AroundCampus

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details It was fun, the interviewer really seemed to care

Interview Question – You have to pretend the interviewer is the owner of your favorite restaurant and sell them your product.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details At the time I applied for an internship the company was known as University Directories. About 2 weeks after applying I got a call from a regional manager and we scheduled a short phone interview. I was asked question like "How do you think the internship will benefit you?" and "What about the company interests you?". After the phone interview, a virtual interview was scheduled. I was prepared for all those questions only because I read previous reviews on glassdoor. It was cool because I was able to rerecord my response if I messed up the first time. Following the virtual interview, a skype interview with the manger was scheduled. He was very nice and personable. That interview lasted about 45 minutes. He asked me to think of my favorite restaurant and act as if I was trying to sell their product. That interview was followed up with a call where I was asked a couple more simple question. After that I was finally offered the position about a week later.

Interview Question – Think of your favorite restaurant an sell our product to the manager.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details I had received an email from my school about this internship opportunity. I met with the recruiter at our career fair and really enjoyed the idea of sales and working for him. I went to an interview for 30 minutes, he asked me standard questions, had to do an online interview, then finally got my call back!

Interview Question – What's your worst quality, or quality you need to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

Sales Team Leader/Sales
Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details UD is usually at school career fairs. I submitted my resume to them and got an interview the next day. There is only one interview and an online evaluation.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me three words your friend would use to describe you."   View Answer
  • They hand you a planner and try to get you to do a sales pitch for an ad in the planner.   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative

Interview Details Not hard interview. mostly behavioral based. they are looking for people who is willing to go out and talk to a bunch of new people. A very sale-based internship

Interview Question – Be expected to answer how you handle the rejection   Answer Question

Norman, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Interview Details Two phone interviews

Interview Question – "What is your favorite restaurant around campus, imagine I'm the decision maker for that business. Give me your sales pitch if you're one of our interns."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You either accept or deny.

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

Sales Team Leader/Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details Met the recruiter at the job fair and then set up an interview at the school then was called by the recruiter and told I was given the Sales Team Leader position.

Interview Question – Role playing on how I would sell their product to a client   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
College Park, MD (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in May 2013.

Interview Details A couple casual phone conversations establishing an understanding, of the position an its entailed responsibilities, and relationship with regional manager. One 1:1 interview with said regional manager, the 1:1 was very sales-skill focused, testing my natural ability to pitch the product without prior training/coaching.

Interview Question – Sales skill role-playing, using the actual student planner.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details I was asked to do an online interview and then a skype interview and then I had to fill out a personality survey. Questions were just about my experiences and going over my resume. Strengths and weaknesses and if you are right for this position.

Interview Question – What are you most proud of?   Answer Question