AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

3.1

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, South West England, England) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on the website and was contacted the following week to set up an initial telephone interview. I was then asked to come meet in person.
    I am expecting an offer soon.

Interview Questions

• They want you to give examples of things you have done that demonstrate each of the 4 Astrazeneca values.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Cambridge, East of England, England) in December 2014.

Interview

Technical assessment
    Length one day 9 am to 5pm.
    Steps:
    Presentation of my work 45 min
    Technical test on a completely aknown topic
    Lunch
    Attitudinal questions
    Technical test on a more familiar topic

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this role is for you?   1 Answer

Process Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied online through there careers website and got an email saying I've been short listed for a phone interview.
    The interview was for a duration of 30 mins. Questions include my interest in the position, skills and my achievements.

Interview Questions

• What was my thought on animal testing and embryonic stem cell testing.   Answer Question

Public Policy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, South West England, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Luton, South West England, England).

Interview

Phone interview, called for second interview in person. Had to write a short paper for in person interview to present and discuss. Had to answer questions as per usual using STAR.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

After applying, got called for interview near Bristol. Interviewed by 2 interviewers. They explained the process before starting the interview. Competency based questions like "tell me a time when...". Had some technical questions where I was given a P&ID diagram and asked to explain each part and its function.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you were faced with a problem and how you turned it around   Answer Question

IMED Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macclesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Macclesfield, England).

Interview

Very friendly environment and questions weren't too difficult due to STAR format. However technical interview was difficult, see below. Also there was a group task which involved making a paper model and there was very limited time to do this and required good judgment so as not to be overbearing and pushy on others. Get the technical interview right and you'll sail straight through.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview, lots of graphs and interpreting of information about enzymes. Cant revise for this, you need to know in depth knowledge of enzyme kinetics   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alderley Park, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Alderley Park, England) in May 2014.

Interview

I had submitted my CV for a specific role, online application, then got an email (after 2 weeks) for an interview at Alderley Park. STAR interview questions. Was asked 4 behaviour - STAR questions. Great interview, great company's introduction at the beginning, really enjoyed the process.

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online to an open position. I received an appointment for an online video conference 5 days after I summited my application. The interview will take place next week. Wish me luck

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Phone interview- academic style, general chat about project.
    In person interview - 30 min presentation, technical interview, leadership capability interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

another job offer

Sandwich Placement Student Interview

Interview

Application form and assessment day(s).

Interview Questions

• Practically construct a free-standing tower with marshmallows and spaghetti.   Answer Question