Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.6

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in September 2013.

Efficient, polite, professional and friendly

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2012.

first step to become a sales leader is to become a representative first, you need to get the basics of how the Avon business works, once you are confident as a representative and achieve sales of over £150 each campaign, you can apply to be a sales leader and grow your own team of representatives

Interview Questions
    • was to set yourself a goal and set yourself a time to achieve it   View Answer
    you need to be able to commit into sales leadership to grow your team of min 3 new reps in each campaign

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northampton, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in July 2009.

Mostly competency based questions - give us a situation where u used leadership skills to influence team members, where you had to convince senior professionals to arrive at a decision, where you used time management skills to solve complex problems.... interviewees were most graduate students (2nd gap year students)... culture was friendly.... had a new building coming up with a new office

Interview Questions
    • Outline a situation that required you to take a particularly quick and definitive decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take charge of a group of people in order to achieve a particularly important outcome. Give me an example of something you have done to bring out the best in another person or when you created a learning opportunity for someone.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I posted my CV online. first received a phone call from HR with very generic questions on behaviors and salary expectation. a week later a phone interview was set up with the Hiring manager and another person from the group. three weeks later I was invited to on -site interview with the group as well as a couple people outside the group. overall nice and friendly people. lots of detailed technical questions from a couple scientists.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Avon Products in September 2010.

Applied for several postings over 2 years. Was called in over the two years for 1st and 2nd rounds of interviews for several postings but extremely slow moving. I received other job offers and had to decline when an offer was finally made. Few years later I was approached to come in a temp. Was hired 2 months later.

A bit rigid. Little room for negotiation.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avon Products in March 2013.

4 rounds of interview first was a telephonic round second and third was face to face....asking about your previous experience....fourth was HR round.....finally I accepted the offer....gives a decent salary

Did not negotiate

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Avon Products in April 2014.

Interview process seems to be ongoing...

Applied online (March 2014) and get called for phone interview ~3 weeks later (April 2014)

Had an initial phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with an Executive Director. I got invited to come in for an onsite interview 2 weeks later. I met with 2 Brand Managers, a Global Director, and the HR Manager.

I did not receive any feedback so I reached out (end of April) and was told the position just went on hold but I am still under consideration and I should check back in a month. So I followed up (end of May 2014) and got a response within 5 minutes that the position is still on hold and movement is expected in July and that I should follow up again.

So I followed up end of June and never got a response...no phone call/no email reply/no update to my status online...

Interview Questions
    • We flipped through a fashion magazine and I had to pick an ad and explain what I liked about it and what I did not like and why.   View Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.

Minimum of eight interviews over the course of several months. Most of the interviews are via phone. One was an all day ride along with a District Sales Manager in another area.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions difficult or inappropriate.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible. HR emailed the package details and I was given a week to review the package and sign the paperwork.

E-Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mechanicsville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Avon Products in March 2010.

Was called in for an interview at McDonalds a few days after I applyed for the job online. She did the interview at McDonalds and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    making your own money doing it on your own time

Toxicologist II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products.

Phone interview was typical for a large company. Onsite interview was rolling along until Lunch. Maybe I expected too much, but we went to the cafeteria, where the hiring manager had me pay for my own lunch. Based on experience from other companies, this seemed a little odd. There was a bad vibe the rest of the day/

Interview Questions

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!