Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

3.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Submitted CV with cover letter in October, after a couple of weeks I received an email arranging a phone interview for one month after. Interview very standard: "Tell me about yourself", "Why have you applied for this position?", "What are your strengths and weaknesses". Response came the next day, inviting for a group interview in Luton in January and online numerical and verbal tests. The selection process was so slow and took so long by January I had found another job.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me what customer services means to you and give an example of an excellent customer service you provided"   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2012.

After approximately one month of my application, they contacted me for 2 tests. (cultural and verbal) and after that we scheduled an interview. It consisted of 1 case study and a motivational interview.

Category Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Go through Envision staffing services for initial phone interview, after that interview prepare to be barraged by behavioral/situational interview questions by a 3-4 person panel, and pretty much only those type of questions. Master the STAR technique: Situation Task Action & Response.

Interview Questions
    • paraphrased - Tell me about a time where you were faced with a hard situation in the work place. What actions did you take to resolve the situation and what was the result of those actions?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Van Nuys, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2014.

Step 1: Apply Online

Step 2: Received E-mail for online skills test.
    Very basic test covering basic mathematics, logic/reasoning, and least / most likely to do questions based on given scenario.

Step 3: Phone Screen Interview
    Typical phone screen. Test your fit in the position and company. Asks a lot of questions based on your resume and you must back it up with clear and precise examples as well as experience in skills related directly to the job. Ask you to rate yourself on various skills: excel, six sigma, PLC programming. TIP: Give very specific example of your work from previous experiences and elaborate.

Step 4: TAP
    Onsite telephone role play. They sit you in a room by yourself and give you packets of information to sort through and prepare for call in which you have to role play the imaginary scenario and character. CALL 1: Given a packet with various members of your team, skillset, and schedule. You boss calls you with an emergency and wants you to reassign your team members to take care of the issue, but also getting the daily schedule complete as well. CALL 2: Given emails and memos to sort through based on purchasing on new equipment or use funding on maintenance instead. Pick how you would like the money used and explain your reasoning to your coworker who is in accounting. You must present the facts from your given information to back up your reasoning. CALL 3: Three way call with two coworkers having issues working with each other and are starting to yell and bicker at each other; now the project is in danger of missing the deadline. They could not settle on how to move project forward, so as the boss you must choose. One of the callers would be offended, begin to insult the other caller and you must calm the tensions. Be specific with your decision, but also be assertive in having the confidence in them, so they would continue working together. TIP: No way to really prepare as it TAP was uncommon to me. Just play the role, don't stress, and have fun.

Step 5: Final Interview
    Onsite interview with same questions from the phone screen with Brewery Manager, Brew Master, and HR Person. TIP: Tell them why you want to work for Anheuser. That reason is very important to them.

Step 6: Loss for words
    I applied for one position and was sure I got it; however, HR called and would like to have me interview for Group Manager instead. I was floored, but understood and felt it was a great opportunity. They told me they had to get word back from corporate and should take 3 days.

Step 7: Emotionally Drained
    Thought I got the position, but 1 month passed before I got an email say they actually wanted to interview me again.

Step 8: Final Interview: Part 2
    Same questions as previous interview, but had to convince them you want this job. TIP: Don't be afraid to tell them why you want this job.

Step 9: Offer
    Got an offer in the email a few days later stating an offer was in the mail. Pending drug and background check, I should be in.

Overall Feelings:
    Process took a little over 4 months. It is a long and emotionally draining process, but AB knows who they want and want to choose the right person, so that is not only understandable, but beneficial to their future hires.

Interview Questions
    Not negotiated because it was fair.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Van Nuys, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in April 2014.

Originally I had applied to a random position I had qualified for within AB. Several months later I was contacted by HR and was selected to apply for the Group Manager position. I re-submit my application and was approved to continue the hiring process.

The first 3 stages of the hiring process were fast, transparent, and very telling. The first step was to complete a series of online questioners designed to weed out candidates that were not qualified. Simple management style questions to gauge your personality and experience with different situations.

I successfully passed that phase and moved on to yet another online assessment where I had to answer more business minded questions demonstrating my basic math, finance, and process flow abilities. The first type of question asks about your experiences at work. The second type of question asks you to solve typical work problems using information in tables, charts and graphs. The third type of question describes work situations and possible action you could take.

