AppFolio Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a college job fair. Recruiter contacted me about a week later and arranged a phone interview with the team that was hiring. I then went to an on site technical interview in Santa Barbara. It was a half day, and there were three different interviews. One behavioral/resume related. The other two technical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Apply online and be contacted with hr in one week. Talking with hr about background and questions like whether have other offer. Then 3 round of phone interview, each around 1hour through skype. Some basic question based on your resume and one or two coding question about algorithm. If you already have an offer, told hr and she would help you to accelerate the interview process.

Interview Questions

• firstly some question about experience and projects on resume. Then coding question like find top 3 element in an array. The third round, was given a api which can get top 50 resturants in an area, need to find all resturants. Implement in both recursive and non recursive way.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks.

Received a call from a recruiter about a week later asking to set up a screening about my resume and interests.

Set up a date for a technical interview which was fairly straightforward about sorting arrays and software design patterns.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you press the submit button on a website (networking question TCP/IP stuff)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Applied on line, the entire process took 3 wks.

1 week after aplication, contacted by recruiter. Talked about the company, project and resume, as well as the tool they were using.

Then the phone interview, asked a coding question about recursion and how to persistent the state of the object used in the question.

Rejected in the next week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

3 skype interviews managed by a 4th person
    each interview lasts an hour.
    different interviewers who did apparently not speak to each other about the previous interviews. sometimes redundant questions (such as can you name your most proud programming project).
    overall relaxed atmosphere
    this 50 words minimum is not helping, i guess

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the box.
      some programming questions, recursive, then the same problem iterative, questions about my computer science background, different languages that i used and why etc.
      friendly ppl

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AppFolio in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. Initial phone screen to discuss my resume, after which we set up a technical phone interview with an engineer. Good interview experience, just got stumped on a technical question.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone interview with HR about behavior questions, and other 3-turn interviews with engineer, leader engineer and CTO. All the questions are not so difficult, but tricky. Just to make sure your codes are clean enough without bugs!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

- Submitted resume at Career Fair Event
    - Got back pretty quickly in 2 - 3 days
    - One phone call for resume discussion
    - One remote interview on Skype with Technical Lead

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Three interviews. First one has two general coding questions, listing all the prime numbers. Second one is about software design and computer network fundamentals like http, tcp protocols. There is a question like, what will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter. The third one is basically describe your project and explain your code on github.

Interview Questions

• For the question "when will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter", you are supposed to give a lot of details, like TCP, IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the Software Engineer Intern position and within approximately a week I had a initial phone screen with a member of the HR team. She was very kind and after that she set me up with a one hour technical phone interview with a senior member of the engineering team. The technical phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and covered questions on my background as well as questions relating to sorting, data management, and object-oriented programming. I was rejected at the end of the technical interview, but the interviewer was very nice about it.

Interview Questions

• Related to sorting an array based on given specifications without creating any new data structures.   Answer Question