BDO USA

Updated 18 Sep 2014
Updated 18 Sep 2014

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in September 2013.

Consisted of one interview with multiple partners.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BDO USA in September 2013.

I was contacted directly through LinkedIn by a recruiter for a position in their Int'l Tax department. Phone interview with recruiter and in-person interview with the Senior Manager & Partner

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions, mostly trying to see if we could work with each other 60+ hours a week.   Answer Question

BDO insisted they had workplace flexibility, "We're not like other Big 4" type - when it came down to it, it was mandatory 60+ hour workweeks, Saturday & Sunday, etc. Thankfully the manager was honest and told me this during the interview. I think long hours are expected in public accounting but the firm made themselves out to be something they weren't, all the way through until the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in August 2013.

BDO, offered me an internship after a few rounds of interviews. I met with an HR representative on my campus and was later offered an opportunity at their New York Office. During the office interview I spoke with two different managers who told me a lot about their on experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked many difficult questions. Just a normal scanning through of my resume for clarification.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA.

Two interviews and lunch

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

This interview process was long. I was contacted by a recruiter by phone, then had another phone call from the director in the area. After the second phone call, I had an in office interview with an associate and manager, then four more phone calls by various team members.

Interview Questions
    • not too many of these, basic questions in the field. there were a lot of questions regarding my personality and character.   Answer Question
    got two offers at once, this one and one from emblemhealth. i contacted bdo's hr and the lady told me to wait for a number to come in. it came in, it was much higher than my original offer. thanks bdo!

Junior Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at BDO USA in June 2013.

Very tough interview. I didnt pass it even though I had a friend who recommended me. Ended up talking to 4 people- around 40 minutes with each person. They were telling me they train and were nice and friendly, but in the end- never hired me- For entry level! I am a very determined and smart person. Basically, I had a feeling they were either looking for super genius people or it was all just pretentious. I dont think that they strive for diversity.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BDO USA.

Very simple on campus interview, just behavioral stuff. Next in the office where a manager, senior manager and a partner interview you separately. Nothing new, no accounting competence questions, open ended stuff. They just want to make sure you can communicate effectively. Bethesda is one of their bigger offices so they do higher around 12 interns.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA in April 2013.

Interviewed on campus with recruiter. Asked basic behavioral questions. Tell me about yourself.

Assurance Intern Interview

Did not ask me a single question besides tell me about yourself for the first round interview. Spent the entire 30 minutes talking about the benefits of BDO over a Big 4 firm. Come with questions prepared to ask too.

Assurance Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

The hiring and interview process was very seamless. They made concessions for me, and it made me feel very wanted. I was able to meet with several people within the firm, both executives and lower level employees. It was the best experience I had with the firms.

Interview Questions
    • No questions come to mind that were intentionally difficult.   Answer Question