Analysis Group

Getting the Interview

96 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details applied through campus recruiting, had interview on campus and then invited to office for final round

Interview Question – there were not a lot case questions, mostly behavioural questions   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Analysis Group in November 2013.

Interview Details Phone Interview

Interview Question – The questions were not tough. Very similar to the questions available online.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate/Economist Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

Interview Details Took them a year and a half to interview me. They scheduled one and then said "our needs changed" and canceled it. Then they tried to schedule again and eventually, a year later had this 30 minute interview. Generic reject...no difficult or interesting questions. It almost seemed like they were interviewing for strictly legal reasons.

I even had to email them back to get a generic cut and pasted response of "no." They were overall very disorganized and forgetful.

Interview Question – It was just "talk through your CV" and "here is what we do" - nothing special.   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Analysis Group in March 2014.

Interview Details I had one appointment at their Boston office. It was a fairly straightforward interview, and the hiring manager and team member were very professional, yet warm and friendly. Despite not being offered a position in the hiring manager's team, I felt the interview was more than fair, and that it was very objective. On the other hand, the representative from outside the hiring manager's team, was unpleasant (strange given that I wasn't even interviewing to work with them). At the end of the interview, two of their other employees both voluntarily offered to validate my parking, which was a nice surprise! Unfortunately, I parked at another parking garage, which they couldn't validate (so, don't do that!). They told me I could get it reimbursed by emailing my receipt to the main PoC. When they said that, I should've known just to leave it alone. Long story short, they never even bothered responding to my email, even though I was polite and thanked them for their time. I felt that was very rude. However, as with any company, there's always one person who poorly represents it, so I won't hold that one person's attitude as typical of the whole organization.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The typical interview questions were asked, including "why are you interested in this position?" and "why are you looking to leave your current position?". The hiring manager asked reasonable questions related to skills and concepts.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2013.

Interview Details On campus interview

Interview Question – If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2014.

Interview Details I saw a posting on my campus's career services website and submitted a resume and cover letter. A week later, I received a phone interview with two analysts. They notified me that I had moved on to the final interview at the end of the week, and the final interviews were two weeks later. It consisted of 6 interviews and a two hour lunch, and I interacted with 10 employees, including the managing principal. The interviews ranged in style, from technical to conversational, but overall I really enjoyed the process.

Interview Question – What Analysis Group does is highly technical, and each member is given unique responsibilities; however, they have developed a system that provides a check on each person's work so that the quality of their work is guaranteed. When have you worked with a group that conducted highly technical work, and how did you manage it? What specific system or methods did you create to manage the technical aspects of the task?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was just a summer internship offer, there wasn't much in terms of negotiations - they gave me the standard offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details Half hour phone interview followed by half day of interviews at Boston office. All interviews were behavioral and pretty relaxed. Many in-depth questions about data analysis experience, but nothing too technical. The interview process was very fast, I was offered a phone interview within a few days of submitting my application, and invited for a second round the day after my phone interview. However, didn't hear back for about three weeks after the second round. Interviewers were friendly; there were no really tricky questions.

Interview Question – How could you have improved your analysis of XYZ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Summer Associate Interview

Interviewed at Analysis Group

Interview Details Behavioral questions mostly asked. very straightforward. nothing unexpected. know every line of the resume well and you will be fine. 2 rounds in the first round - 30 minutes each. only downside is no feedback is provided after the interview. did not make it to the second round but was unsure why I wasn't progressed to that level.

Associate (Or Senior Associate) Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview Details Applied through the job market for economists but my online application did not go through. Contacted recruiter but was already too late for the job market conference. She advised me to resubmit for later consideration. Received a phone call 4 days after the conference to arrange a phone screening interview another four days later. It was a 30 minutes screen where I told them about my research. Two days later I received an invitation for a fly-out to the San Francisco and Menlo Park offices (2 consecutive days). The logistics were perfectly taken care of - I had car service starting from my house in Boston to everywhere, stayed at a beautiful boutique hotel in Menlo Park for 2 days. I wasn't so excited about the interviews although I loved some of the people. The vibe in the Menlo Park environment was much better. People in SF seemed too stressed out and disinterested (but then again they do mostly financial cases whereas my work is mostly healthcare-related).

Interview Question – What is your managing style?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Analysis Group in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied from online job posting and heard back in a few weeks for an in person interview. Interview was conducted with four employees from different Analysis Group offices. They asked a lot of questions regarding my graduate research and then spent time telling me about the type of work that they do at specific offices. Their questions were well thought out and challenging, but they were very friendly.

Interview Question – What do you think is a negative comment or concern you would get about your research after submitting it to a journal?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Analysis Group

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!

Analysis Group – Why Work for Us?

Since 1981, Analysis Group has provided outstanding client service to North America’s top law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Our work is grounded in the principles and practices of economic… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Analysis Group interview questions and advice. All 96 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Analysis Group employees and interview candidates.