AutoTrader Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated 29 Jul 2014

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoTrader.

Started as a contractor so my experience may be different from someone who started as a permanent employee. Phone screen was with the recruiter. I had to send in some samples of my work. Then it was an onsite interview with 2 peers and the hiring manager. Very casual interview. Each interviewer has their own style. I brought my portfolio as requested but they didn't bring it up. So I offered to show them a few things and they were pleased. Allow time to find parking, figure out how to get in and where to do, check in with security and get settled in. They were fairly quick in providing feedback about how the interview went.

Interview Questions
    • "Will you commute to far north Fulton County?" was asked repeatedly even though I told the recruited I had to be near 285. That was frustrating, but in the end they were flexible about which location I worked at when I started.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy Springs, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader in May 2014.

I received a call from the hiring manager of this position, who apparently came across my resume in the company's database, as I had not actually applied for this particular position. He asked me a few questions, basically to see if I was still in the market for opportunities, which I was, and we agreed to speak later that week for an initial phone screening.

The phone screen was again, fairly "easy breezy" and simple: just a rundown of previous experience and what I was looking for in a position. The hiring manager asked if I would be able to come in a few days later for a sit down, which I agreed to.

The sit down interview was very informal and occurred after business hours, which was understandable due to the manager's work schedule. This process was extremely repetitive of the phone screening but also consisted of an overview of the department, what the position entailed, team responsibilities, and so forth. The manager also took me on a short tour of the facility, which is extremely nice. Place also has an on-site cafeteria and gym.
    The next step in the process, a panel interview, occurred a week later, which I was already confidant in being rewarded with. The members, those of whom I would be collaborating with on various topics discussed their roles with me, and asked me a few questions about my work history, but there weren’t and “deep dive” Q&As regarding much of anything except for a few knowledge questions surrounding databases that I would be working in. I pretty much knew from that interview that I would receive an offer, which came about 3 days later.

This had to be the most painless interview process I've ever been through.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader in April 2014.

Got contacted by a recruiter through my school. Asked a few questions and then weeks later a position opened up. Set up an in person STAR interview. Asked some expected questions such as "Tell me about yourself" and after describing some projects "What did you learn?" Then began to ask personality questions "What do you do for fun?" to try and see if they would enjoy working with you. It was very professional and rather quick, maybe 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • The personality questions. I was told it was a STAR interview so I had an idea of what I was going to say about my resume, but didn't expect these. So I just talked about what I enjoy and who I am.   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate because it was an internship.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader.

The interview process is run by HR. Each department has an HR representative. They handle the screening, set up, and execution of the process. HR does a very thorough, professional job. You must enter all your resume data into their online system. It's a pain after you've gone to all the trouble of creating a .DOC, but it is what it is. Not unusual for these days. You go through one or two phone interviews, then two on-site sessions where you may see four or five individuals by the end of the day. Drug screening, criminal and financial histories are checked.

Interview Questions
    • Depends on what you're going for. I didn't encounter anything weird.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. The offer was much better than I was doing at the time. I didn't push much.

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader.

Typical STAR format. Phone screen with HR and most often second interview will be with two managers (minimum). Often a third interview will follow with higher title within reporting structure.

Interview Questions
    Easy but company will not budge on additional vacation days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader.

Worked through a recruiter... VERY professional interview where I was asked relevant questions. The company gave me a very good impression.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiations.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dunwoody, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader in July 2012.

I was referred by a staffing agency. They set up a phone interview with the manager and another team member. The questions were very basic about what type of work was I currently doing. The interview was very relaxed and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult for me since I knew how to communicate what I do   Answer Question
    Recruiting agency had already establishe a pay rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AutoTrader in October 2011.

Called by an internal recruiter and went over the position and company. After discussion I was set for an interview at their Atlanta office, which is located off 400 in one of the busiest areas of the city. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour and a half, lasting more than two hours, I was interviewed by three levels of management. Most questions were situational based while others were personality related. At the end, they requested I take a paper test related to the position which is either a know it or not type test. It asked to find trends on a data sheet, complete the series of numbers and shapes etc.

The company speaks of the culture as competitive and allows for a work life balance. Based on those I met, I could only imagine them all trying to be the smartest in the room.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AutoTrader in April 2011.

I had applied online for a training position and never received any news. I later had a former employee of AT sumbit my resume and received a call from HR the next day saying that they were very interested in interviewing me. The HR person told me the hiring salary range for my experience and asked me if I was interested before setting up the interview. A day before the interview I received a phone call from HR again saying that the salary range she told me ended up being much higher than the manager would make an offer for and they wanted to know if I was still willing to proceed with the interview. I interviewed the next day with 2 different managers...they used a script and took turns reading questions to me. Since this was a training position, I asked them if the other trainers were using Captivate to create their e-learnings and/or develop their training content. They told me that they and their staff were just learning that software and that was a goal for their department. I brought along my laptop and showed them several samples of presentations that I had developed, as well as, giving them a copy of a CD with other examples of my work. The manager told me that she would follow up with me in a week. I sent a follow up email to thank both interviewing managers for their time and I never heard back. I had to contact HR myself to find out that they decided to hire internally.

Interview Questions
    • What was one experience that you had where it turned out to be a positive learning experience for yourself?   View Answer

Digital Media Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AutoTrader in December 2010.

Did not apply for any related job. Contacted by recruiter by phone. Recruiter interviewed me over the phone to confirm experience/skill level and schedule an in office interview. Interview in three parts: panel, written test, flash skills test. Panel interview had two supervisors and a level two and lasted 30 mins or so. Questions were STAR format (situation, task, action, result) so they wanted you to focus on specific events in your work history. Test had 10 simple actionscript questions. Skills test was 45 mins and they ask you to create a flash banner ad. ActionScript animation or demonstration of skill highly recommended.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are pretty straightforward. I did not have an example for a situation where I had made a mistake and had taken action to correct it.   View Answer

Worked for AutoTrader? Contribute to the Community!