BP

Updated 16 Nov 2014
Updated 16 Nov 2014

3.2

Finance Interview

Telephone interview asked for many examples of Capacity, Achievements and Relationships, using examples from your daily life. It was a bit awkward in my case as the conversation didn't feel like it flowed so there were some awkward silences and also my phone cut off near the beginning which put me off too.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time where you successfully convinced someone of your point of view?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2014.

I applied online, it took about a week for a response.
    I got called in for an interview where I was asked basic questions about my aspirations,
    experience, education. Pretty much a get-to-know-you informal interview. Managers were very friendly and helpful with any questions asked. It was pretty straightforward.
    Afterwards I was given a test paper which took me about 10 mins to complete, and I was told they'd get back to me after a few days.

I got the call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your aspirations?
      Where do you see yourself in the long term.
      What sort of experience have you got?
      How would people describe you?
        Answer Question
    Just filled in more paperwork. Just be honest, and friendly. It's what they'll expect you to show towards customers.

Process Engineer Interview

There was a number of stages which had to be completed however BP was very efficient in the way that these were carried out. From receiving an invitation for online tests to receiving an offer only took two weeks. Overall I would say it was the best recruiting experience I have had thus far.

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Online Tests- Maths and English
    Telephone Interview - Company core competencies, how do you manage your time? What tools do you use?
    Face-To-Face Interview - Research the company and topic area, held in Aberdeen all expenses paid
    Assessment Centre - Be yourself, individual test on a case study and two group case studies.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me where the pressures, high and low, would be on this pipeline   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in May 2014.

Applied online and got a reply 2 weeks later asking for me to come in for an interview. I went in and spent maybe 30 mins filling out some paperwork and also received a small test paper. After this i had maybe a 10-15 minute interview/chat with the hiring manager where they asked me some basic questions + "what would i do if" stuff. They were very good with answering any questions i had and explained in lots of detail. After the interview i was told they'd get back to me that very afternoon, 2 hours later they phoned to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult, asked the usual questions "Tell me about yourself?", "Why did you apply for this company?" also asked some questions regarding what i'd do in certain situations, For example a customer complains about a product, someone holds a gun up to you, a staff member doing something unsafe.   Answer Question

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunbury, England

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

Applied online, followed by online tests, telephone interview and a technical interview at their Sunbury office. The process is quick.
    For telephone interview, basic competency questions.
    For technical interview, two case studies, testing basic knowledge.

Senior PSCM Specialist Interview

Long and extensive interview that took place face to face with two mangers and detailed questions were asked about all the previous job experience. Practical examples from previous experience to demonstrate competency were asked.

Graduate Scheme-HR Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

online application-phone interview-technical interview-assessment centre. I received the phone interview in feb. 2014. The lady is quite easy going and the interview consisted of 2 parts. The first part is quite general, like your career goal, why BP, why HR. The second part was competencies based interview, asked examples about your team work, etc. and I was required to describe it in details.

Sales & Integrated Trading Spring Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in March 2014.

After filling out the application form I was contacted for a final round telephone interview. Most of the questions on the online application seemed generic and not company specific although they did have one question related to their 5 core values (you had to give an example of atleast one situation when you've used/applied one or more of these values in everyday life).

Geoscience Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BP.

Completed standard application and online tests. Telephone interview was straight forward, followed by a technical interview in Aberdeen. Had assessment centre 2 weeks later, which was very challenging but overall a valuable experience. This involved both individual and group exercises.