BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and the next day got a call to set up an interview for two days later. I was interviewed by an assistant manager who was very nonchalant and relaxed, he asked about the hours I would be able to work and my previous work experience. The interview lasted about five minutes and then he set me up for a second interview for the following day. In the second interview I was interviewed by the manager who was very nice and also relaxed. The interview also lasted about five minutes and he just asked questions about my personality. I was hired on the spot and asked to come in the following day to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to deal with a rude person, and what was the end result.   Answer Question
    • If a coworker isn't performing their job as their supposed too, what do you think should be done?   Answer Question

Host and Serving Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Sacramento, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Really laid back and comfortable. I was interviewed by a manager, the Assistant general manager and then finally I met the General manager. I enjoyed the entire process because it was stress free with a nice atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of you using team work?   1 Answer

Host/Takeout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Hurst, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took about 6 days to get a call back for an interview. Had 2 interviews and applied for Hostess and takeout.
    I got rescheduled from original appointment time and when i got there, I had to wait 20 minutes. The 1st interview was a hiring manager that lasted less than 10 minutes and she basically assured me that I had a job for being a hostess. This manager asked me to come the next day for a interview with the GM. Came back the next day and the GM was very rude. He even left the table to speak with other employees 3 TIMES. He would forget what we were speaking about and then informed that they hired a lot of hostess and maybe I should consider another position inside the restaurant. He basically devalued me and said I was possibly going to be best for a busser or a prep cook. Even with my previous job experience. I declined his offer for being any of those positions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a host? Why do you want to work at BJ's? Whats the best value can add you into this company? Can you work Sundays? Can you tell me something about yourself?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cerritos, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is mainly about your previous restaurant work experience if any. your customer service skills and ability to work with a big team. Weekends are almost necessary to be available to work since it is the busiest time of the week. be a multi tasker and the ability to communicate with many personalities. you will have 2-3 interviews so multiple managers can have a taste of the type of person you are before officially hired

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had an issue with a guest and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

The interview was relatively quick and painless. Just a few questions. It was more about meeting and feeling your presence and if it is friendly enough to match the restaurant's desired brand image. And showing up on time is crucial!

Interview Questions

• Not many tricky questions as I remember. It is very straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was 3 days long in one week. Each interview was about 15 minutes long. It was clear that if you advance to the next interview, the manager liked you. And you weren't hire on the spot after the third interview. You had to wait to call you the next day to see if they wanted you.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult costumer and how did you make them happy.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 weeks later I got a call back for an interview a few days later. Got there and I had to wait 20 minutes until the manager (was a completely different one from the one I spoke to on the phone) finally came over and brought me to a booth. Its not like they were that busy and they had plenty of people working, so I don't know what the holdup was. The interview lasted less than five minutes and I could barely understand what he was saying. He said that if they're going to hire me they'll call me the next day and if they don't then I didn't get the job. Never got called back, the least they could do though was just tell me right there that they weren't going to hire me.

Delivery/Takeout Interview

Interview

The interview and hiring process was fairly quick. This particular location holds open interviews every Monday and Tuesday from 2 to 4pm. I went in on Monday and had an interview, we set one up for Tuesday, and my last one was with the GM on a Thursday. He offered me the position on the spot. The following day, which was a Friday, I had orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I have no experience in the food service industry, plus making tips, there was no negotiations.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Laurel, MD (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through two interviews. One with a corporate manager and then with the General Manager. The interview was basically a conversation. They are trying to feel out your personality.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

applied online, took a week or two to have them get back to me. hiring manager was nice, and the interview process was not intimidating. lasted for about 20 minutes. he was straight forward and i got hired immediately

Interview Questions

• not difficult, but the question "Why do you want to work here" can be sometimes difficult   Answer Question