Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in May 2014.

Interview

I filled in an online application for a stylist position and then heard back from them after 4/5 weeks for a sales associate role because they didn't have a stylist role available anymore. The guy on the phone asked me a few questions: Tell me a little about yourself? why banana republic? Just standard questions and then invited me to an assessment day the next day. There were only 7 of us all together, not including the manager who was assessing us, so it was really relaxed. They other candidates were friendly and easy to talk to. We were all applying for different job role, so we got paired up and were told to pick an outfit for a celebrity who we thought represents the brand. Then we had to present the outfit to the group and explain why we chose the items. After this the manager asked us we had any questions and that was it. Really simple process, was quick and easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online on their corporate website. I received a call asking to come in for an interview. It was very casual. We spoke outside the store for about 15 min. I was asked basic questions about my previous employment and why I want the job. I got a call the next day and they offered me the job. I accepted the position.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victor, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (Victor, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy going. My interviewer, who is also one of the store leaders, asked about my previous experience, my availability and why I applied to Banana Republic. The particular store I applied to in Victor, NY believes in the brand and looks for potential hires who can buy into the company culture. I arrived early to look at the merchandise because expected to have to select an outfit based on the feedback on glassdoor but I didn't have to any of that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I found out everyone hired was given the same rate ($8.85) which goes up to $10 (Gap Inc. minimum wage) after 6-month apprenticeship period ends.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Interview

Was a group interview. This surprised me as I was not told that it would be a group one, so I was slightly off guard. Basic questions. Laid back. Two parts: question component, and role-playing where manager pretended to be a customer and you had to help select an outfit.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Banana Republic?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose to work at this store over any others?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were assigned a task/project with very little time to complete it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped someone.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the situation where it was really busy, and there were many customers looking for your help at the same time?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later asking to come in for a group interview. The interview was very casual and relaxed and the hiring manager was very friendly. She had us do a couple exercises selling products and folding clothes.

Interview Questions

• What is a decision you had to make recently?
      Why Banana Republic?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I was a transfer from another store. First I had a phone Interview with GM, in person interview with another GM and in person interview with district mgr. The process was professional and took about 3 wks overall and all follow ups from employee were as promised.

Interview Questions

• As a service leader how would you motivate your team during slow/down time?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Applied online and went in for interview, dressed up business professional, talked about my background, and duties of position. It was a relaxed atmosphere and the HR manager was very friendly.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I brought in my resume in person. The manager looked it over, took down my availability, and told me to apply online. I was called 4 days later asking if I could come in for a group interview. I went to the group interview (there were 3 of us) and had a great time. The manager mostly wanted to get to know us, rather than ask us typical interview questions. The last portion of the interview was where we had to put together an outfit. We had to be able to describe the kind of woman that would wear this outfit, where she works, and where she is going while wearing this outfit.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic (Charlotte, NC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied a few times before but didn't get a call back until the last time i applied about three weeks later. Went in for the interview. the assistant manager was very nice. the process was not that long but not short either. She asked me basic questions about times that i have experienced certain situations and how i handled it. At the end of the interview she asked me to go to the floor and pick out an outfit that she would wear for a first date.

Interview Questions

• When there was a problem how did you produce a resolution?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Interview

I received a call about a week after applying online to come in for an interview. The Interview was intended to be a group interview between 3 of us, but I was the only one who showed up so it turned out to be one on one. It was fairly short, maybe about 20 minutes, and just standard Interview Questions such as tell me about yourself, why Banana Republic, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your style inspiration from?   1 Answer