AroundCampus

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details Process took about 2 weeks for interview and job offer.

Interview Question – Explained a situation in which a business owner wants to buy advertising space. Convince him to buy the most expensive spot.   Answer Question

College Park, MD (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2009.

Interview Details Pretty standard interview. You need to have high energy and be prepared to do a mock sales call during the interview.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell something on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details Fairly simple consisted of a half hour phone interview

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Interview Details This is a job for someone that is willing to work hard for their paycheck and not expecting anything to be given to them. The interview process consisted of multiple questions asking how you would handle different situations. You also have to give an example of a sales pitch. I was asked to give a sales pitch about my favorite meal.

Interview Question – What is your favorite meal? Now convince me to go purchase that meal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was strictly commission.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Interview Details Typical questions regarding experience, plus if any in sales or marketing. Checking to see if you have necessary confidence to speak with business owners/managers. Looking for candidates who display charisma and upbeat attitude. In the end, it was not hard, this company is always looking for people, they value more people.

Interview Question – how would you handle a response when a manager or store owner says 'no' to your request in selling a particular product?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2011.

Interview Details It wasn't very hard. The interviewer was really friendly. Because this is a sales job, she did ask me to sell her an advertising space during the interview. I told her that I might not have experience in sales at that time and she said it doesn't matter, she just wanted to see how well I could do.

Interview Question – Use one word to describe your personality   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Raleigh, NC (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2010.

Interview Details Was asked two weeknesses and two strengths

Interview Questions

• What are two weeknesses that you have   View Answer
  • What are two strength, tell me something about yourself that i cant find on your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at AroundCampus

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AroundCampus Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by AroundCampus employees and interview candidates.