Aon

Updated 11 Feb 2015

2.8

General Insurance Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in March 2014.

Submitted my CV, did Situational Judgement and Deductive Reasoning Tests. Then they invited me to an interview in London. It was with three people (an analyst, a principal consultant and a director). It was about 45 minutes long. They asked about my interest in the role / industry and some maths questions.

I later found out that the other interns at Aon had to go through an assessment centre, but GI doesn't do this (for both internships and graduate roles, they only have interviews).

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon.

Lasted two months. Met with 5 people.

Graduate Actuarial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in October 2012.

First to enter an online application with a CV and a cover letter. If successful, then you would be invited to an online Situational Judgment Test (SJT) that should take around 45 minutes. Then there will also be a first-round, second-round interview and as assessment centre based in London.

Interview Questions
    • IQ question.
      There are 25 horses and you want to find the fastest 3. Given that you can only put 5 of them in each race, what is the minimum number of races that you need?

View Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in May 2011.

assessment centre, interview with the deaprtment manager

Pension Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
    Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon in August 2009.

This agency offers a mix of industrial/cleaning jobs, and of low-skilled admin jobs. They will regularly advertise for permanent positions in pension admin, with salaries in the £14K-£16K range without pension experience, and in the £18K-£25K range with pension experience.
    When you apply, you are called back by one of their staff (Sonya, Tracey) who ask you questions to check that you are computer literate and have GCSEs in Maths and English. Even if you’re already in work and your qualifications are on your CV. Then they ask you to take a half day off to attend an interview with them. At the interview, they act again as if they did not believe that what you put on your CV was true (but do not make you sit tests, which would be the easiest way of demonstrating that you do have the required skills). Once they’re satisfied, they tell you that you can start at the company as soon as possible, there will be no need for an interview with them! They disappear off to fetch and a contract, and lo and behold! come back with an agency contract and a timesheet! They then insist that you are only going to temp for 13 weeks, after which the job will become permanent (fat chance). Furthermore, the payrate is only £7.50ph gross, way below £14K pa. If you tell them you have to think about it, they will keep badgering you on the phone again, and if you answer one of their calls, surprise!!! the payrate has gone down to £6.50ph gross, which doesn’t even come close to £14K pa, and they have work for you (temping) for 6 months at least!
    The company in question is AON. I had a housemate once who had left a permanent pension admin job in London to move to Bristol, and had signed up to temp at AON: 6 months later, she was still temping.

Interview Questions

I was looking for a permanent job.

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Got an initial e-mail to request a phone interview. The phone interview was short, asked a few basic questions about resume but was mostly to describe the company and position. The next interview was at the office. It was 5 rounds (about a half hour each) with 2 people. I was put in a room with 4 other people who were also interviewing for the same position so it was a little weird, but the interviews were pretty straightforward with basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions.
      Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
      Fairly decent amount of group questions, such as a time when your group worked well together, when you didn't work well together, when some didn't put as much effort in, etc.
      Talk about a time when you bargained something, what would you have done differently?
      Be prepared to talk through your resume as well.
      There were no real technical questions besides asking what familiarity I had with some Microsoft Office programs and statistic programs.

Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in January 2015.

Initial interview was a digital interview with recorded video questions and written questions. The purpose of this was so that my interview could be distributed across different sectors of Aon for employer review. Around 2 months later I was contracted by a hiring manager to come into the San Francisco office for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of several back to back interviews of a half hour duration each which were mostly conversational. Not challenging as far as interviews go, mostly standard questions: why Aon? Why this position? Etc. Still waiting to hear back at this point on an offer.

Customer Servicerep Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aon.

I sent my resume in and received an email 2weeks later asking me to do an on line interview. It was all behavioral questions. Two days later I received an email thanking me for doing the interviewand due to the high applicant volume it would take a few weeks for them to get back to me. That was on 12/5/14. Still waiting.

Process Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aon.

I was referred by a friend and was able to meet with the recruitment specialist in a week. Apparently the assistant was supposed to e-mail me an interview prep package but I never received it or knew about it. The interview were mainly behavioural based questions but they weren't anything out of the ordinary. The recruitment specialist said that I should hear back a week later and if I didn't I could follow up. He also mentioned that the hiring manager was also interviewing people. Anyways, a week passes and I don't hear back from them. I follow up and he said interviews are still going on so I should follow up in a week. I followed up and didn't hear back until two days later that the hiring manager chose someone else.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

The first step in the process was a phone interview with a member of the HR Department. This consisted primarily of giving a more detailed description of all the relevant pieces of my resume. It lasted maybe a half hour and at the end the possible next steps were discussed.

About 2 weeks later I was informed that they wanted to have an in person interview and then about week after that we scheduled a time. The interview itself was a round robin interview meeting with 5 sets of people. Some were just meeting with one person at a time while others had groups of 2 or 3. All of the people who spoke to me were members of the team that was hiring. Each person had questions they thought of, as well as a sheet provided to them by the company

Interview Questions
    • How many flights go in and out of Laguardia airport everyday?   Answer Question