Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated 18 Mar 2015
Updated 18 Mar 2015

2.6

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

2 interviews: 1. Phone Interview: - Peoplescout | 2. One2One: - District Manager at Dallas Area

1.5 hours interview - basic interview questions! The manager was more interested in learning my work approach & thinking ability than anthing else. I liked it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat price - non negotiable!

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

Contacted by HR in Dallas, When I went to interview the guy didn't know I was scheduled. Big red flag in my mind. Interview went fairly well but I was not offered the position and only found out through an email a week and a half later, also from Dallas.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview was easy.
    A couple of in person interviews which really decide on whether you get the job. Do not be afraid to dig into the tough questions such as work hours and benefits. Hiring managers enjoy the competitive nature as well as the drive to succeed through effective time management.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Very porfessional, phone interview then interview with district manager

Interview Questions

• If your supervisor gives you a project and half way through you are not able to finish it in the time frame, What would you do?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Questions

• She asked me to sell her a pen. It was totally unexpected   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate a salary

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screening, 1:1 with airport manager, 1:1 with district manager, 1:1 with regional HR Manager. Process was very professional, and made sense for the position being hired for. The questions were fair, and legit; no stump the chump or games.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me a very fair offer up front, no negotiation needed.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group (South San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online and then took an online assessment. A recruiting person called me awhile later and did a brief phone interview process. He was extremely nice and personable and made me feel comfortable. He scheduled me with a hiring manager at the location I would be working at. The interview was mostly "tell me about...", with a few behavioral questions here and there. I spoke with about 3 other managers while I was there. Everyone was pretty nice. I got a response a couple of weeks later

They actually opened a new position closer to my home and offered it to me, but I declined due to the hours. He told me upfront that it would be a MINIMUM of 50 hours a week. If he is telling me that in our first interview, I already know it's going to be more like 60, especially during the busy summer months.

I did not hear back from the recruiting guy or manager after stating I was declining the offer and my reasons, which I thought was pretty rude.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a Sales Associate is calling you because they are out of cars and they have an irate customer to deal with?   1 Answer

Ridiculous amount of hours for the pay. Wasn't worth it in my opinion. I am not interested in working for a company that overworks its salaried employees in order to save a couple of bucks on overtime.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

There were a couple interviews and personality tests

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a good employee thinking of leaving the company and how did you convince them to stay   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Oakland, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very long and at the end worthless. They offered a job and when it came down to it they changed everything up making it horrible. This was after the offer and after I gave notice.

They changed the offer after they made the offer.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group (Honolulu, HI (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Avis was extremely professional in their approach. They were thorough, however, they also made the experience very comfortable. They went above and beyond to accommodate for interview times. I had several interviews and was able to speak with people from the front desk sales all the way to the regional director. They made it very easy to feel like it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

I accepted another opportunity with a different company