BB&T

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.7

Branch Banker Interview

Started with a basic phone interview to gauge interest and inquire about work history. About two weeks later I met with the hiring manager for a face to face interview. It was a fairly relaxed interview mostly oriented toward whether or not I would be comfortable in a sales and service role. There were no "gotcha" questions or anything like that. However, I'm sure it's different from manager to manager.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you experienced a difficult customer, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Private Financial Advisor Interview

In face interview with 3 associate members. Behavioral questions. Advisors talked about their personal experiences within the field and then spoke of the challenges of being younger and advancing within the company. You will have to start off in a very small role and work your way up from there.

No negotiation.

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in November 2014.

One on campus interview with HR specialist. They fly you out to Winston-Salem. You have 2 interviews back to back with random departments within BB&T. You have a very simple case to do and explain during 1 of these 2 interviews. You also have a paper writing assignment to do... (silly and very informal way of doing a writing sample with no guidance). They also try to sell you the position because BB&T pays less than industry average and try to say how they are so different and offer 500 stock options that aren't worth much. And they claim about their exceptional health benefits.. Fishy people.

BSO Interview

Great, flew to ws and met with tons of ppl, i dont reallly want to write anymore, i have nothing else to say, thats all i have to say about that

Analyst Interview

Interview was arranged through the campus recruitment program; On campus interview; Simple interview process; One rep from specific group with one from HR; All fit questions and nothing technical; Be prepared with you own questions for them

Collections Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in October 2014.

HR call, Computer Test, Interview, Offer it was fairly simple. Canned questions. They didn't seem to care what I had to say. They just took notes.

DIdnt budge on salary

Community Branch Banker III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BB&T in October 2014.

I applied online for the position which was listed on a job board. I received an email from the team leader about a week later about an interview the next day. The interview was with the team leader and higher ranking employee. They were very nice and made the interview comfortable. They explained the position to me and asked me a little about myself.

Interview Questions
    • The only interview-like question I had was about a time when I had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Teller Part Time Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T.

Hi guys! Well I'm not an employee yet (hopefully though). Well to start I submitted an application online this past Sunday. I received an email to complete the teller assessment (which was EXTREMELY easy) this past Tuesday. Now I'm just playing the waiting game (which I'm not good at lol). Hopefully I get a call or email soon saying I moved on to the next part of the interview.

Branch Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

I went through a phone interview and then three other in person interviews with various branch managers and a senior manager. I have seen a few other employees being interviewed and usually starts with a phone interview and then an in person interview. Some of the questions are scripted and typical job interview questions. The branch manager is able to ask a few of their own questions.

Interview Questions
    • some of the questions asked were just to test to see how you would react to a complex question.   View Answer
    I used glass door to find out what the average salary was for my area. My offer was above average so I accepted.

Market Leader III, Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Applied online and got a call from the HR Rep about a week later. Once I went through the phone interview I was told if the hiring manager selected me for a face to face I would be called back. Got a call back the next day to interview a week later face to face. After face to face got an additional call that the hiring manager would like to meet with me again, accepted and was offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Interview was pretty easy. Had second interview and got offer the next day.   Answer Question
    Salary was what I asked for during phone interview