AstraZeneca

171 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

Post Doctoral Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details Phone interview- academic style, general chat about project.
In person interview - 30 min presentation, technical interview, leadership capability interview

Interview Question – Describe a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – another job offer

Sandwich Placement Student Interview

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details Application form and assessment day(s).

Interview Question – Practically construct a free-standing tower with marshmallows and spaghetti.   Answer Question

Principal Business Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2012.

Interview Details 4 steps processes:

Interview Question – Noting specific here.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Macclesfield, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2009.

Interview Details very good environment, first they talked about the culture of the company, then asked some technical questions, not too many. Generally easy process.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years time   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Compliance Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in December 2009.

Interview Details I had submitted my CV for a specific role - they did not interview me for that role but asked if I would be willing to be considered for the Compliance Manger role.
Two interviews. The first was competency based - "give me an example of a situation when. ....". The second included a presentation (what would you do in your first 6 months in the role) and a role play again testing competencies.
The overall process was relatively quick

Interview Question – There was nothing really unexpected or difficuly - the usual competency based questions, what are your strengths etc   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Question – Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Fresno, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Interview Details I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
  Answer Question

Manager Interview

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details Found out about job through a recruiter. Phone screen with HR, then hiring manager a week later. Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Had to fill in detailed job application online listing references, previous salaries, etc. prior to onsite. Onsite was a single one-hour panel with hiring manager and 2 other people I would potentially be working with. They read questions off a sheet and took note of my answers in 3 columns literally labeled situation, task/action, and result. Received feedback a few days later that I did not get the position. Form letter email that said they went with someone else came a few weeks after that.

Interview Question – Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Don't ignore this! The questions they asked were on print outs so I think they were all from that packet.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Director Interview

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview Details Great up front work but poor back end

Interview Question – Who do you know at....   Answer Question

Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Interview Details a difficult process

Interview Question – name the most strategic thing you did in the past two months   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Interviews for Top Jobs at AstraZeneca

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!

AstraZeneca – Why Work for Us?

Our mission is to create a meaningful difference. In the lives of the patients we serve. And the people who work here.   We are AstraZeneca. More than 57,000 employees strong, we have a presence in over 100 countries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AstraZeneca interview questions and advice. All 171 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AstraZeneca employees and interview candidates.