Australia and New Zealand Banking

52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking

Interview Details Topic HR interview with some technical question from hiring manager

Interview Question – pretty standard   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in April 2014.

Interview Details The initial process was fast but the assessment to employment stage is quite slow.

Interview Question – If there was a long line of customers, they're getting quite agitated and the person in front of you keeps on chatting away.How would you deal with the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to obtain a higher salary than what was advertised. I outlined my previous experience and also my knowledge of another language.

Senior Manager (Vice President) Interview

Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview Details Phone call, initial interview, final interview (possibly by Telepresence/Videoconference), offer.

Interview Question – Behavioural questions - usually around problem solving or project management.
Technical questions about your existing experience.
Company puts premium on effective communication - since it is run from Australia and communication with Australians are a must.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer is usually along entry point of salary band. Company will usually not overpay for talent so be careful about overpricing yourself.

Credit Assessment Officer, Senior Officer 5 2 Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2014.

Interview Details Initially they start with a Reasoning & aptitude Test which includes the listening skill test as well then Voice and Accents, they ask to speak on a instant given Topics for 3 mins each, Third round was checking writing skill after that Operations Round and finally HR.

Interview Question – Relate your previous skill with the current role.   Answer Question

Credit Assessment Officer Interview

Credit Assessment Officer
Bangalore (India)

Interview Details There were too many people lined up for the position. No information nothing, the whole process not at all related to the post. Total 28 people rounded up and HR Manager taken GD.Then some nonsense rounds. Total around 10 rounds and after that salary below average this is all about so called ANZ!!!! They need only cheap employees.....

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in December 2013.

Interview Details It was a good experience when I have attended the interview in ANZ. I got several question regarding my previous job and accounting since they recruited me in an Auditing team.

Interview Question – It was difficult to explain the whole definition of some accounting terms since I have lost the touch with those types of study materials because of my busy life with job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview Details I first had a phone interview. They asked me some behavioral questions. The next step was group interview. They did not tell me that it was a group interview on the phone. when I entered the interview room, three other candidates were there and I was embarrassed. I think you guys need to prepare for the group interview.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected/difficult questions.   Answer Question

VMware Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2011.

Interview Details Hiring took almost 2 weeks, and the Interview process went on well.

Interview Question – Just prepare for the basics virtualization questions and you will get through the interview   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview Details Two stages.
(1) Online tests;
(2) Assessment Centre day: comprises a one-on-one interview, a group case study, an individual case study and presentation, and lastly a numerical and logical reasoning tests to finish.

One-on-one interview was standard: why banking, why anz, tell me about yourself. No technical banking/finance questions were asked.

Group case study involved the candidates role playing as a music publishing company and looked to see how we would deal with business and industry issues. Each candidate was given a unique set of materials relating to the music publishing company to read before the mock discussion. We then went around in turns and presented the facts from our information packs. We were observed during the discussion. Finally we had to organise ourselves to deliver a presentation.

Case interview required the candidate to pick of one of three clients to bank. Information was presented in a pack from which you are allowed 15mins (from memory) to read, 15mins to synthesis and draw up your presentation on butcher's paper. Then you presented this to the interviewers.

Numerical and logical reasoning tests standard.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Financial Analyst Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in October 2013.

Interview Details It is a very long process with includes around 7 rounds lot of ascent testing & Communication is checked

Interview Question – Email Writing Lot of complaint mails to be written with in the given period of time   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Australia and New Zealand Banking

Worked for Australia and New Zealand Banking? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Australia and New Zealand Banking interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Australia and New Zealand Banking employees and interview candidates.