BHP Billiton

2.9

Dry Bulk Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Standard Phone, 1:1, panel interview progression.

Firm but friendly interviewers, mix of cultural fit and technical questions

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather fight a horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?   View Answer

Pay

Land Graduate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Initial career fair and met with a couple representatives from BHP land group then applied for an interview through my university's career office. The night before the interview they took all the interview candidates to a nice dinner. The first interview was 2:1 and maybe asked one behavioral question, but the rest was relaxed conversation about my previous experience, etc. Six days later I received an invitation to fly to Houston for second round interviews. The interview was 3:1 and was still relaxed, but this time I was asked more behavioral questions. This interview lasted about 45 minutes. A week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you overcame adversity.
      What is your biggest accomplishment?
      When achieving (your biggest accomplishment) what was the low point?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?

Answer Question
    Offer was very good so I did not negotiate

PC1 Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

I applied online and after a month they contacted me via email. After couple of weeks I got a call for a face to face interview. It was very informal. They asked normal behavior question and walk down in the plant.

only offer i got

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Phone screening, 2 to one with Senior manager and Vice President of department. Asked for background, experience, gave details of role, standard questions "give us an example of..." "Tell us a situation where". Asked about knowledge of the company.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know the businesses in the company, as it is a huge company recommend doing research on all of the arms.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and got what i wanted after standing my ground on Salary.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton in October 2014.

The process was very lengthy and difficult. It involved taking several online tests (math, english,personality, etc.) a phone interview, and finally an invitation to an assessment centre which consisted of a face-to-face interview and two group activities: one in english and one in the national language.
    The phone interview was very straightforward: What was my interest in the company, what were my work motivations, where did I see myself in three years, etc.
    The face-to-face interview was mostly behavioral questions: Tell me a situation in which you had to prioritize something important to you. Tell me about a situation you dealt with you felt was unsafe, etc.
    The group activities were very standard, we worked in groups of six. They gave us ten minutes to read a document then another 20 to find a suitable solution as a group, and give a presentation. The solution itself wasn't too important, they mostly cared about how we worked together.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all very standard. The behavioral questions caught me slightly off guard.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at BHP Billiton in October 2014.

Responded to Online advert, then phone interview.
    Interview structure is based around core values. "One of our values is 'xyz', give an example of when you have demonstrated this behaviour." Went through all of the values then asked a technical question. "Lets say you saw your plant behaving like 'abc', what would you look at and how would you respond?"

Interview Questions
    • The questions about the values. Luckily I had prepared but it would be challenging if you hadn't   Answer Question

Term was too short.

Petrophysicist Interview

interviewed at BHP Billiton in September 2014.

Got the interview call via on-campus recruitment. Their HR contacted me by mail and there was a pre-interview dinner. The first round was behavioural and mostly about my research experience

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your advisor, what would he/she say was your biggest strength and biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Data Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Was recruited through an employment company on contract basis. Interview process was limited because they wanted my expertise. Phone interview firstly then a 1:1 interview with the HR manager. Job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What can I bring to the company long term.   View Answer
    Accepted the job on their base offer.

Senior Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview about code of conduct and behavioural based questions, give examples in the star basis, situation, task, action, result. Process takes around an hour, research the BHP code of conduct and you will find it easy.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

2 interviews . one by phone and the last one through video conference. However, this was before many of the changes in processes at the company. Then i had to go through a personality test where you draw cards and you have to put them in different stacks. This is is to understand how you think.