AstraZeneca

Updated 19 Nov 2014

3.1

Process Chemist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied online through there careers website and got an email saying I've been short listed for a phone interview.
    The interview was for a duration of 30 mins. Questions include my interest in the position, skills and my achievements.

Interview Questions
    • What was my thought on animal testing and embryonic stem cell testing.   Answer Question

Public Policy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, South West England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, South West England, England

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview, called for second interview in person. Had to write a short paper for in person interview to present and discuss. Had to answer questions as per usual using STAR.

Industrial Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

After applying, got called for interview near Bristol. Interviewed by 2 interviewers. They explained the process before starting the interview. Competency based questions like "tell me a time when...". Had some technical questions where I was given a P&ID diagram and asked to explain each part and its function.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you were faced with a problem and how you turned it around   Answer Question

IMED Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macclesfield, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Very friendly environment and questions weren't too difficult due to STAR format. However technical interview was difficult, see below. Also there was a group task which involved making a paper model and there was very limited time to do this and required good judgment so as not to be overbearing and pushy on others. Get the technical interview right and you'll sail straight through.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview, lots of graphs and interpreting of information about enzymes. Cant revise for this, you need to know in depth knowledge of enzyme kinetics   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alderley Park, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alderley Park, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2014.

I had submitted my CV for a specific role, online application, then got an email (after 2 weeks) for an interview at Alderley Park. STAR interview questions. Was asked 4 behaviour - STAR questions. Great interview, great company's introduction at the beginning, really enjoyed the process.

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2014.

I applied online to an open position. I received an appointment for an online video conference 5 days after I summited my application. The interview will take place next week. Wish me luck

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview- academic style, general chat about project.
    In person interview - 30 min presentation, technical interview, leadership capability interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

another job offer

Sandwich Placement Student Interview

Application form and assessment day(s).

Interview Questions
    • Practically construct a free-standing tower with marshmallows and spaghetti.   Answer Question

Principal Business Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2012.

4 steps processes:
    - Hiring manager interview
    - Sponsor interview
    - Wider stakeholder interview
    - HR interview

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in July 2010.

Generally a 2 stage interview. For this type of position the interview will be largely technically based. If the job states experience you will need to fully technically conversant in relation to the job you are applying for. Usually one team leader will interview for around an hour. They will show you round. Good to ask questions (intelligent ones). Friendly but professional approach. Usually AZ people are very personable but very capable. Depends on site but it could be like 'ikea' with nice grounds and all the mod cons. Good feel.
    Second interview will be more of a grilling. Probably 3 separate interviews, mainly technical. They will give you scenarios - so be clued up on the company and what they specifically do at that site in that job role. Also a presentation will be required to a reasonable number of people. They will have specified what it's on (or choice) beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to develop an analytical method for a drug compound with 3 different pKa's?   View Answer
    They offered a generous package, 60% more than my previous job so it was a no brainer.