BDO USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Senior Tax Associate
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BDO USA in September 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted directly through LinkedIn by a recruiter for a position in their Int'l Tax department. Phone interview with recruiter and in-person interview with the Senior Manager & Partner

Interview Question – Some technical questions, mostly trying to see if we could work with each other 60+ hours a week.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – BDO insisted they had workplace flexibility, "We're not like other Big 4" type - when it came down to it, it was mandatory 60+ hour workweeks, Saturday & Sunday, etc. Thankfully the manager was honest and told me this during the interview. I think long hours are expected in public accounting but the firm made themselves out to be something they weren't, all the way through until the interview.

Auditor Interview

Auditor

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details Incompetent senior manager

Interview Question – Hate to work for someone like that.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in September 2013.

Interview Details Consisted of one interview with multiple partners.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in August 2013.

Interview Details BDO, offered me an internship after a few rounds of interviews. I met with an HR representative on my campus and was later offered an opportunity at their New York Office. During the office interview I spoke with two different managers who told me a lot about their on experiences at the firm.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked many difficult questions. Just a normal scanning through of my resume for clarification.   Answer Question

Junior Audit Interview

Junior Audit
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BDO USA in June 2013.

Interview Details Very tough interview. I didnt pass it even though I had a friend who recommended me. Ended up talking to 4 people- around 40 minutes with each person. They were telling me they train and were nice and friendly, but in the end- never hired me- For entry level! I am a very determined and smart person. Basically, I had a feeling they were either looking for super genius people or it was all just pretentious. I dont think that they strive for diversity.

Interview Question – Please name the main three reasons businesses fail   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA in April 2013.

Interview Details Interviewed on campus with recruiter. Asked basic behavioral questions. Tell me about yourself.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details Two interviews and lunch

Interview Question – None. The interview process was pretty easy.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in July 2009.

Interview Details It was an overall good experience. They asked pretty standard questions and were quite nice during the whole process.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of one.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details This interview process was long. I was contacted by a recruiter by phone, then had another phone call from the director in the area. After the second phone call, I had an in office interview with an associate and manager, then four more phone calls by various team members.

Interview Question – not too many of these, basic questions in the field. there were a lot of questions regarding my personality and character.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – got two offers at once, this one and one from emblemhealth. i contacted bdo's hr and the lady told me to wait for a number to come in. it came in, it was much higher than my original offer. thanks bdo!

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Troy, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in August 2011.

Interview Details There is a maximum of two interview. There is a phone interview and an office interview. The office interview will consist of two to three interviews. Management is looking for software experience and the ability to work with office systems.

Interview Question – What technical topic would you plan to improve for the coming year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a chump and accepted outright.