ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.8

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2013.

Relatively simple although this is because there are 2 more interviews to go through. I was accepted to work in Chicago and go to the 2nd interview until they saw my transcript which showed a rough freshman year. All questions were pretty predictable and easy to answer.

Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

I originally submitted a letter of interest and résumé on my university's online career service center. About a week and a half later, I was invited via e-mail to select an interview slot for the interview day. I was also invited to their info session the night before interviews. Attend this if possible! If you can mention a certain point or two in your interview, it shows you cared enough to attend and think critically about their presentation and business. My interviewer was impressed with this and the fact that I got my end-of-interview questions from points mentioned there. The interview was simple and behavioral and lasted about half an hour. It was conversational and informal, a true learning experience for both sides. Then I was called about a week later and offered my job. HR is very pleasant to work with to get your summer set up for you.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 3-4 main questions with smaller individualized follow up questions. First he went over my résumé and we talked about the main academic project I completed from school (only one really as I am a sophomore) and my experience at past jobs. Second he asked about why I was interested in working at ArcelorMittal. I talked about being part of an industry that drives a lot of critical industries in society and is a real leader and solutions provider. The last question I remember was "What is your ideal work environment?" I said one that is diverse, collaborative, and SAFE! You will very likely get this question, do yourself a favor and mention safety. ArcelorMIttal employees pride themselves on their Journey to Zero (work injuries) and improving safety standards. Make it your goal to mention safety at least once in the interview no matter what. Hope I helped, guys. Practice and do well!   Answer Question
    Intern pay scales here are pretty structured from what I understand. I know some people asked for slightly different start and end dates and those were approved as far as I know.

Associate Engineer - Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burns Harbor, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2014.

I was called in for an initial interview through campus career fair recruitment. Since I was the last entrant, they accommodated me early morning. The interview went great and I received an email I was selected for the on site interview. They paid for the airfare and stay near the Burns Harbor plant, and the other expenses were paid too, however I have yet to receive the reimbursement. The interview was all STAR behavioral questions and then a plant tour which was really informative.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the most difficult conditions you have had to work in. ( Not that hard, but hard out of the other STAR questions)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

I first applied through my school's career website. Then, I scheduled an interview on campus about two months later. After the interview, I never heard back from the company, so I just assumed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time that you took on too much work and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a team and had a problem that needed to be solved.   Answer Question

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Georgetown, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, SC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2014.

I saw them at the Career Fair at my university and they were looking for a metallurgical engineer. I got an email from them asking me to come for an interview on campus, it was a very general question, typical asking about my leadership experience and my experience working in a manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward, the hard one I found to answer was why steel, I should've been prepared for that question I just said some things about my passion for steel and Materials Science but I think they saw right through that.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University City, St. Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, St. Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in January 2014.

hey recruit pretty heavily at my university so I talked to them at the career fair. I got signed up for an interview the next day on the spot. Interviewed one-on-one with a recent alum (about 4-5 years out of school) who first talked about what he has worked on at Arcelor and then asked about my interest in the company and the field, had me walk him through my resume and asked a few specific things about experiences and skills listed. They had 30 minute interview slots booked all day after the career fair and it took up all of it. Saved about 5 min at the end for any questions I had. I talked to three recruiters throughout the whole process and all were extremely sociable and funny.

About 2 weeks later I got a call from an HR manager informing me of the offer and some of the details (Indiana Harbor plant, $17/hr (dependent on graduation year, I'm a sophomore), $1650 living stipend for the summer) and followed up shortly after with an email with the full offer.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about 4-5 behavioral STAR questions; Name a time you worked successfully as part of a group, name a time you had to seek help from someone else, name a time you overcame something unexpected, name a time when you were forced to work in an uncomfortable situation or environment and asked a few follow ups for each one while taking notes. Pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Had a pre-night where they told us about the company and then split off into different groups to discuss the sectors

Interview was very conversation and the questions were pretty normal

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Applied for job through university career services. Had the first interview with an older manager and a newer analyst. After a few weeks I received an invite to the East Chicago plant for the final round interview. There were five of us that got invited, we signed in and did our paperwork then went off and did four one on one interviews with different managers of the department. We then had a chance to meet with some of the newer analysts over lunch and ask about the job. A few weeks later I got a call with the offer. Hair drug screen, urine test, and medical exam must be passed prior to your first day.

Interview Questions
    Salary is not negotiable but vacation time is. They will not mention it, but they offer a very generous relocation bonus upon accepting the offer, so don't let that hold you back from accepting.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Met them at a career fair and they asked me to do an on campus interview the next day. I was interviewed by two individuals and they took turns in asking me questions. They stressed it was more of a conversation rather than an interview.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rolla, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO (US)

interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

had a on campus interview and invited to talent management conference and sent out offers the week after

Interview Questions

Worked for ArcelorMittal USA? Contribute to the Community!