Arrow Electronics Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
58 interviews

2.8

IT Business Analyst Interview

Straightforward: 1 call with HR, 1 interview with hiring manager and director, offer sent after 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • How do you enable others to achieve the goals needed for the team to succeed?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in June 2013.

Initially I was contacted to schedule a phone interview within the first few days of applying. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The following week I was scheduled for an in person interview. Generally they have two managers in interviews. Both managers were quite friendly and easy to engage with. Questions involved general information about the company (company culture, history, industry) and the position being applied for as well as why I felt I was an ideal candidate for the job. I was asked interactive questions about past positions such as "Describe a time you had a negative interaction with a difficult customer and how did you handle it". Overall, the interview was both mentally stimulating and challenging. Ensure you research the company as well as the position you are interviewing for prior to the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is your biggest struggle in the workplace?   View Answer
    Yes, negotiation is an option.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in January 2012.

Interview and hiring process went very smoothly and it was only a single interview. I'm guessing it was because they thought I was a great match and was just going through the formal process. I also think they were rushed because they had a deadline date to meet and they were aware of the competing offer on the table.

Interview Questions
    • There were really nothing difficult nor unexpected that stands out.   Answer Question
    Offer is negotiable if you feel you have a strong hand and they want you.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

I applied to Arrow for an internship position and they said they were setting up an internship program for the first time. They came to our campus and gave a generic marketing video to try and get recruits. They took a long time between any correspondence and when I finally took the interview it was a bit nerve wracking. It was a four on one interview where I was given a dry erase marker and whiteboard while I was asked technical questions while four engineers asked questions while I was working through problems. It was chaotic to say the least. I never heard back from them. I trying to leave messages at the numbers on their business cards but none of them had voice-mail set up and they never responded to any emails. I was quite surprised because they were all complements during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Solve a circuit analysis problem with op-amps and solve for current, voltage and resistance equations at all points on the circuit.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in September 2011.

Interviews were easy and it was a process between Mexican and American personnel. The time to take the decision was long and also they offered a first salary that was then diminised

Supplier Manager Interview

Six 1 hour interviews - Met with hiring manager and peer group. Very thorough questioning and little time to ask questions. Highly recommend an in-depth knowledge of the supplier that you may be supporting as well as Arrow strategy.

Low pay

Accountant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Took a few days after I applied for HR to call and do a phone interview then took about a week to get an in person interview and was told at interview it would take a while to get a response from HR

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2013.

Essentially you go through a recruiter who them will set up a meeting with the head of customer service and herself they will ask you very basic questions around if you are capable of being customer friendly, and are computer savvy. Then you interview with 2 people in a board like status for a in person interview about the job. Then they make their decision.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straight forward questions relating to customer service, good/bad experiences, rewarding etc   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiating on my part as I felt that 40K for the 8-5 position was fair

Collections Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

phone interview, then three panel interview, scenario questions; tell me a Time, experience questions, can you be flexible. be your self must have both customer service and collection experience

quick simple

Brand Sales Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in January 2011.

Arrow has a formal interview process within their ECS group. I was interviewed by the hiring manager, then their manager, then sent to 2 other directors to interview. I have heard now they are doing phone interviews where 3 or 4 executives interview at one time and ask specific questions around situations.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where you were asked to do something unethical but that would help your team?   Answer Question
    Yes - we went back and forth one time.

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!