BB&T Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015
Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.7

LDP Interview

Interview

Had a first round interview on campus. It was very basic behavioral questions and some why BB&T type questions. About a week later I was contacted to take a few personality tests. After that I was flown out to their headquarters in Winston Salem where I had one day of interviews. There was small written portion followed by two behavioral interviews. They are really trying to find fit more than anything.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most pressing regulatory issues the bank is facing?   Answer Question

Processing Services Documentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Wilson, NC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by HR on Thursday to interview with the department manager on Friday. Two hours after my interview, I was called by HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some interview questions you prepared for that I didn't ask you?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was on grounds and it was strictly behavioral with two questions about the financial industry and one about the company specifically. The day before the interview I was sent a link to complete some personality assessments and those were long and really asked you personal things and interests. I was very honest and was invited to the second round a little more than a week later. The second round takes place in Winston-Salem and they will most likely work with you to arrange travel transportation and reimbursement. This interview process was composed of an introduction of what BB&T is and its culture, followed by a round of behavioral interviews and a written case assignment that you then explain to a second interviewer. It is not hard, but you have to know enough of the company so you can apply their strategy and mindset into the response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were on a leadership position that required a lot of work and attention to detail and how did you managed to succeed?   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to come in for an interview. Interviewed with a BB&T employee who had gone through the LDP a few years ago. Interview lasted about an hour and a half and was pretty straightforward and behavioral.

I am still waiting to hear if I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How have you been successful in influencing others?
      Why do you want to work in financial services?
      What qualities are important to you in a leader and give an example of when you have displayed these qualities.

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Greenville, SC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying to the position I received an email asking me to take a practice teller test which was a simulation where I had to decided how to respond to clients. A week later I received a call asking for an interview where I was asked basic questions with the manager and head teller. Afterwords they told me they would call within a few days.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island what 3 things would you bring?   1 Answer

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 2-4 weeks. First, an on campus interview with mostly behavior questions. Second interview was at corporate in NC. Went into more details. Third interview revolves around a case and a meeting with managers.

Teller/Head Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Initial communication was quick. They set me up for an interview right away. Two people, a manager and Human resource person met with me. Interview went great. I thought the job was to be for me.

Interview Questions

• What I do not like about myself.   1 Answer

Market Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Winchester, VA (US)).

Interview

got contacted by a recruiter, did phone interview, came in for face to face interview, then at second interview I was offered the job. got urine test at Labcorp immediately following the interview. also had to submit to fingerprints for FBI investigation. had to get SAFE registered since all ML's are also Lenders.

Interview Questions

• the person who interviewed me talked about values, vision, culture--it was a huge education about the company. the interviewer was the Regional Executive and was very professional, but made me feel very comfortable and I opened up and shared my true experiences. He wanted to know about my experience with small business, lending, and Leadership. it's hard to fake it, and speak on experiences that you don't have. it will come through loud and clear because most of the Leaders and Employees at BB&T are Extremely focused on Small Business and Lending. You'll get trained in lending, but you should have a strong business acumen as it relates to Small Business products/services/business meetings   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated some terms of my offer, but the offer was more than fair. they pay commensurate with Experience.
    Note: BB&T no longer administers Drug test (when I was hired they did, however). There is a Background check (be honest).

Model Validation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone. All questions were about the research projects I did in grad school to see if my background fits the position. I was asked many very general questions, for example to explain the model that we used, what types of approximations that we made, and the regressions that we have done. .

Interview Questions

• The interviewer went into the very details of the model.   Answer Question

Banking Branch Manager III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in January 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks, applied online and got a phone call from the HR the very next day asking pretty much everything on my resume. A couple of days later got phone called again to set up a second interview with the hiring manager of the branch; the interview took about an hour and it went really smooth, very nice interviewer paying attention and writing notes all the time. I was told to wait for one last call next week to know whether I as hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one situation in your job when your integrity was involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not really a negotiation, just asked me what my expectations were and a couple of days later the sent me the job offer with a fixed salary