Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
61 interviews

2.9

SummerRisk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in August 2014.

Applied through the website, answered all the general questions (e.g. why do you want to work in the area nominated, I chose Risk) and uploaded CV, passport photos, academic transcripts etc. The most annoying part is that there is the online assessments, where I was shown a series of scenario animations to answer questions. There was a problem with the website, and I was forced to redo all the questions again. The animations and questions themselves were poorly designed, the fonts were uncomfortably small. The experience was very uncomfortable. I was then rejected on the online assessment alone. And since I got the email of rejection minutes after I completed the online psych test, I don't believe my files were read by anyone. There weren't ant feedbacks. While I understand ANZ and similar organisations receive many applications, the overall experience was cold and I felt like I was dealing with machines rather than humans throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment and psych questions.I was asked to selected "most effective" and "least effective" answers when most answers were isomorphic to each other.   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chengdu, Sichuan (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2011.

HR Telephone interview, hiring manager interview. You need to prepare you previous work experiences well and demonstrate your skills to your manager. There is a time space between the first interview and second interview.There is back ground check before you are onboard.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate too much.

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2012.

There are two stages of the interview (if the job are hire directly via ANZ and not via external agency). First round are quite straight forward, more of knowing about you, your attitude, motivations, whether you are team player, etc.
    Behavior questions are based on the job description criteria - is good to prepare yourself some samples from your past experiences and use them to applies for various questions which could be raised.

Credit Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2014.

Consultancy arranged the interview on 7th July 2014. The first round was group discussion, the topic was, 'Education system in India'. Each one of us was given a chance to speak for about 2-3 mins. The next round was general aptitude test consisting of logical reasoning etc... Next we had E-mail writing test. Then the HR told us that we would be called after about a week. However we got a call only after 2.5 weeks!!

Personal Banker Interview

i am asking to have interview with brench manager right now. do not have any commonts yet. looking for some experences people had before.i did two times phone interview, first one was very good i thought, 2 weeks later my position have been filled up by internal. and second one i just kind of angry about HR of ANZ, so i said i just too tired to do any online assessments or any phone interview. then i got interview. therefore, i'd like to share my things - do not be soft to HR.

Business Architect Interview

the first level interview was conducted over phone by the hiring department looking for the basic details an interest. tis has lasted around 45 minutes. generally it was very good and very friendly as it is directly conducted by the bank

Interview Questions
    • nothing very difficult. generally they were highlighting the different senior role they are looking for   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2012.

Initially I got a call from HR recruiter from ANZ and interview was scheduled based on availability of interviewer and the process was smooth. There were technical questions related to the role and I was asked about work experience.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2012.

Largely a deceptive view of the position, actual job was very different from the job described during the interview process. Despite assurances along the way the job never evolved into the job that was interviewed for. This seemed to have been a trick to get you into the position more than anything else.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Two rounds of interviews focusing on quantitative and software development aspects.

Analyst Interview

Topic HR interview with some technical question from hiring manager

Interview Questions

Worked for Australia and New Zealand Banking? Contribute to the Community!