folks all around. Great campus. Great atmosphere. Point to point questions about real time scenarios, PM Challenges, Scope Creep situations, Resolving Risks & Issues. Vendor Management, Reporting structures, corporate communication skills etc.

Interview Question – Pretty much standard line of questioning!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Global Strategic Sourcing Interview

Global Strategic Sourcing
Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by the manager that I would be working with via phone interview. After two phone interviews, I was given an offer. The interview process was very informal, but again, this was for an MBA internship. The manager was very nice, wasn't looking to rattle you; just wanted to learn more about my experience and qualifications for the position.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions; mostly questions about my resume and my work experience. Strategic sourcing experience, procurement experience, project management experience was required.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internship, so there was no negotiations; the only option was the dates and terms of internship; 8 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks.

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in October 2012.

Interview Details Process began by being contacted by a principal scientist about scheduling a phone interview. Had phone interview later that day, which was very positive and included a discussion about my current research projects. Then got contacted a month later about scheduling an on-site interview. Flew out the day before, had dinner that night, with interview the next day. Interview consisted of a research presentation (1 hr), followed by a series of 1-1 interviews throughout the day. Really enjoyed the interview process overall. Never felt any tough pressure, it was more just an intense, dynamic discussion of science all day. Interview was very technical, and also included discussion about what life was like at Amgen.

Interview Question – "Walk me through your rationale for the enhanced stereoselectivity in your process with your new set of conditions."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Call from HR alerting me of an offer. Follow up call from director congratulating me on offer. Thought it over the weekend with another pending offer, then accepted the Amgen offer.

Intern Interview

Intern
Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Amgen in March 2014.

Interview Details I submitted an application sometime in August 2013, and was caught by surprise when I got a call in February 2014 asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes, and from there the communication was very timely. I was sent an e-mail to set up interview times, and the recruiter was very accommodating with the schedule. They sent maps and detailed information, and I went in for the interview. I met with the whole team, including a conference call attendee from another office. Everybody was really nice and positive. They asked relevant questions and didn't hold back from asking some challenging ones, but they also didn't ask pointlessly tricky or confrontational questions. I felt like I was being honestly evaluated for my fit with the team and my knowledge of the work.

Interview Question – Tell me how you handled a situation where somebody on your team was not doing their share of work. (Follow up: Do you think that was the best way to handle it, and why?)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a call with an offer. It seemed good so I accepted. I had read on Glassdoor previously that they don't negotiate so I didn't try.

Associate Statistical Programming Interview

Associate Statistical Programming
Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in January 2013.

Interview Details Phone screen and then on-site. The position is entry-level so not a lot of professional questions. Everyone is super nice! Asked about UNIX system, SAS merging process and SQL. A lot of behavior questions. Been treated really nice during the interview, good hotel and a tour around the city!

Interview Question – Not a lot. All the questions are fairly reasonable and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Medical Director Interview

Medical Director

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amgen.

Interview Details I applied on-line and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amgen in November 2010.There were 6 interview rounds face to face interviews. Standard HR questions, background check, references

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!