Babies "R" Us

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.1

I applied online – interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

I had a group interview with seven other candidates. We were given the opportunity to grab a few items from the store to "sell" to the other candidates and the interviewing managers. We also broke off into two groups and built a toy to "sell" out of Mega Blocks. It was my first group interview and it was pretty cool. After that, four of us went on to have an individual interview with the store manager, which was super easy and laid back. I was offered the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Babies "R" Us in February 2015.

Nothing really to it, they asked me a few basic questions, she had me wait in the room for a second interview. The next woman came in and asked me again, the same basic questions, and offered me a job. It was rather easy to get a job there to be honest.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick a superpower, what would it be and why?
      Tell me about your past work experience.

Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Simple group interview..basic questions. Tested for team skills. Had to get a item off the sales floor and sell it to the interviewers. After the group interview we branched off into single interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if there is a spill on the floor a customer wants help and you are being called to your register all the same time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

BOH Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Babies "R" Us in December 2014.

Upon Completion of the Online Application I was contacted by HR with preliminary questions about availability. I was then asked if I would be able to come in for a group interview a few days later as that was the first available from the day I was originally contacted. The group interview consisted of 6 potential hires and the store manager and a department supervisor. The atmosphere of the group session was really laid back and offered a real comfortable experience. The first order of business was to introduce ourselves and give a brief summary of past work history and a little bit about ourselves (Favorite Toy). After each of us at the table had our turn we broke off in to 2 teams and was instructed to choose a toy on the table and come up with a infomercial trying to highlight its qualities, and why people should purchase the item. I felt like this was a valuable activity because it gave us a chance to build team bonding skills and commextions valuable to succeed in the store environment. When the group session was completed we broke off into our 1-on-1 interviews first with the department supervisors of the department in which we would be potentially placed, and then the store manager. Overall I would rate the experience as being personable and welcoming.

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Babies "R" Us in December 2014.

For the interview, you are in a group interview, with about 4 people total. It is very fun, you do an introduction to get to know each other, and two group activities. After the group activities you all meet with the managers individually.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were straightforward. They were not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Babies "R" Us.

To long and what they told me didnt match what happened. It was 4 phone interviews. They all told me the store was broken. Ifelt confident about this company until I walked in the door.

there wasnt one.

I applied online – interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Group Interview with HR and Manager was taken to the break room asked to work as a team to build a toy out of legos and describe/sell the toy to the manager. We had to individually choose a product to sell to the manager who pretended to be going to a baby shower and was unsure of what to buy. We had to share what our favorite childhood toy was and charade our favorite cartoon character. Then we were individually interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions such as what was the hardest thing you had to overcome how did you overcome it, how do you handle a demanding boss, rank a situation in order of importance, why do you think you'd be a good fit for the comapany   View Answer
    No negotiation

Overnight Stock Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Babies "R" Us in October 2014.

Applied online and received a phone call about a group interview a couple days later. At the start eight of us sat in a room and introduced their selves which included your name and why you wanted the job. After that they asked everyone to name one toy they played with as a kid then they gave out papers so sign and we left the room waiting to be called back for 1 on 1 interview. Interview included them asking basic requirements of the job and some average interview questions. The manager just read all the questions off a sheet of paper didn't seem like he really cared on the answer. Afterwords they said they would call in 2-3 days but didn't hear back until the next week and it was by email not phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions. "What was a difficult situation you encounter in your last job and how did you handle it"   Answer Question

Team Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Babies "R" Us in September 2014.

The questions were simple, it was very fast and easy. Everyone was very friendly and hr even I introduced me to every worker we passed while going to the i interview room.

Interview Questions

I declined because I was moving.

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Babies "R" Us.

I had to call them after a few weeks because no one called me back, yet they called back a friend of mine who applied a week or two before me. They gave me an interview date over the phone that was about a week after the phone call and the next day they told me I got the job. No drug test was done.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you faced a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Starting wage at my PA store was $7.75 which wasn't bad because I only worked $7.25 jobs before.