Amgen Interview Questions

3.1

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Uxbridge, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Amgen in June 2010.

There are at least 5 to 8 interview rounds, mostly TC and at least 2 face to face interviews. Standard HR questions, background check

Undergrad Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

2 interviews. One on campus and one superday. The superday included 4 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. One of the individuals was a very technical based interviewer. As long as you know about the industry and had good questions to ask, that made the most difference. Everyone was very nice and easy to joke around with as well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about accounting and how to value a company. Everything that studying for an IB internship should have taught you   Answer Question
    No negotiations for internship

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amgen.

Amgen has a very good interview process. They are quite detailed in how they set it up and are very accommodating. I had to fly into CA and someone picked me up and took me to the hotel. I then had someone (who Amgen hired) to show me around town so that I can get familiar with the location. During the day of the interview, all the interviewers were in sequential order. I finished the interview and then was dropped back to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult but the individuals who were asking them weren't as professional as I would have hoped.   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

Hiring manager will conduct the phone interview first. If they like you, then you will be invited for an onsite interview. It is a full day interview, multiple 1:1 or 1:2 interview with the higher title staff, then a group interview with the remaining of the department. Collective feedback is asked. But if someone strongly against the hiring, then the hiring manager will consider that opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example to show how you solved a challenge problem.   View Answer

Executive Director Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Amgen in January 2012.

I was not iterviewed for this role. I was placed as part of a recent reorganization. Amgen interviews have historically been behaviorl in focus. The formal training has been on identification of key skills for success in the role and questions that elicit examples of those behaviors demonstrated by the candidate. It is not enough to say that I have done X or Y but how did you get it done what was the driver of your success etc. typically the process will include an HR. screen review of potential candidate resumes by the hiring manager. face to face interviews with 3-7 people in a first pass and then final interview for the best candidate or 2 with hiring manager and or supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Typically the behavioral questions are the most challenging   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Amgen.

Behavioural based interview highly structured Q and A. Minimal chit chat. Run by recruiter line manager present was quite unprofessional. Overall duration less than one hour. No follow up with any additional questions. Just moved to next question on the list.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Quite predictable questions. For example tell us about your proudest achievement?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in May 2010.

The interview usually take a full day. If you can do a presentation, it would be help. You will meet the hire manager and directors. You also will be able to meet few associate level people.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

Phone Screen followed by a face 2 face. Total wait period Interview to job: 3 weeks. Enough time to prepare if required.Freindly folks all around. Great campus. Great atmosphere. Point to point questions about real time scenarios, PM Challenges, Scope Creep situations, Resolving Risks & Issues. Vendor Management, Reporting structures, corporate communication skills etc.

Global Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amgen.

I was initially contacted by the manager that I would be working with via phone interview. After two phone interviews, I was given an offer. The interview process was very informal, but again, this was for an MBA internship. The manager was very nice, wasn't looking to rattle you; just wanted to learn more about my experience and qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions; mostly questions about my resume and my work experience. Strategic sourcing experience, procurement experience, project management experience was required.   Answer Question
    Internship, so there was no negotiations; the only option was the dates and terms of internship; 8 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Amgen in October 2012.

Process began by being contacted by a principal scientist about scheduling a phone interview. Had phone interview later that day, which was very positive and included a discussion about my current research projects. Then got contacted a month later about scheduling an on-site interview. Flew out the day before, had dinner that night, with interview the next day. Interview consisted of a research presentation (1 hr), followed by a series of 1-1 interviews throughout the day. Really enjoyed the interview process overall. Never felt any tough pressure, it was more just an intense, dynamic discussion of science all day. Interview was very technical, and also included discussion about what life was like at Amgen.

Interview Questions
    • "Walk me through your rationale for the enhanced stereoselectivity in your process with your new set of conditions."   Answer Question
    Call from HR alerting me of an offer. Follow up call from director congratulating me on offer. Thought it over the weekend with another pending offer, then accepted the Amgen offer.

Worked for Amgen? Contribute to the Community!