BB&T Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

2.7

Analyst Interview

Interview was arranged through the campus recruitment program; On campus interview; Simple interview process; One rep from specific group with one from HR; All fit questions and nothing technical; Be prepared with you own questions for them

Community Branch Banker III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BB&T in October 2014.

I applied online for the position which was listed on a job board. I received an email from the team leader about a week later about an interview the next day. The interview was with the team leader and higher ranking employee. They were very nice and made the interview comfortable. They explained the position to me and asked me a little about myself.

Interview Questions
    • The only interview-like question I had was about a time when I had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Teller Part Time Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T.

Hi guys! Well I'm not an employee yet (hopefully though). Well to start I submitted an application online this past Sunday. I received an email to complete the teller assessment (which was EXTREMELY easy) this past Tuesday. Now I'm just playing the waiting game (which I'm not good at lol). Hopefully I get a call or email soon saying I moved on to the next part of the interview.

Branch Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

I went through a phone interview and then three other in person interviews with various branch managers and a senior manager. I have seen a few other employees being interviewed and usually starts with a phone interview and then an in person interview. Some of the questions are scripted and typical job interview questions. The branch manager is able to ask a few of their own questions.

Interview Questions
    • some of the questions asked were just to test to see how you would react to a complex question.   View Answer
    I used glass door to find out what the average salary was for my area. My offer was above average so I accepted.

Market Leader III, Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Applied online and got a call from the HR Rep about a week later. Once I went through the phone interview I was told if the hiring manager selected me for a face to face I would be called back. Got a call back the next day to interview a week later face to face. After face to face got an additional call that the hiring manager would like to meet with me again, accepted and was offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Interview was pretty easy. Had second interview and got offer the next day.   Answer Question
    Salary was what I asked for during phone interview

Market Leader Interview

Straight forward interview process with first going through HR. You will have only 1 interview with area manager and decisions are made quickly. Hiring managers need applicants to hit "Value boxes" to be hired. Read up on BB&T culture and value to spit out a few lines. Little flexibility in offers due to BB&T's low pay scale

Relationship Banker I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T in September 2014.

I applied online then about 3-4 weeks later received a phone call from HR rep who asked general questions about work experience and why I wanted to work at BB&T. I was then moved on to the next level to speak with someone similar to a Regional Manager. I was made aware that day that I had moved on to the next level to interview with Branch Manger at location I may be working at. That's whats next. Hopefully after interview I will get offer

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Teller Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T in September 2014.

I applied and did not receive a call for an interview till about 5 weeks after. I actually didn't think I would be interviewed at that point. I had an interview with the branch manager. She also said she had a branch banker position coming open and if I was interested so I then applied for that as well. I received a call about a week and half after and I was offered the branch banker position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who was upset.   View Answer
    No negotiations. I accepted offer.

Credit Analyst Interview

First, there is a phone Interview that covers basic resume and career goal questions, and then a face-to-face interview on site that involves 2-3 personal interviews with existing managers. Interview on site has several behavioral questions asked (Name a time when you handled a difficult situation, what differentiates BB&T from other banks, what are your values, etc.) with a follow up about your career goals.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiates BB&T from other banks?   View Answer

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Filled out an application online on the BB&T website. About 3 weeks to a month later I received a call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well, recruiter was really nice, standard interview quetions. 3 days later I received a called to schedule a face to face interview on site in Greensboro with 3 team members. It was a lengthy interview, about 2 hours. Then I had another seperate interview to meet with the Assistant Vice President in Raleigh. The next day i received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: how many basketballs do you think can fit in this room?   View Answer

BB&T is a great company and I think working with my interviewers would have been positive, it's just that I changed my mind about moving so far away from home and received an offer somewhere else.