AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.3

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Tucson, AZ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was asked about my management experience and automotive knowledge and the minimum pay I would except. Simple and easy going interveiw process. I was also asked if I'm comfortable installing batteries and headlights and wiper blades for customers.was also asked to have a conversation in spanish to show my Spanish proficiency as a lot of customers don't speak english

Interview Questions

• What parts are in the brake system   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Multiple interviews to be hired as a MIT. Met with DM,RM,LP, and HR Manager. The process consisted of a few solo interviews with the local Dm. Then it was a panel interview after with the regional management team. After that I was contacted a few days later to start my background check. That process took a few weeks. Some people I have hired after I started have taken days. It all depends on the speed of counties reporting back.

Interview Questions

• Customer service based questions as well as inventory control questions.   Answer Question

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Galveston, TX (US)).

Interview

It was an interview mostly asking how much I was advanced in the auto parts industry, questions about certain parts of the engine were asked, my education, customer service

Interview Questions

• One question asked was,, what all consist of the cooling system, or perhaps the brake aystem   1 Answer

Store Autozoner Interview

Interview

Had a first interview, went well, got scheduled for a second with the district manager on a Thursday at 4, I got there at 3:45 and went in and he wasn't there, so I left my name and number and called the other autozone to reschedule. We rescheduled the following Thursday at 3:15 (earlier in hopes he would be there) Thursday came up, drove all the way out there again, and he wasn't there.

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AutoZone (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied by sending in my resume, couple hours later i recieved a call. Got to the interview the next day and the hiring manager liked my professional look and only asked a few questions about my previous jobs and skills. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you gained from your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone (Chattanooga, TN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, but somewhat unorganized interview. Manager was very nice and not threatening at all. She explained how they work as a team here and that it is very laid back. At the same time, she did the typical, "Corporate makes me ask you these questions". The questions were very standard: tell me about a time when you had an employee conflict at work, tell me a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you resolve it, etc.
    I was asked what I was looking for as far as wages. Based on the average pay on this website, I asked for $9.50. I was told thats insanely high and that I needed to be more reasonable, so I went with $8.50. She said it may still be too high, and asked what my absolute bottom dollar is. I told her $8.32 (what I was currently making at another job). A few days later I got a call saying that she couldn't offer me any more than $8.23. I denied her offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was angry, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

I was not offered anything close to what I thought this job was worth.

Store Autozoner Interview

Interview

Process was straightforward and easy. Consists of 2 rounds. First is the phone interview and then the in person interview with the store manager. Phone interview is screening the obvious technical questions about cars. Store interview is more about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Put down a reasonable desired wage on the application. A little higher will not be bad, then negotiate from there.

Part and Sales Representative Interview

Interview

It was in the back while sitting on a bucket in a crowded corner way too close to the young manager who kept flirting way too much. It happened the same moment after I asked to see the manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about motors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Cashier Interview

Interview

Very quick had to take a test about knowledge on cars, i know i don't do good on the test but still got the job i guess they really needed someone so basically i got went in to a backroom took the test then the manager asked me a few questions

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AutoZone in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line. I was scheduled to meet with a Store Manager and District Manager twice. Each time, the interview was cancelled and I was given 4-6 hours notice. Finally met with both Store Manager (looked like in his twenties) and District Manager (looked like he was 50 to 65). Based on the Store Manager's questions, this was his first interview, and he asked me my age (an illegal question). I declined to answer. Other questions asked were, "Tell me about your knowledge of cars." I replied that I was a SCCA mechanic for over 10 years, I have 2 cars all with 200,000+ miles and 1 car with 190, 000 miles. Since I do a lot of maintenance myself, the cars are in great shape. At the close of the interview I was told the salary would be $10.00 per hour. At the end of the interview, I was directed to website. I went to the website, answered several questions; the web site appeared to be broken, because it would not save my answers. Following day re-answered the questions. I was offered the job at a reduced rate of $9.25/hour. When I inquired about the $10.00/hour mentioned in the interview, the Store Manager said, "This is the best rate I can offer." On Saturday 1/17/2015, the store manager asked me to meet him at 2:00 PM to complete the I-9 form, W-4 form. I arrived at the store at 1:55 PM (early) and met the Assistant Store Manager who informed me the Store Manager just left; and the Assistant Store Manager couldn't access the computer to print the I-9 form and other forms (i.e. this was a waste of my time). On Monday afternoon, the Store Manager never called to apologize. I called the District Manager and explained what happened on Saturday (The Store Manager was a no show for a scheduled meeting). The District Manager said, "I don't care. It's not my problem. Go talk with the Store Manager."

Interview Questions

• Store Manager asked me, "How old are you?"   1 Answer

The Store Manager didn't show for a scheduled meeting on Saturday.