Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.9

Lawyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Applied online - pretty standard.

First interview was with an HR person - again fairly standard.

Next interview was with the hiring manager. Reasonably straightforward behavioural questions.

After that, radio silence. In the interview I was told a decision would be made within a week. So I called the HR contact after a week and left a message, no response. I tried again a few days later and was told the hiring manager had gone on leave without having made a decision. I tried again several times until more than a month after the interview, they said I'd been unsuccessful. I really think that if I hadn't persevered, they simply wouldn't have bothered with the basic courtesy of letting me know.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in September 2014.

First there was a presentation by the HR Manager, then the representatives from each department (IIB and Retail Wealth Management) spoke about the job profiles. Then we had an aptitude test - 30 Qs 30 minutes. There was also a listening test - 3 parts
    a) Long conversation - 5 Q's
    b) 5 short conversations - 1 Q each = 5 Qs
    c) Long conversation again - 5 Q's
    (This is done to test whether you are comfortable with the foreign accent or not)

As the aptitude test was very easy, the cut off was high (i suppose) and appx 35 out of 200-250 were short listed.

We has
    a) Extempore speech
    b) Verbal communication (READING OUT LOUD a paragraph of a news article) + another extempore (for those who cleared round a. and those who didn't clear - got an interview too for a different department)
    c) Email writing (client grievance)
    d) HR interview

The managers (interviewers) are really nice!!

Interview Questions
    • (It is one of the most calm and stress-less interview i have had)

TIPS -
      Read about the company. They expect you to know SOMETHING about them and not be completely clueless.

Extempore - Speak clearly and confidently, put your points across properly!
        Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Summer Interview

Applied online via the website, did several tests.

They contacted me about two weeks after applications closed, inviting me to the AC.
    AC took about 3 hours. Involved of a individual case study. Then you presented case, followed by a behavioural interview and presentations by current grads.

Really nice and friendly.

SummerRisk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in August 2014.

Applied through the website, answered all the general questions (e.g. why do you want to work in the area nominated, I chose Risk) and uploaded CV, passport photos, academic transcripts etc. The most annoying part is that there is the online assessments, where I was shown a series of scenario animations to answer questions. There was a problem with the website, and I was forced to redo all the questions again. The animations and questions themselves were poorly designed, the fonts were uncomfortably small. The experience was very uncomfortable. I was then rejected on the online assessment alone. And since I got the email of rejection minutes after I completed the online psych test, I don't believe my files were read by anyone. There weren't ant feedbacks. While I understand ANZ and similar organisations receive many applications, the overall experience was cold and I felt like I was dealing with machines rather than humans throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment and psych questions.I was asked to selected "most effective" and "least effective" answers when most answers were isomorphic to each other.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

i am asking to have interview with brench manager right now. do not have any commonts yet. looking for some experences people had before.i did two times phone interview, first one was very good i thought, 2 weeks later my position have been filled up by internal. and second one i just kind of angry about HR of ANZ, so i said i just too tired to do any online assessments or any phone interview. then i got interview. therefore, i'd like to share my things - do not be soft to HR.

Business Architect Interview

the first level interview was conducted over phone by the hiring department looking for the basic details an interest. tis has lasted around 45 minutes. generally it was very good and very friendly as it is directly conducted by the bank

Interview Questions
    • nothing very difficult. generally they were highlighting the different senior role they are looking for   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2014.

Consultancy arranged the interview on 7th July 2014. The first round was group discussion, the topic was, 'Education system in India'. Each one of us was given a chance to speak for about 2-3 mins. The next round was general aptitude test consisting of logical reasoning etc... Next we had E-mail writing test. Then the HR told us that we would be called after about a week. However we got a call only after 2.5 weeks!!

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Two rounds of interviews focusing on quantitative and software development aspects.

Analyst Interview

Topic HR interview with some technical question from hiring manager

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in April 2014.

The initial process was fast but the assessment to employment stage is quite slow.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a long line of customers, they're getting quite agitated and the person in front of you keeps on chatting away.How would you deal with the situation?   View Answer
    I was able to obtain a higher salary than what was advertised. I outlined my previous experience and also my knowledge of another language.