BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated 7 Apr 2015

2.7

Interview for Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA (Waltham, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

There are 2 rounds. The first round is on campus. In contrast to Big 4, the first round is focus on your skill/everything on your resume but not behavioral questions. Knowing your objectives and reasons to choose the field you want to work for are must-prepared answers.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (Spokane, WA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting system. Got a first round interview. Very easy interview; the partner just sat back and chatted informally about what the atmosphere at his office was like. He wasn't overly receptive to good questions or any of that; it was mainly just a one-way monologue about his office. Told me they would get back to us by the end of the following week. Never happened; they just left me hanging and did their second rounds and made their offers. I thought that was very discourteous, especially after he personally assured me they would let me know one way or the other.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

Interview

I had an initial interview on campus with one of the partners. The interview was very casual and conversational, it lasted about thirty minutes. I heard back for second round three days later. I went into the office for the second round the following week where I was interviewed by two other partners from the firm.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

Interview

I did the career fair at my school. Then received on campus interviews for the next week. It was straight forward just went over the resume nothing too unexpected. I asked questions it went well and was welcomed back for a second round of interviews with partners.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA (Detroit, MI (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a campus interview and then an office visit with 3 interviews. Prepare lots of questions. They didn't really ask any hard questions, it was basically just a conversation.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied via career website of my university by submitting resume, and also applying via their website. I was selected for the on-campus interview. After that, I received a message within a week that I was invited for an office interview. There were three interviews with partner and managers back-to-back, all one-on-one. It sounds like nerve-taking but the flow of the conversation was smooth, and it was more like walk-through with my resume, my past experiences, my strengths and weaknesses, and my goals etc. There was a lunch session with the audit associates after interviews, which was more relaxed and friendly. I got the verbal confirmation within three hours after all these were done.

Interview Questions

• "What are your weaknesses?" was the most difficult but not so unexpected question. I would recommend everyone to be prepared to answer this question before any interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy, because they had pre-set standards on what pay and perks you get at an associate level. They tell you everything and it's like take-it-or-not situation. I am happy because I got what I expected.

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter. Flew out for interview (my own expense). Interview with 2 partners. Very laid back interview. The partners were great. I really enjoyed the process.

Negotiation

How much do you want? They gave me more than the highest amount I wanted.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I applied through our college career center and heard back within a couple week. Next I had an on campus interview with the partner

Interview Questions

• Most questions were easy and expected questions. Mainly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Initial Phone interview, followed by face-to-face interviews with 5 people. Was told it would be individual interviews, but they decided to do a group interview, which worked out well in the end.

Entryl Level Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in September 2014.

Interview

Very casual interview. He just asked me to go over my resume and he talked about tax and what I would get into if I were to work at BDO. He said I was calm and confident and that I would go very far in public accounting. Seems like a very nice work environment.