BDO USA

Updated 19 Feb 2015
Updated 19 Feb 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at BDO USA.

Applied for an internship through the company website. Was contacted couple of weeks later and set up a phone interview where I was offered an opportunity for a full time position. Couple of days later, was invited for an in house interview with 3 employees in 30 minute intervals. Everyone was laid back and the interview was conversational. It was one of the more laid back interviews I had.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral with some questions about my work experience. Gave me a lot of situational questions, "what would you do if...."
      Also asked me my 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.

View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA.

Applied through university, got 1st round interviews on campus. 2ND round interviews were in office, consisted of lunch with the professionals and then three 30 minute interviews. Basic questions, some behavioral. Overall a 1-1.5 month process.

International Tax Interview

was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. there were 3 rounds of interviews--basically behavioral questions. and hour later I was notified that my interviews went well and things were looking good. I was offered the internship later that day.

Tax Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BDO USA.

applied through online and had office interview.
    30 min one-on-one interview with four supervisors. very nice supervisors and talk more about behavior questions. they also gave me some advices for future interviews etc.

Interview Questions
    • simple questions like "what is your great strengthness or weakness?"   Answer Question

Consulting Managing Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA.

I interviewed in NYC. Went through rounds with 4-5 other MDs and Partners. Very weird group. One MD acted like he was interrogating me and kept repeating questions. No personality. Head of the group talked non-stop and bragged about his accomplishments. Then I had lunch with 2 other people who seemed to have social skills. The experience left me wondering what the identity of the group is.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you leave your current job to join BDO? (Firm almost seemed insecure abut itself).   Answer Question

People did not seem to be in touch with market. Discussions were either very bland or listening to someone brag.

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA.

Phone interview followed by face to face interview with a panel of 5 people - MD, Directors, Senior Manager and Manager. More of a fit interview than a technical or skills interview.

None

Tax Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at BDO USA.

Gave them my resume at campus career fair. Followed up and earned an on campus interview. Interviewed with 1 tax manager. Asked me a few basic questions, nothing caught me off guard. Talked about himself and the company most of the time, which was both informative and a little relieving. In fact, I thought I had a bad interview because I barely got to "sell myself" to him and the firm. But, a couple days later they made me a generous offer.

Did not bother even trying to negotiate, the offer was very generous.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Applied through college. The interviewer did not ask any technical questions. Mostly about you, why you want to join BDO, how do you see yourself in 5 years. Just be yourself and relax

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, behavioral questions. No hard questions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

I applied through a campus career office and got scheduled an interview. The night before the interview there was a dinner that BDO took all the scheduled interviewees to. The setting was relaxed and there was no push to really socialize, really just an event to make us relax and meet the 1 or 2 associates that are at your table. Standard campus interview of 30 min, the first question threw me off and got me nervous, effected the rest of my interview negatively. Its been over a week but no reply as to whats happening with my recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • started with "tell me more about yourself" then straight onto "how many pc's are there in the US"   Answer Question

BDO USA Response

Nov 11, 2014CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER

We would like to see you receive a more timely reaction to your interview and I have to agree the PC trivia question is a surprising one and not so helpful in determining the best candidates to join ... More

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in November 2014.

I submitted my resume through a career fair on campus. In general there were two official rounds of interview. After the resume screening, I was chosen for an on campus interview which last about 30-45 minutes with a director of assurance; the atmosphere was relaxing, mostly conversational;
    I got an email within a week to learn that I was invited to an office interview. The evening before the office interview, I went to a pre-interview dinner at a local restaurant where I met up with 10+ other candidates and BDO staff. It was very informal just to get to know the firm.
    In house interview consisted of 3 interviews back to back with 2 Managers and 1 partner. They started with introducing themselves and asked questions about me, my experience and some behavioral questions like tell me how you deal with difficult person, how do you work in a team.. etc. No technical questions. They didn't give me any updates so after two weeks I tried to follow up and got an automated email (with some mistyping) saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question