AstraZeneca

Updated 8 Jan 2015
Updated 8 Jan 2015

3.2

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied through an employee referral. The first stages went relatively quick. The process proceeded just as every other review explains; phone interview, online assessment, etc. I was asked to schedule a face to face interview about a month or more after the phone interview. It was to take place in Utica, NY, but the assigned territory was Saratoga Springs, NY. They asked for candidates to prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation and to learn and utilize the STAR format. I was given a week to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview was postponed due to a snowstorm and I was assured that it would be rescheduled by a HR rep (I believe a third party). I contacted them the next week after I hadn't heard back. I was told it would be rescheduled after the new year. (it was mid December). The first week of the new year I was expecting an email to schedule an interview, but instead received a no-reply email saying the position had been filled. I contacted the the woman who had cancelled my interview and she informed me it was an internal candidate.

I fully understand when I don't hear back from a prospective employer after application or even an interview. I understand they wait until the end of the process to inform candidates. What I found immensely unprofessional is to be called for an interview and asked to prepare a topic for presentation and left wondering for a full month. Candidates should have been notified that the interviews would not be held. I have better things to do with my time than prepare for a non-existent interview. The entire process took almost three and a half months. I accepted another offer while waiting for the response.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation on a topic of your choice.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

The same day I applied I received a call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After the phone interview, I was immediately sent 2 personality tests. After the personality tests, I was sent an email with a Hiring Application. 2 days later (on a Friday) I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview on the following Monday. Interview consisted of STAR format questions and had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive discussion.

Waiting to hear back from hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, situation in which I had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

phone interview with third party recruiter, then sent link for assessment, application. then first face to face so far. 2 district sales managers at interview, make sure you bring your resume (multiple copies) sound like most of the procedure will continue through third party recruiter

Interview Questions
    • rest assured they will probably ask you about ethical dilemma, other questions straight forward, new idea, problem, changed somebody's mind, difficult doctor. Do not expound on answer, just strictly star format, very little opportunity to sell yourself   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I was contacted by hiring manager for a phone screening; He called back 3 days later for an interview; 1week contact for 2nd phase interview and ride along; job offer and salary negotiation; drug screening; offer packet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved matters.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary upwards by $5000. Negotiate you skills to the fullest benefit of the position.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Online application, then got an email for a 20 minute phone interview with a third party. Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group. Then got an email with 2 links to fill out 200+ question personality tests. Passed these and was asked to fill out an official online application.

Received an email to set up a face to face interview for the next week. Met with two managers for an hour interview. Was asked 4 behavior - STAR questions. Great interview, but they called to say they wanted someone with experience specific to the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, conflict with someone, and a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Questions
    • Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
      2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.

Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is your expected salary?
      2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
      3. Questions about my resume and driving history.

Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Submitted separate resumes online for three openings in my general region. Within a week, two were rejected but the submission to the posting closet to me was accepted. The email response presented available days/times for a telephone interview. I chose an appointment for the following day and found the person conducting the interview to be pleasant, professional, engaging and informative. The phone interview consisted of reviewing my resume and clarification of employment experiences. Having passed the phone interview, I was told to expect an email containing a link to two assessment tests. They arrived immediately and shortly thereafter I completed them then submitted them. That was all today, so obviously I haven't heard if I'm selected to proceed. But thus far, the experience has been fair, expected, and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary....certainly no "trick" questions. All very professional.   Answer Question