BKD Interview Questions

Updated 18 Sep 2014
Updated 18 Sep 2014

2.7

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BKD.

Phone interviews and then an office visit. The phone interviews were a get to know you kind of thing while the office visit consisted of meeting with a handful of partners and then going out to lunch with a couple of associates.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview was a typical interview. Interview was obtained through college recruiter. Interview was in-office with multiple partner-managers and also tour of the office was given. Interview lasted for 3-6 hours. Lunch was provided at the interview. Initial interview was with campus recruiter during career recruiting time at college campus.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in April 2014.

Interview process took about 2 weeks. Had a phone interview and an in person interview with 3 senior/managing consultants. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Began with a group presentation followed by one-on-one interviews. There were three of us interviewing for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral interview questions. Not too difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Loan Review Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BKD.

Got an interview through applying on their website plus a family member referral. I had a great time talking three of their employees about the position. I gained a lot of knowledge about the position and what goes on with day to day operations.

Interview Questions
    • They asked multiple times if travel would be an issue.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

Several mixers, first round interview on campus (very conversational and get-to-know-you), office interview (put you in a hotel, wine and dine). Toured the office, mixed with staff, and interviewed with a partner and senior manager. Very conversational, no tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer about your goals and aspirations (both in public accounting and work life)   Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry-level job

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD.

Campus Interview- very short, informal.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me a lot of behavioral questions, just about school and whether I was interested in audit or tax.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Was invited into an office interview, in which 46 other candidates were brought in. Each of us had interviews with 3 people, at the senior/manager or director level. Associates took us to lunch. Afterwards, they gave a presentation explaining their benefits package and their future, and that was all.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were generally conversational, and did not really contain any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrillville, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD.

Average interview process

Non-negociable

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD.

On campus interview followed by overnight office visit. I believe they stopped providing dinner and lodging to candidates during my time there to save money. Standard office interview except for an odd personality test, followed by lunch, then a manila envelope from a partner with the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Just general small-talk. For the most part they know who they want by this point.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BKD.

Recruiting is typically completed through an on campus interviewing process and then a second round of interviews at the office to which you'll be assigned. The initial interviews are very laid back and the recruiter is very knowledgeable and extremely down to earth. They do not employees the "STAR" process (ie. Tell me a time when...} but the questions are more aimed at who you are and if you'll be a good fit with the firm. They are very aware that training for audit is on the job and not just something you learn in college. If you are successful with the first round of interviews, you will be asked to come for an office visit. Nearly everyone who is invited for an office visit will be extended an offer, unless you rub the partners the wrong way. You will meet with three partners or senior managers the day of the office visit. Indianapolis the officer visit is a great experience. They ask you to come into town the afternoon on the day before your interviews, there will be an event (typically a private tour of Lucas Oil Stadium) and then a dinner with many of the partners from the office. After dinner the staff and seniors will take you out for another event, typically something fun with drinks. The next day is interview day and if you get an offer, it will be in your hand before you leave for the day. If I remember correctly there is personality test as well at one of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They don't focus on technical expertise type questions or as noted above on STAR questions. Much of the focus is on your resume, so be sure it is in top form. This is a firm that wants to utilize your past experiences and involvements to determine what kind of employee you will be.   Answer Question
    This is your first job so there is little negotiation. Top recruit will get a signing bonus which they call a "education bonus".

Worked for BKD? Contribute to the Community!