Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated 6 Apr 2015
Updated 6 Apr 2015

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

applied through campus recruiting, had interview on campus and then invited to office for final round

Interview Questions

• there were not a lot case questions, mostly behavioural questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds. The first round was in the university with two representatives from Analysis Group- a business analysis and a senior staff. The second round was on site visit with 5 interviews with different people in the office.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral questions likes: Tell me about a time when you worked with a lot of data?, Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to work for Analysis group?, Why do you want to work in DC?, What makes you attracted towards economic consulting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

I applied through my college's Career Services Office and had a Skype interview about two weeks after. The interview was mostly behavioral questions, but they also asked me to comment on a recent research project that I had and to demonstrate a skill/capacity that I had obtain with my latest campus job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a research project that you've done. How would you make it better?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

One to two weeks after I submit the resume and cover letter online I got a one to one in person interview on campus. I didn't get a phone interview. The interview is not hard, it went like 15 minutes. It's just regular questions, no case study.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an analyst do in AG?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

It was a Skype interview with two interviewers. The interview was quite straight forward. They asked a lot about the econometric project I've done. Also asked a lot about the previous internship experience. Similar to the questions you could find here.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

This was a on-campus interview at University of Toronto. I was asked basic, non-technical questions such as "what's your strengths", etc. and was given a chance to ask my questions. Unfortunately they don't hire people who needs visa support, and I was later recommended to direct my application to their local office in the country I come from.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions, all questions are non-technical   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Had an on campus interview with two senior analysts. They asked mostly for related questions. Focused on my background, work experience and quantitative skills. Really liked the analysts. More of a laid back interview compared to other consulting firms.

Second round was at the office. Interviewed with two more analysts as well as 4 managers/VPs/Partners. They take you out for a nice lunch with two other analysts. A couple of these interviews had case like questions but still mostly fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Applied through college. On campus interview. One HR and one consultant were interviewers. They asked both technical and behavioral questions. Most of the questions are interesting. But it can be very technical when it comes to my research, which I did not prepare for at all. I guess there will be another round of interview after this onsite interview.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Invited to do a 30-minute face-to-face interview. There were 6 interviewers. 2 of them asked me questions related to my background and interests. There are basic questions. I feel that they were looking for people passionate about working in a consulting firm, which I did not show.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Appled through website. Interviewed at ASSA annual meetings. Generally talked about research interests and how I see myself fit in. Very smart people, and seem to care a lot about pedigree.