AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.1

Communications Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

very scripted interview, with selected behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • what was a situation where you did not have an expected outcome and how did you overcome disappointment   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Referred by an educator who had worked with the company on a product launch. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and we did a phone interview a few days later. It was a résumé overview and a couple of behavioral based questions. I was then scheduled for a face to face with the hiring manager, who was exceptionally warm yet very professional. She was interviewing more candidates this week (my interview was last week) and said she would let me know about the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Clinical Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Hiring process seems to take a very long time with complex, interactions between HR which is basically outsourced and the "hiring manager". I am not sure AZ is really hiring employees these days. Seems to contract with Kelly, Yo, etc. Management teams are in flux many are leaving the organization in the near future. Strange hiring environment.

Interview Questions
    • AstraZeneca lives by the STAR interview format. Managers seem to think there is "correct" answer to a given question. Suggest that you prepare in advance and provide answers according without saying too much.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Shortest interview ever, 3 questions. Took about 3 weeks between the agency and AZ.

Interview Questions
    • Go over your resume, availability, what would you do in this situation?   Answer Question
    No need for negotiation, was given what I requested.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Process took about three months. Submitted resume on line and about 6 weeks later received email to book a phone interview. After phone interview, moved on to personality test. I have face to face interview scheduled this week.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interviewed first with someone over the phone , passed that interview ..Took an online assessment which I passed, then interviewed face to face two weeks later with hiring managers.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Submitted separate resumes online for three openings in my general region. Within a week, two were rejected but the submission to the posting closet to me was accepted. The email response presented available days/times for a telephone interview. I chose an appointment for the following day and found the person conducting the interview to be pleasant, professional, engaging and informative. The phone interview consisted of reviewing my resume and clarification of employment experiences. Having passed the phone interview, I was told to expect an email containing a link to two assessment tests. They arrived immediately and shortly thereafter I completed them then submitted them. That was all today, so obviously I haven't heard if I'm selected to proceed. But thus far, the experience has been fair, expected, and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary....certainly no "trick" questions. All very professional.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brownsville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Neat and organized interview process. Had my first phone interview which I passed. My next interview is a one on one interview with the DM. Hope all goes well.

SFE Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2010.

Was promoted from SFE Analyst after 2 years of working in the company. Hiring process is in 4 steps and is standard. Company gives preference to internal candidates. Before 2012 promotion within the company was highly possible. The hiring process from outside has a step of checking applicant's background through the contacts within the industry

Interview Questions
    • At interview for MedRep they may ask to sell an object from interviewers table.   View Answer
    Quick hiring process. Average to high salaries, which makes it easier to negotiate :)

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

simple Hiring and interview process. God time punctuality and clear communication in stipulated time.