Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in September 2014.

First there was a presentation by the HR Manager, then the representatives from each department (IIB and Retail Wealth Management) spoke about the job profiles. Then we had an aptitude test - 30 Qs 30 minutes. There was also a listening test - 3 parts
    a) Long conversation - 5 Q's
    b) 5 short conversations - 1 Q each = 5 Qs
    c) Long conversation again - 5 Q's
    (This is done to test whether you are comfortable with the foreign accent or not)

As the aptitude test was very easy, the cut off was high (i suppose) and appx 35 out of 200-250 were short listed.

We has
    a) Extempore speech
    b) Verbal communication (READING OUT LOUD a paragraph of a news article) + another extempore (for those who cleared round a. and those who didn't clear - got an interview too for a different department)
    c) Email writing (client grievance)
    d) HR interview

The managers (interviewers) are really nice!!

Interview Questions
    • (It is one of the most calm and stress-less interview i have had)

TIPS -
      Read about the company. They expect you to know SOMETHING about them and not be completely clueless.

Extempore - Speak clearly and confidently, put your points across properly!
        Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Summer Interview

Applied online via the website, did several tests.

They contacted me about two weeks after applications closed, inviting me to the AC.
    AC took about 3 hours. Involved of a individual case study. Then you presented case, followed by a behavioural interview and presentations by current grads.

Really nice and friendly.

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chengdu, Sichuan (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2011.

HR Telephone interview, hiring manager interview. You need to prepare you previous work experiences well and demonstrate your skills to your manager. There is a time space between the first interview and second interview.There is back ground check before you are onboard.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate too much.

SummerRisk Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in August 2014.

Applied through the website, answered all the general questions (e.g. why do you want to work in the area nominated, I chose Risk) and uploaded CV, passport photos, academic transcripts etc. The most annoying part is that there is the online assessments, where I was shown a series of scenario animations to answer questions. There was a problem with the website, and I was forced to redo all the questions again. The animations and questions themselves were poorly designed, the fonts were uncomfortably small. The experience was very uncomfortable. I was then rejected on the online assessment alone. And since I got the email of rejection minutes after I completed the online psych test, I don't believe my files were read by anyone. There weren't ant feedbacks. While I understand ANZ and similar organisations receive many applications, the overall experience was cold and I felt like I was dealing with machines rather than humans throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment and psych questions.I was asked to selected "most effective" and "least effective" answers when most answers were isomorphic to each other.   Answer Question

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2012.

There are two stages of the interview (if the job are hire directly via ANZ and not via external agency). First round are quite straight forward, more of knowing about you, your attitude, motivations, whether you are team player, etc.
    Behavior questions are based on the job description criteria - is good to prepare yourself some samples from your past experiences and use them to applies for various questions which could be raised.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in July 2014.

Consultancy arranged the interview on 7th July 2014. The first round was group discussion, the topic was, 'Education system in India'. Each one of us was given a chance to speak for about 2-3 mins. The next round was general aptitude test consisting of logical reasoning etc... Next we had E-mail writing test. Then the HR told us that we would be called after about a week. However we got a call only after 2.5 weeks!!

Personal Banker Interview

i am asking to have interview with brench manager right now. do not have any commonts yet. looking for some experences people had before.i did two times phone interview, first one was very good i thought, 2 weeks later my position have been filled up by internal. and second one i just kind of angry about HR of ANZ, so i said i just too tired to do any online assessments or any phone interview. then i got interview. therefore, i'd like to share my things - do not be soft to HR.

Business Architect Interview

the first level interview was conducted over phone by the hiring department looking for the basic details an interest. tis has lasted around 45 minutes. generally it was very good and very friendly as it is directly conducted by the bank

Interview Questions
    • nothing very difficult. generally they were highlighting the different senior role they are looking for   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2012.

Initially I got a call from HR recruiter from ANZ and interview was scheduled based on availability of interviewer and the process was smooth. There were technical questions related to the role and I was asked about work experience.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2012.

Largely a deceptive view of the position, actual job was very different from the job described during the interview process. Despite assurances along the way the job never evolved into the job that was interviewed for. This seemed to have been a trick to get you into the position more than anything else.

Interview Questions

Worked for Australia and New Zealand Banking? Contribute to the Community!