Australia and New Zealand Banking

Updated 15 Feb 2015
Updated 15 Feb 2015

2.9

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Very long and disorganised. Recruitment agency based in Phillipines so would be ringing very late. Job location advertised wasn't right. Took 4 weeks to get a phone call from the initial application.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best person for the job? And basic behavourial questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2015.

Four rounds in total:
    -Group Discussion: Asked to speak on a Topic for a minute or two.
    -Aptitude test: Questions on logical and verbal reasoning, along with a section on English.
    -HR Round: A paragraph was to be read out loud and was given a topic to speak on for two minutes. Email writing skills also tested.
    -Technical Round: Questions related to basic finance and personal experiences, as well as our knowledge about ANZ.

Interview Questions
    Freshers are advised not to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in February 2015.

First round will be group discussion, Some random topic will be given, topic which was given to me is "younger generation is more practical compared to older generation, comment". You need to speak on a topic for 2 minutes.
    Second round will aptitude, 30 questions in 30, not difficult nor easy.
    3rd- Voice assessment with hr it contains reading comprehension and speak on some random topic given by hr and cross questioning.
    4th- Written assessment- e-mail writing provided some scenarios.
    5th- Interview with your future manager and team lead.

Interview Questions
    • banking process, how banks make money, each and everything in your resume and other simple banking related questions   View Answer

Senior Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

The interview takes three rounds and starts from general interview to tech interview. The tech interview involves a lot of questions from easy one to difficult one. If you are a senior developer it won't stops you. If you can't answer the first 10, the interview might be terminated in advance (according to the interviewer). The questions involve basic mobile development questions and system OS framework. So if you want to get succeed in the interview, do some homework in advance.

Recruitment Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Recruiters usually call candidates and interview them via phone. If they pass, they will be scheduled for an assessment (exam) and endorsed to client interview afterwards. If a candidate passed the recruitment process, background checking and job offer will take place.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in November 2014.

Got a call through consultant. 1st round went for an hour by hiring manager. most of questions about my work experience in my CV. more questions on SAS as my position is into Risk modeling teams. more into statistical techniques, BASEL related things. 1-2 case studies on credit cards, loans and how they work in industry; as a business guy how do you start a business into these from risk or marketing perspective.
    2nd round is with India head. It was a cakewalk. why this? why that ? :D. some HR stuff. and they got the offer on the discussion table itself

Interview Questions
    • More into statistical procedures. Be prepared at what you are interviewed for.   Answer Question
    25-30% hike

Lawyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Applied online - pretty standard.

First interview was with an HR person - again fairly standard.

Next interview was with the hiring manager. Reasonably straightforward behavioural questions.

After that, radio silence. In the interview I was told a decision would be made within a week. So I called the HR contact after a week and left a message, no response. I tried again a few days later and was told the hiring manager had gone on leave without having made a decision. I tried again several times until more than a month after the interview, they said I'd been unsuccessful. I really think that if I hadn't persevered, they simply wouldn't have bothered with the basic courtesy of letting me know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in September 2014.

First there was a presentation by the HR Manager, then the representatives from each department (IIB and Retail Wealth Management) spoke about the job profiles. Then we had an aptitude test - 30 Qs 30 minutes. There was also a listening test - 3 parts
    a) Long conversation - 5 Q's
    b) 5 short conversations - 1 Q each = 5 Qs
    c) Long conversation again - 5 Q's
    (This is done to test whether you are comfortable with the foreign accent or not)

As the aptitude test was very easy, the cut off was high (i suppose) and appx 35 out of 200-250 were short listed.

We has
    a) Extempore speech
    b) Verbal communication (READING OUT LOUD a paragraph of a news article) + another extempore (for those who cleared round a. and those who didn't clear - got an interview too for a different department)
    c) Email writing (client grievance)
    d) HR interview

The managers (interviewers) are really nice!!

Interview Questions
    • (It is one of the most calm and stress-less interview i have had)

TIPS -
      Read about the company. They expect you to know SOMETHING about them and not be completely clueless.

Extempore - Speak clearly and confidently, put your points across properly!

Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Summer Interview

Applied online via the website, did several tests.

They contacted me about two weeks after applications closed, inviting me to the AC.
    AC took about 3 hours. Involved of a individual case study. Then you presented case, followed by a behavioural interview and presentations by current grads.

Really nice and friendly.

SummerRisk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in August 2014.

Applied through the website, answered all the general questions (e.g. why do you want to work in the area nominated, I chose Risk) and uploaded CV, passport photos, academic transcripts etc. The most annoying part is that there is the online assessments, where I was shown a series of scenario animations to answer questions. There was a problem with the website, and I was forced to redo all the questions again. The animations and questions themselves were poorly designed, the fonts were uncomfortably small. The experience was very uncomfortable. I was then rejected on the online assessment alone. And since I got the email of rejection minutes after I completed the online psych test, I don't believe my files were read by anyone. There weren't ant feedbacks. While I understand ANZ and similar organisations receive many applications, the overall experience was cold and I felt like I was dealing with machines rather than humans throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment and psych questions.I was asked to selected "most effective" and "least effective" answers when most answers were isomorphic to each other.   Answer Question