Avis Budget Group Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

2.4

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Phone interview with job recruiter who tells you what to say if they like you in the next step. Then in person interview with District Manager, then drug testing then walk through of location.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have working with sales and meeting goals   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Vehicle Return Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2014.

This process is probably the most unprofessional interview process that I have gone through. First you get an email say to call them to conduct a phone interview which your put on hold for 10 minutes. After you wait 10 minutes you get to speak to very unpleasant people and they tell you a senior recruiter will contact you in 48 hours. What is the point of the email saying for you to conduct a phone interview? And then if you miss the phone call you have to go through it all over again... I applied 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting to conduct the phone interview..You can also tell how good the company is when they don't know that Florida is Eastern Standard time.

Interview Questions
    • When I said I was from Florida, they asked me what country it was in?   View Answer

Station Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview Questions
    • Work culture is very good specially our seniors are very helpful & always there when ever required & gets good guidance. Had lots of learning & really a very good working place.   View Answer

Rentla Sales Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Previous week I passed the online assessment and given an interview date for the next week. No one would pick up the phone (a bad omen), so the next day I called and managed to secure an interview. I got dressed up and like the others I arrived 15 minutes early for the interview. People were friendly and I waited until 10 and then was finally told no sales position was available and to drive up the street and make a left on the first light.

I spoke to the secretary who was very friendly in the main office, and she told me these mix-up do happen. The lady then called the 1-800 number and I was informed someone would call me same day (never happened), so i called the number again after I went home and was told the call would be escalated and I would be informed in 3-5 days. Again I was told these mixups do happen, and to hold tight.

I'm guessing at this point I'll be lucky to get a letter of rejection that I didn't get the job in 3-5 days.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

I got the interview from a friend at school. He worked at that locations for 6 yrs and needed a replacement. The whole interview process took about half an hour and we did the interview right as the locations had closed. The interviewer asked "Why would you like to work here?" "Would you do if a coustumer is upset at you?" and a hand full more about coustumer service questions. The interviewer was extermemly friendly and turned out to be my boss for 5 yrs.

Wheelchair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Boston, MA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group in August 2014.

eye to eye communication, appropriate language, less questions, be professional, open-minded, humour, respect others and their point of view and opinions to things, be interested in your job, be reliable for others to trust you easily, think and have solutions to problems, react appropriate to any situation bad or good.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in August 2014.

Submitted application on line and got email for phone interview the same day. Interview was 1/2 hrs and wanted to know all about coaching actions, experience, salary, and how you would handle employee that wasn't making it At end asked what would be your lowest salary excepted, I said 45,000.00 and she said she would forward my information and I would be contacted again to advise if I got it or not. Don't have outcome yet,

Rental Sales Agent Interview

I applied online, got a call within a week and had an on the phone interview. They called me in for a 1-on-1 interview which was scheduled a few days after the phone interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2014.

I applied online and 2 days after doing so I received an email about a phone interview and nailed it and I was scheduled for a face to face interview that I nailed as well !! The interview had me a lil nervous because you will be asked to role play but I put my fears aside . Then after the interview I received my job offer and now I have orientation this week I'm super excited about starting my career with Avis Budget Group.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time in which you overcame conflict with a customer ?   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel your a great fit for the position in which you applied ?   Answer Question
    • Do you have issue with working flexible hours or working outside if need be ?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you obtain to assist you in your work ?   Answer Question
    If you accept the offer , make sure your a peoples person they are very strict about over the top customer service because you working with customers your entire shift be willing to lend a helping had and do for someone else what you would expect if you were a customer. Good Luck on you job search.

Part Time Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2014.

Applied online, got an email to setup a phone screening. After the phone screen I went in and talked to a manager. She basically told me about the job and asked if I wanted it.

No Negotiation