After passing this step, I scheduled an on-site interview with the Operations Manager at the brewery. I had scheduled the interview for early in the morning and was directed to the security office where I was instructed on where to go. It seemed like a very close-knit community when stepping foot onto the AB facility, as it seems everyone knows everyone else.

After sitting in the lobby for quite some time, everyone was ready to begin the interview, but there had been some big brewery emergency and my interview had been cut down from 3 people to 1 person. I didn't mind the one-on-one experience, but I feel it had held me back from answering more of a wide array of questions, and getting to ask different people about different elements of their job and operational function. Regardless, I felt it went very well, and I proceeded to await further communication from the HR manager.

I successfully passed the interview step and was then assigned to conduct another series of tests and TAP assessments - developing a Brewing Schedule, meeting with an employee, and meeting with a team (of two other people). I'd have to say the brewing schedule will trip anyone up if you're not methodical about it or cannot pinpoint your mistakes. The employees are easy to handle if you avoid confrontations, are assertive, and can manage the anger level.

I had passed that portion and the next step was to schedule a final interview with the Brewery GM and some other individuals. This group setting was very informal. They did not have a set list of those packet questions to ask so they just grilled me on my personality, experiences, contacts, desire to work, etc. Very informal, positive, and reassuring.

This entire process took about 1 month. Then the waiting game commenced. I have been waiting for a response regarding my progress for 2 months, and it was about 2 weeks short of the three month mark of total time from start to "finish" that I received an email letting me know I was still being considered and they were still interviewing candidates.

It's quite understandable that they have a lot of people to interview and schedules to balance, but a bit more transparency and honesty would be nice. But it turns out that's a bit far fetched. Anyway, still waiting on an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to work here, but the waiting for a response to anything is absolutely agonizing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where the tensions were high and you had to handle a situation while respecting the others there.

Tell me about a time you had to prioritize an important task.
        Answer Question

Plant Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Made initial contact with recruiters at college career fair in the morning and was asked to return for follow-up interview that afternoon. Afternoon interview consisted of a 3-person panel interview (2 from HR and 1 from engineering). Time was spent going-through my resume and experience, with much discussion on whether I was interested in a position as a plant engineer (doing actual engineering work) or as an engineering manager (managing personnel) - I was more interested in the former rather than the latter. Following the panel interview, I had to take a test that evaluated personality and management/leadership style.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain a time that I had to quickly solve an unexpected engineering problem involving a project I was working on. While I was able to answer the question well with a good example, being a college student at the time, I thought that some (if not many) college students might not have relevant experience to draw-upon for answering such a question.   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

1. Apply for job
    2. Online assessment based on your work ethic
    3. Online aptitude test
    4. Informal interview with HR and Lead Analyst
    - asked about 7 behavioral questions: "describe a time your work was criticized."
    5. Tap-telephone assessment (I am waiting to do this)

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to motivate someone about a new procedure who didn’t agree with it, if so how did you motivate them?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

I was given a phone interview for a production manager role that would be on shift. When I was initially contacted via email by the HR rep, she scheduled the interview for 9AM on a Tuesday. That day I was waiting for the call, but at 9AM nothing happened. I continued waiting until 912AM until I decided to call her, but I got her voicemail, so I left a message. Three minutes later she finally called saying she was busy. However, I was the first appointment of her day. She was accompanied by two other shift managers in a conference call setting. None of the employees sounded extremely happy to be there. It was clear from the tones of their voices that they held slight dissatisfaction with their jobs. It also irked me that this was the first time I've ever had an interviewer not only call me late but make excuses for it as well.

I was offered to continue the process, but I declined and explicitly cited that the tardiness and apathetic nature of all those who interviewed me indicated that AB was not a place I would enjoy working.

Interview Questions
    • If a chair broke during your shift, what would you do?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Got the interview through On Campus Recruiting, was contact approximately 2 weeks after to set up an interview. Questions were pretty predictable and answerable, no real curve balls. Is more of a corporate finance role.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Great first interview with recruiters, second one with the line manager and the third one with hiring manager. General recruitment interview, in the second round I had to fill out a case study, third one was a general interview again.

Interview Questions

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!