Aon

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.8

Benefits Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in October 2014.

Initial phone interview was about 45 minutes, with the recruiter. Two days later, I received an invitation for a second phone interview with the hiring manager. If selected, the next steps will be an in person interview with the team executive. Both interviews were more like conversations and not drills.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel you fit in with this group?   View Answer

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon in October 2014.

Applied through career services at my college and found out that I would have an on-campus about two weeks after applying, with about one week before the interview took place. The interview was 30 minutes long and entirely behavioral. The interviewer essentially looked through my resume and asked me questions, and I would elaborate and talk about my experiences. The interviewer was extremely friendly and very engaged. The only problem I had with the format of the interview is that it didn't allow me any opportunity to showcase my skills beyond what was on my resume. I'm not sure how the interviewer really was able to differentiate between the best candidates through this interview. As a result, I was not invited for a final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or surprising questions as the interview was entirely behavorial and based off of my resume and experiences   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Very interactive, friendly, with good rapport and to me non-stressful. I connected well with the hiring manager. It quickly appeared that I had everything they were looking to satisfy the job requirements and many extras I had to offer and "bring to the table".

Interview Questions
    • It was a very positive interview with no surprises. I connected very well with the hiring manager.   Answer Question
    Salary was reasonable, I asked for 3 weeks vacation starting in 1st year and got it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Long process, but worth it. Several calls were made, and a couple interviews. Interviewed with several people in one day. Manager that was supposed to interview was called away fro a trip but it worked out.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were expected, especially looking back.   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in September 2014.

The Onboarding by HireRight was insanely difficult and laborious. Almost a turnoff to the role and company. They finally had to resort to reviewing my old w-2's to verify I wasn't a liar. I was put off a bit but ultimately, understood.

Interview Questions
    • We essentially have 2 distinct Sourcing roles; which would interest you more given your experiences and diverse industry background?   View Answer
    Yes, somewhat.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aon.

Quick and simple process. I met with HR on the first round after a brief phone interview, and then second round of interview was a casual meeting with the CFO, which was not an actual interview. I was then offered the job, which I accepted.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in August 2014.

If you are somewhat smart or talented, do not apply for this company, they are just crap. HR is the most unprofessional and low intelligent people I've ever dealt with. I was interviewing for a consultant position, had phone screen, in person and intelligence test. Did well on all of them, and then after I received the offer, the salary they gave me is less than what I was paid 3 years ago.

So, they didn't even screen me for salary requirements, went through all this process only to find out they couldn't compensate. HR was even embarrassed when they realized they didn't screen. Normally HR is a reflection of the overall firm. When HR is this bad, you can make judgement on the quality of overall firm.

Interview Questions

HR is unprofessional and low intelligent. Extremely poor reflection of overall comapny

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aon in August 2014.

I was given a case interview. Then an interview from their HR and Line Manager. For the case interview, you were required to do a ppt presentation on their laptop.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult question. It was more a casual chat and sharing of past experience.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon in August 2014.

Standard panel interview with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Dealing with a difficult co-worker/situation.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon.

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter at their HR department a few days later. Upon speaking with this person, I was asked the basic/average interview/screening type of questions. After the 15 minute conversation, she stated that she would recommend me to the hiring manager at the office. A few days later, I received another email from someone different in HR to set up an interview day/time with the hiring managers. The day they scheduled was about 2-3 days out, and from my understanding, there were other candidates interviewing the same day with other "assessors".

Interview Questions
    • The questions were as expected- nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question