AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.3

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring Valley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, CA (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at AutoZone in September 2014.

Was called to attend an interview for a Saturday morning. When I received the call, woman on phone said if I was still interested, and if I wanted to come in for an interview, she instructed me to come in anytime after 9am. I was not given a store address or a specific time, so I ended up having to call a couple Spring Valley locations in San Diego to find out the location. I called ahead of time to see if 11am was an ok time. Manager on the phone confirmed that this was ok. When I arrived, there was another woman ahead of me which was ok, as I did not mind waiting. I was told to wait patiently and the manager would be with me in a brief moment. I waited for about and hour before leaving without the interview. Very unprofessional, bad experience. Not worth it.

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at AutoZone.

Speak with a mgr that mostly spoke about her personal life. But when she ask question I answer all question really good without any problem. The drug screen was great and we also had to take one class before we could start working.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AutoZone.

Basic panel nothing to make you loose cool. Make sure if you don't know the answer say your willing to learn and ur wasn't apart of basic process at your company.

Interview Questions
    • None for me ...breaking down a profit an loss statement   Answer Question
    Only if u have experience or u can be seen viable to the company

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in August 2014.

I had to go through two Interviews in which the first one was the actual hiring one seeing if you are competent enough to fill the position and the second was just for the district manager to meet you and verify what the hiring manager saw in your potential as a perspective candidate.

Interview Questions
    • I had to compare two similar products and explain the differences between the two as to which one I should sell a customer to ensure the customer had the correct product and not just sell a product for the customer to pay for the more expensive but not necessary price. In other words if the customer would be fine with the lower priced product then that would be the one I offer to him.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Done over the phone and in person. Found interviewer to be cordial, yet pretty blunt. The interviewer explained that they had to ask hard questions so there would be no surprises if I got the job. Although I felt a little intimidated with the process, I felt the person was very honest with me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The entire hiring process took nearly 2 months. Autozone is a very deliberate company. I interviewed in November 2013 and was hired January 2014. The interview was fairly basic. I had very little knowledge of Automobiles but I was able to let my character and personality show during the interview.

No negotiation.

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fontana, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2014.

Interview process was fairly simple and to the point. I noticed the employs were very caring and the manager was knowledgeable as well as the dm. took about a week to get to the interview process for the company

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you seen you friend giving away free stuff   View Answer
    Asked and they gave it to me

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Granger, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granger, IN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2014.

I had one interview and the manager gave me a test to see what i knew about auto parts. I figured since i didn't know anything i wouldn't get the job. The manager questioned everything about me and my past job history. Asked if i was in the Armed Services. Straight forward with me every step of the way.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at AutoZone.

Phone interview that did not discuss the position... was told it was a customer service position when really it was collections. Supervisor spoke of her religious beliefs in orientation more than the job itself.

Interview Questions
    This is what we pay... none negotiable.

Commercial Driver Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoZone.

I was interviewed at one store, and supposed to be hired there as a Parts Manager at a higher pay rate and full time. HOWEVER, I was offered a low paying basic entry level part time job 24 miles away! Being currently unemployed for almost one year, I reluctantly took it. A decision I still regret to this day!

Interview Questions
    Pay and schedule are non-negotiable. Employees are numbers.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!