Banana Republic

Updated 3 Nov 2014
Updated 3 Nov 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in May 2014.

I filled in an online application for a stylist position and then heard back from them after 4/5 weeks for a sales associate role because they didn't have a stylist role available anymore. The guy on the phone asked me a few questions: Tell me a little about yourself? why banana republic? Just standard questions and then invited me to an assessment day the next day. There were only 7 of us all together, not including the manager who was assessing us, so it was really relaxed. They other candidates were friendly and easy to talk to. We were all applying for different job role, so we got paired up and were told to pick an outfit for a celebrity who we thought represents the brand. Then we had to present the outfit to the group and explain why we chose the items. After this the manager asked us we had any questions and that was it. Really simple process, was quick and easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Lakes, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Lakes, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

group interviews , easy quick hiring process because it was a new store opening..they give no HOURS!!!! when its not in the season..easy questions, gave everyone an oppurtunity to answer if the wanted to..

Interview Questions
    • easy questions, gave everyone an oppurtunity to answer if the wanted to.   Answer Question
    asked if 8.50 was ok....but after working for 6 months the company changed all there workers to 9.00

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic.

I called the store I wanted to work at and they said they were hiring so I applied online. After that about three days later I got a call back and they scheduled an interview. They had a 1:1 interview and also asked me to make two outfits: date night and work outfit.

Interview Questions
    Called me and asked if $9.25 was okay.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic.

I applied online. Almost 2 weeks later, I was invited to a group interview. Everyone was asked very general behavioral and background questions, including availability, what style means to you, and why Banana Republic. Then, a one on one interview followed 2 days later. Very simliar questions, only with a different store manager this time. Offer and acceptance over next two days (~ 3 week process). Extremely friendly interviewers and comfortable, outside interview environment.

Interview Questions
    • What piece of clothing most represents you and your style? Why? How would you sell that piece of clothing?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable salary. I did politely ask once offered the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic.

I walked in my very first time into a Banana Republic and was greeted by one of the managers. I asked if they were hiring and she gave me a piece of paper on how to apply. I got an email like a day or two later asking if i was would like to come by on Monday for an interview. Once Monday rolled around and I was waiting for the interview to start we were told to look around the store (We had to wait for everyone to get there.) We then went down stairs and sat at a table. There was 3 others plus myself in the group interview. The manager didn't bring any paperwork to write down and the interview was very informal and more like a group conversation. I was not expecting that at all and it was very laid back and it didn't make me nervous. I then got a call a day or two later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up with the latest fashion and trends?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Easy group interview with manager Julie Arellano, very friendly lady. There were 4 others . Asked easy questions about experience. And we were asked to put together an outfit. It was fun.

Interview Questions
    • Be willing to give the answers they want to hear. Do not seem uninterested   Answer Question

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2014.

Very friendly and relaxed interview. Group interview with two other candidates. Manager discussed the company values and the store itself. Was asked to talk about myself and asked "Why Banana Republoc?"

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for salary which is kind of upsetting considering the offer is pretty low. Beggars can't be choosers though.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in October 2014.

Received a call and asked me questions about my application. Asked about my hours and explained what i wanted and when i was available. Then asked if I could come in for an interview. The interview was ok but person was rude.

Interview Questions

pay too low and received a better offer elsewhere

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic in October 2014.

Applied on a Thursday morning and later that day I got a call that afternoon from the manager to set up an interview. The following Tuesday I came to the store to meet with the manager. The interview itself was very quick. She let me know about the company and the kind of people she was looking for. We talked about availability and who I'd be working with.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult but the one that stood out was: What does Joy mean to you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I wanted a certain rate but because it was seasonal that wasn't possible.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic in October 2014.

I submitted my application online and received a call to set up an interview about 5 days later. The manager was really professional when he called. He thanked me for my application and asked me to come in two days later for an interview. He let me know just to come dressed in business casual and to come prepared for a group or solo interview, depending on how many other applicants were available at the time. At the time of the interview the manager sat down with me and the 2 other applicants in the break room and led us in a very conversational group interview, but made clear the goals of the store and the type of approach they appreciated from their team - professional, creative, helpful, accountable, goal-oriented, and teachable. He called 2 days later to congratulate me and offer me the job. The manager was very professional from start to finish. I look forward to working with him.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were clear and expected. He asked why we'd applied to Banana Republic, what example of good customer service we share from experience and how we'd handled a difficult situation in the past, if we considered ourselves goal-oriented and how we strove to reach a goal in the past, what the role of accountability was like in the work environment, and then he gave us each a fake client profile to go put together an outfit for.   Answer Question
    He offered one hourly rate and because it was lower than I requested or expected, I asked if I could think about it and speak with my husband. He said they'd really love to have me and offered slightly higher, which he explained was the cap for seasonal employees in the region. I called him back a few hours later to accept. I'd recommend being honest about what will and won't work for you.