Amgen Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

3.1

Senior Manager, IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I had a call from HR for the company then initial screening interview. I went a week later for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. It last 1 hours while he asked me questions usual IT and scenario. He explained the role to me, it was quite relax and I was able to ask questions. I then went for 2nd interview with IT director, who once again explained the role to me and asked me about my background. Then the same day I met with an HR person who asked me questions about my values, salary expectations....
    I thought the process went pretty well. I had to wait 1 or 2 weeks to receive feedback.

Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amgen (London, England).

Interview

I had a call from a head hunter for the company for a position that could fit me. I went a week later for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. It last 2 hours while he asked me questions on regulatory affairs and biotechnology. He explained the role to me, it was quite relax and I was able to ask questions. I then went for 2nd interview with a Regulatory affairs director, who once again explained the role to me and asked me about my background. Then the same day I met with an HR person who asked me questions about my values, salary expectations....

Interview Questions

• What are the values of our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a bit more that they proposed and got a bit less but still more than first offer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Cambridge, East of England, England) in May 2014.

Interview

A recruitment company highlighted the job to me, I got an interview within a few days. Had an interview the following week. Met with three people from the department I'd be working with. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, what do I know about Amgen, what can I bring to the company...   Answer Question

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amgen (Uxbridge, England) in June 2010.

Interview

There are at least 5 to 8 interview rounds, mostly TC and at least 2 face to face interviews. Standard HR questions, background check

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Several 1:1 interviews throughout the day. Interviews were with all levels from co-worker through Executive Management. Start with phone screening and then actual face-to-face interview. They will typically fly you to the site for interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Phone interview. Hiring interviewer asked about web applications, but was not really ready to hear answers. Was more interested in poking holes in whatever I say. Was not willing to listen that certain mundane things can be learned on the spot and don't need to on the top of your head. If basics are strong, then other mundane and routine things can be learned in few hours.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

First phone call to gauge interest. Second phone call from HR. Third phone call to set up on site interview. Talked with multiple people on the team for 4-5 hours. Interview was very technical and somewhat behavioral. Follow up phone interviews with other members of the team. Took a total of 3-4 months until offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a disagreement you've had with a coworker in dealing with a situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

Met hiring manager, line manager, and team after a phone screen. I was asked to demonstrate my expertise in SDLC and RUP methodology, as well as my previous IT experience. The process was very friendly, and I got to know the staff before working with them. This was an Amgen from a past long gone.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a project with multiple dependencies?   1 Answer

GradInterview Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

One round of interview on phone. The person was very friendly. Some behavioral questions were asked (e.g. working style). Many questions were focused on your skills and intern projects. Be prepared for answering everything about your background. Overall, the process was very smooth and lasted for about half an hour.

Interview Questions

Interview

In person interview that lasted a day and they asked me many questions and they took me out to lunch which was good and all the spaghetti and lots of questions about jobs