Arrow Electronics Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.7

IT Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Straightforward: 1 call with HR, 1 interview with hiring manager and director, offer sent after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• How do you enable others to achieve the goals needed for the team to succeed?   1 Answer

BI Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

Very disorganized. Had a phone interview and was told I would hear from them either way and I could check the status on their website. My status kept changing on the site as those I was moving through the process; yet I never heard from the hiring manager and the recruiter never returned my calls. It in essence followed what I had already read on glass door so I wasn't overly surprised.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

After I applied online, I got an email from an HR recruiter about 5 weeks later requesting to set up a time to speak. Spoke with her a few days later, then she set up a time to meet the hiring manager a few days after that. I met with two people (separately ) from the department. They were very nice. There were a lot of questions where they gave me a work-related scenario and asked me if I had experience in that type of scenario/doing that type of work. There were no "Give me an example of a time when..." behavioral type questions (thank God). It was a pleasant experience overall. They still haven't made a decision about the position though, and it has been a month since the interview. I've corresponded with the hiring manager via email though, and he always replies. I do get the impression that the company is very corporate though and takes time to get anything approved.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

this was an intern to hire position at Silicon Expert Technologies (a subsidiary of Arrow). After about a month I applied, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was fully behavioral and typical get to know each other questions. After that went well, I was told that I'd hear back on the next steps (coding test + 1 hour onsite) but it has been a month now again, and no response. It is extremely frustrating and now I have given up on this opportunity.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

I applied for a job a few months ago but was not offered the position. Early last month I received a call from the HR recruiter asking if I was still interested in a position. After two phone interviews and an on-site interview, I was offered the job the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They agreed with the amount that I requested.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Within days a recruiter from HR contacted me via email to arrange an initial phone interview. Phone interview with HR lasted about 30 minutes. The very next day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which lasted just over an hour. The day after that I interviewed in-person at the Englewood, CO facility. All three interviews went smoothly, and I was convinced that this would be a great fit for my job and industry experience, skill sets and interests. Unfortunately, I never heard from them again, in spite of leaving several phone and email follow-ups with HR and the hiring manager. My take-away: In spite of their praise over my experience and background, and three very positive interviews totaling about 3 hours in length, they lost interest at the in-person interview when they learned that I am in my mid-50's.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to products, markets, customers and competitors.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Signed up through Adecco temp agency. I had a background in catering/sales/ restaurant industry --- they set up Interview. Met with good manager and one other ISR (who eventually became my manager) Normal interview questions - relaxing and no psych questions .. willing to give me a chance in a new industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an issue if you were not going to meet the deadline?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hired through temp agency -- not much negotiation. I started at $17 hr -- but I do know thought that mother employee (who took forever to train and was one dimensional) was hired in at $3 more an hour than I was --- that was upsetting.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Called by a really nice recruiter, had phone interview then in person interview which lasted about an hour. Basic questions. Asked how I dealt with a difficult customer in the past and my proficiency with excel.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at multi tasking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. It seems this position has a starting salary of 40k for everyone.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in July 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with HR (30 minutes), followed by phone interview with Hiring Manager (60 minutes), followed by two additional phone interviews with another manager and a Vice President (30 minutes each). Took two months before i heard a decision.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, however, they did want to know what i knew about Arrow, my leadership, why a new industry, how I approach a new sales team with more experience than me...   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

I applied to Arrow for an internship position and they said they were setting up an internship program for the first time. They came to our campus and gave a generic marketing video to try and get recruits. They took a long time between any correspondence and when I finally took the interview it was a bit nerve wracking. It was a four on one interview where I was given a dry erase marker and whiteboard while I was asked technical questions while four engineers asked questions while I was working through problems. It was chaotic to say the least. I never heard back from them. I trying to leave messages at the numbers on their business cards but none of them had voice-mail set up and they never responded to any emails. I was quite surprised because they were all complements during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Solve a circuit analysis problem with op-amps and solve for current, voltage and resistance equations at all points on the circuit.   1 Answer