BDO USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assurance Senior Associate Interview

Assurance Senior Associate
Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was very seamless. They made concessions for me, and it made me feel very wanted. I was able to meet with several people within the firm, both executives and lower level employees. It was the best experience I had with the firms.

Interview Question – No questions come to mind that were intentionally difficult.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2012.

Interview Details It started with a phone interview. I was then chosen for an on-site interview. I had to interview with five different people for thirty minutes each. All interviewers were top management, plus two partners.

When I got to the office, we were told dinner was cancelled because the staff was trying to meet a deadline.

You get really hungry after interviewing with five people.

From there I had to wait around three weeks before I got a decision.

Interview Question – What type of training did you have at your last internship; did your learning style fit with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for internships.

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BDO USA in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online through campus Career Services website. On campus interview was a 1-on-1 interview with a person from the firm. He was very easy to talk to. Interview was conversational.

Interview Question – If I can only remember one thing about you, what would it be?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2011.

Interview Details The interview process entailed a campus interview in which I met with a senior employee for a half hour. I was then asked back to complete a second interview within the Chicago office. The interview is very standard and the people within the office are very easy-going. Although I did not receive an offer within the position I originally applied for, I did receive an offer for an internship within a related area that I really enjoyed. I would definitely suggest working for this firm if an opportunity arises.

Interview Question – Name a time when you have dealt with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2012.

Interview Details Campus interview. After the first quick interview got invited to the second at the company. Standard questions. At the office location met with three people. 30 minutes interview with each of them. After the process younger employees took all interviewees to lunch, which I suspect was also part of the interview. No unexpected questions, all three mini interviews were basically a conversation.

Tax Senior Manager Interview

Tax Senior Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in May 2011.

Interview Details Brought in to meet with 4-5 partners. Much of the conversation focused on previous experience. One partner asked me what kind of work I was doing. That was his only question, he got up and said "I just wanted to hear you speak" and left the room.

Interview Question – How do you explain economic effect (a technical question). Very unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Most places work the same way. They want to know how much compensation you make so they can give you an increase sufficient for you to change firms. This was no exception. No advice.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details People were very kind and nice. I really enjoyed the whole process. Definitly apply for the internship. I really like it a lot. BDO is great and you should try to work for them.

Interview Question – What is your gratest weakness?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at BDO USA in December 2012.

Interview Details Sent my resume through the BDO Career website and received a call one week after for a phone interview with the Recruiter Manager. Phone interview lasted around 20 minutes and was basically asking questions about my overall experience in tax. The recruiter focused in questioning the gaps of my resume.

Interview Questions

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details Submitted resume internally got a call from HR the same day asking for me to come for a interview at 8am. After interviewing with 2 partners had to come back for a second two days later at 8am again with another partner. Acouple hours later HR called and gave an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected just general conversation. Why tax? Future goals?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation good offer

Staff Interview

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details Very professional and overall a good experience.

Interview Question – Do you want my job?   Answer Question