Aon Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
117 interviews

2.8

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon.

Lasted two months. Met with 5 people.

Graduate Actuarial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in October 2012.

First to enter an online application with a CV and a cover letter. If successful, then you would be invited to an online Situational Judgment Test (SJT) that should take around 45 minutes. Then there will also be a first-round, second-round interview and as assessment centre based in London.

Interview Questions
    • IQ question.
      There are 25 horses and you want to find the fastest 3. Given that you can only put 5 of them in each race, what is the minimum number of races that you need?
        View Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in May 2011.

assessment centre, interview with the deaprtment manager

Pension Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bristol, England
    Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aon in August 2009.

This agency offers a mix of industrial/cleaning jobs, and of low-skilled admin jobs. They will regularly advertise for permanent positions in pension admin, with salaries in the £14K-£16K range without pension experience, and in the £18K-£25K range with pension experience.
    When you apply, you are called back by one of their staff (Sonya, Tracey) who ask you questions to check that you are computer literate and have GCSEs in Maths and English. Even if you’re already in work and your qualifications are on your CV. Then they ask you to take a half day off to attend an interview with them. At the interview, they act again as if they did not believe that what you put on your CV was true (but do not make you sit tests, which would be the easiest way of demonstrating that you do have the required skills). Once they’re satisfied, they tell you that you can start at the company as soon as possible, there will be no need for an interview with them! They disappear off to fetch and a contract, and lo and behold! come back with an agency contract and a timesheet! They then insist that you are only going to temp for 13 weeks, after which the job will become permanent (fat chance). Furthermore, the payrate is only £7.50ph gross, way below £14K pa. If you tell them you have to think about it, they will keep badgering you on the phone again, and if you answer one of their calls, surprise!!! the payrate has gone down to £6.50ph gross, which doesn’t even come close to £14K pa, and they have work for you (temping) for 6 months at least!
    The company in question is AON. I had a housemate once who had left a permanent pension admin job in London to move to Bristol, and had signed up to temp at AON: 6 months later, she was still temping.

Interview Questions

I was looking for a permanent job.

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aon in February 2014.

Received a call from recruitment agent to go down for interview and interviewers were the potential direct reports.

Interviewer was approachable and asked questions relating more to personal factors.

E.g: external commitments and commitment to work overtime

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in August 2012.

The process took over 2 months with a phone interview & in person. There is a lot of time wasted just waiting. They hire on the 1st and 15th of every month.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about my goals in the next ten years of which I really don't have any beyond getting my life together.   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Aon.

Quick and simple process. I met with HR on the first round after a brief phone interview, and then second round of interview was a casual meeting with the CFO, which was not an actual interview. I was then offered the job, which I accepted.

Senior Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aon in May 2010.

Met with 6 divisional heads for a friendly char about experience with large account management. Nothing unexpected or unanticipated. The position I was being hired for was critical to them for retention of a particular flagship account.

Interview Questions
    Yes and they met what I asked for because my expectations were reasonable for the position and my background

Claims Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in June 2014.

Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews with two people each time. It was very conversational and informative. Many behavioral and background questions. The interview was very apropos and everyone was very kind and genuine. The on-boarding process, especially regarding the background check, took a bit. I get the sense that things move along as quickly as your recruiter wants them to.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a client asks for specific coverage under a policy that you know is historically never covered?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate; I was offered more than I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Aon in January 2010.

This depends whose hiring you, but most departments are fairly lax. HR can be hit and miss, depending on who you get. Its a very entrepreneurial environment so there is not a standard for all departments...people are busy so hiring doesn't always get a lot of time and attention until they really need someone

Interview Questions
    they made me an offer, I liked it and accepted

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!