Arizona State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Student Office Assistant Interview

Student Office Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details very predictable; do not worry about.....why left last job, strengths, weakness all that other crap

Negotiation Details – State job...no wiggle room..it is what it is

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details Applied on-line about a week later I got a call asking to schedule and interview, The interview lasted about a hour and a half. They asked many questions about my overall design process and was given scenarios and hypothetical events to design flyers and marketing materials for on the spot.

Interview Question – Draw us a flyer for a carnival for the senior class?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details The interview process varies between each department and sometimes the departments may have a hire in mind already. The key to getting a job at ASU is to make your resume have the phrases and words that are in the Job Description in YOUR resume and cover letter. outline exactly how your experience compares to the required/preferred and how your degree aligns. They also want to know that you are intending on furthering your education, especially if you only have a bachelors degrees. They want to see that you can grow as well.

Interview Question – It's not difficult but be able to speak how you can adapt to rapid change.   Answer Question

Career Peer Advisor Interview

Career Peer Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details Turn in your resume at the beginning of the school semester and they automatically call you a couple days after if they are interested. You get an interview within days.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – minimum wage

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in October 2011.

Interview Details Started with a phone interview that went well. They were very nice. After about a week, I received a call for an in person interview. I met with two other business analyst and discussed the position and my skills. I then interviewed with two other business analyst and the business manager. All interviews went well and they were very nice. About a month later I received a call from ASU and was offered the position.

Interview Question – If you could chose to be an animal, which one would it be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. I asked for an amount and a day later they accepted my request.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at Arizona State University

Interview Details questions regarding your background, resume.
Nothing particularly difficult.
Why interested in this research?

Analyst/Coordinator Interview

Analyst/Coordinator
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in June 2009.

Interview Details Responded to job notice on ASU site. Submitted a cover letter, resume and three references. Was called a week later to interview for position. Was asked questions about my work experience and why I'm qualified for this position. Was also asked to demonstrate my office skills. It was a two-on-one interview.

Interview Question – Why I am qualified to work at ASU.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Took what they paid.

Lecturer Interview

Lecturer
Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University in July 2013.

Interview Details Generous travel expenses for an out-of-town visit. Staff were very hospitable and lavish with details about the position and living in Tempe.

Interview Question – Nearly all questions were standard   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Could not afford to relocate at this salary

Agile Analyst Interview

Agile Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview Details Excellent communication from the hiring committe. It was concise and information laden.

Interview Question – The usual, "Why are you looking to change employeers" is always a challenge between sharing meaningful information and not appearing too negative toward your former employer,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were good in offering all that I could expect.

Floor Manager Interview

Floor Manager
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Arizona State University in April 2011.

Interview Details A friend who worked there recommended I apply. Applied and got an interview about 10 days later. Was offered the job within a few days. Interviewed with two interviewers together, was relaxed and enjoyable. Knowing an employee helps a lot.

Interview Question – Are you willing to clean up vomit?

What would you do if a patron was angry about where they were sitting but refused to pay to upgrade their seat?
  Answer Question