AroundCampus

Updated 3 Jan 2015
Updated 3 Jan 2015

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

One interview. Pretty straight forward. Walk through resume and behavioral questions.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Initially met at a career fair. The lady was very nice and concerned about dedication because it is a tough internship. Had to fill out a sales assessment before my interview. I think they will ask you to give a sales pitch for their pamphlet. I wasn't asked I think because they said I did really well on the assessment. Otherwise standard questions like why are you interested, what are your goals for this position, strengths, weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you over the other applicants?   View Answer
    none

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

I was asked to do an online interview and then a skype interview and then I had to fill out a personality survey. Questions were just about my experiences and going over my resume. Strengths and weaknesses and if you are right for this position.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

I applied online. Days later, I received an email from the recruiter. The recruiter is also your regional manager. Then, she gave me a call just to talk a bout the position I applied for to see if its the right fit for me. She asked me to do a virtual interview online where they ask you a question and your answer is recorded to the computer. After a week, she called me back for another interview. A few days later, she offered me the position

Not negotiable.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

i applied online. a week later, i got an email from a recruiter (who is also your future regional manager). she just made sure that i have a car during for internship. next, she asked me to do a virtual interview where you answer prerecorded questions online. A week later, she called me fora phone interview. (behavioral questions)

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Applied through my campus recruiting website. First interview was an online/webcam interview that you can complete at your convenience. This interview is fairly easy with basic questions. The second interview was a phone interview which takes about 45 minutes. These were more in-depth questions about sales and marketing.

Interview Questions
    • If I was new in town and asked you what the best restaurant to eat at is, how would you sell me on this restaurant?   View Answer
    No negotiation. You get a base salary for the summer plus commission you make on sales.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.

Answer Question
    No negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" is always the hardest.   View Answer
    • "How do you stay organized in your daily life?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.