Arrow Electronics

50 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Business Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Arrow Electronics

Interview Details Straightforward: 1 call with HR, 1 interview with hiring manager and director, offer sent after 1 week.

Interview Question – How do you enable others to achieve the goals needed for the team to succeed?   View Answer

Brand Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in January 2011.

Interview Details Arrow has a formal interview process within their ECS group. I was interviewed by the hiring manager, then their manager, then sent to 2 other directors to interview. I have heard now they are doing phone interviews where 3 or 4 executives interview at one time and ask specific questions around situations.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation where you were asked to do something unethical but that would help your team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes - we went back and forth one time.

Technology Product Specialist Interview

Interviewed at Arrow Electronics

Interview Details I was an internal candidate and had to go through about six rounds of interviews to be moved from basically an assistant buyer position to a senior buyer position. It was grueling and a bit excessive.

Interview Question – How do you feel about your current management team?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Englewood, CO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR, then brought in for an interview in house (met with 2 managers that had open positions, one after the other) , standard questions about what I've done well and how I would handle certain situations or overcome obtacles

Interview Question – Nothing stood out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but that was a missed opportunity as there seems to be some play in the pay range within that title (as long as it's within the range )

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2013.

Interview Details Very easy- met with entire Austin based marketing group (small group) over the hour and a half I was interviewed. General questions to get a vibe of how well you would mesh with the group since everyone works so closely.

Interview Question – When given this situation, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

Interview Details process was normal

Interview Question – what is your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Arrow Electronics

Interview Details Interviewed with both a Sr. Manager, Finance and Director, Finance. Pretty positive experience. They were most concerned with how I would interact with the internal customers. Communication styles best utilized/most effective were also talking points.

Interview Question – None too off base. Wanted to inquire about situations where technical skills were utilized in conjuction with job requirements and also how negotiating with internal customers was handled (strong personalities, etc.).   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in August 2010.

Interview Details I was currently working for a competitor of Arrow's. They sought me out and promised a large increase in pay and territory. Initial interview was completed at a Starbucks with general manager. Very laid back. Second interview was with the Engineering manager. Much more professional and intense. Questions were more difficult and less of a friendly atmosphere. There were a total of 4 interviews before the offer came but the overall feeling was they were trying to woo me and sell me on coming to work for them.

Interview Question – Describe the most difficult person you have ever worked for and why.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy, I pretty much got exactly what I had asked for

Technology Business Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview Details Interview experience was good. The hiring mgr has a lot of experience and wants to manage /introduce change to their overall process. The team made me feel like it would be a good place to work at.

Reason for Declining – Benefits are avg- below avg. Salary offered after negotiations was below industry avg.

HR stopped communicating after negotiations started.

Even though I qualified for a higher position they tried to convince me to accept a lower title.

Senior Regional Technical Marketing Manager Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in August 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed by Regional VP of Marketing and Marketing Director on my experience in driving demand creation

Interview Question – Experience in channel distribution as I did not have prior experience in channel   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary matching

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arrow Electronics

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arrow Electronics interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Arrow Electronics employees and interview candidates.