Aon

Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.8

General Insurance Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in March 2014.

Submitted my CV, did Situational Judgement and Deductive Reasoning Tests. Then they invited me to an interview in London. It was with three people (an analyst, a principal consultant and a director). It was about 45 minutes long. They asked about my interest in the role / industry and some maths questions.

I later found out that the other interns at Aon had to go through an assessment centre, but GI doesn't do this (for both internships and graduate roles, they only have interviews).

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon.

Lasted two months. Met with 5 people.

Graduate Actuarial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in October 2012.

First to enter an online application with a CV and a cover letter. If successful, then you would be invited to an online Situational Judgment Test (SJT) that should take around 45 minutes. Then there will also be a first-round, second-round interview and as assessment centre based in London.

Interview Questions
    • IQ question.
      There are 25 horses and you want to find the fastest 3. Given that you can only put 5 of them in each race, what is the minimum number of races that you need?

View Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in May 2011.

assessment centre, interview with the deaprtment manager

Pension Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon in August 2009.

This agency offers a mix of industrial/cleaning jobs, and of low-skilled admin jobs. They will regularly advertise for permanent positions in pension admin, with salaries in the £14K-£16K range without pension experience, and in the £18K-£25K range with pension experience.
    When you apply, you are called back by one of their staff (Sonya, Tracey) who ask you questions to check that you are computer literate and have GCSEs in Maths and English. Even if you’re already in work and your qualifications are on your CV. Then they ask you to take a half day off to attend an interview with them. At the interview, they act again as if they did not believe that what you put on your CV was true (but do not make you sit tests, which would be the easiest way of demonstrating that you do have the required skills). Once they’re satisfied, they tell you that you can start at the company as soon as possible, there will be no need for an interview with them! They disappear off to fetch and a contract, and lo and behold! come back with an agency contract and a timesheet! They then insist that you are only going to temp for 13 weeks, after which the job will become permanent (fat chance). Furthermore, the payrate is only £7.50ph gross, way below £14K pa. If you tell them you have to think about it, they will keep badgering you on the phone again, and if you answer one of their calls, surprise!!! the payrate has gone down to £6.50ph gross, which doesn’t even come close to £14K pa, and they have work for you (temping) for 6 months at least!
    The company in question is AON. I had a housemate once who had left a permanent pension admin job in London to move to Bristol, and had signed up to temp at AON: 6 months later, she was still temping.

Interview Questions

I was looking for a permanent job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

The first step in the process was a phone interview with a member of the HR Department. This consisted primarily of giving a more detailed description of all the relevant pieces of my resume. It lasted maybe a half hour and at the end the possible next steps were discussed.

About 2 weeks later I was informed that they wanted to have an in person interview and then about week after that we scheduled a time. The interview itself was a round robin interview meeting with 5 sets of people. Some were just meeting with one person at a time while others had groups of 2 or 3. All of the people who spoke to me were members of the team that was hiring. Each person had questions they thought of, as well as a sheet provided to them by the company

Interview Questions
    • How many flights go in and out of Laguardia airport everyday?   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon.

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.

Consultant Interview

I had a total of four phone interviews - 2 interviews from principals in the company and 2 other interviews from associates in the company.
    The interview was good, and interviewers were polite. The interviewers asked questions based on the content of my resume and as well as the role i was interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • How do you source for data that will aid in providing solutions to a particular client's business problem?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aon.

This was an on campus interview with two actuaries with the company. One was a recent grad who had previously interned with Aon and the other had worked with the company for about 5 years. It was a behavioral interview that was mostly just a conversation. It was a relatively easy-going, comfortable interview environment.

Interview Questions
    • How have you used math skills in a previous job and how has that prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Workforce Delivery Analyst Interview

There was an initial phone screen done by the recruiter. Based on the conversation, an on-site interview was scheduled. At the site, I met with three different people for 30 minutes each were they asked mostly behavioral questions and one or two questions about information listed on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult client who that was very resistant? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question