Bank of America Banking Center Manager Interview Questions

Updated 25 Aug 2014

2.8

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

From reading other people's experience mine was very unique. I am a veteran from the military as well so that may be the reason why. Here is my experience. I applied online and was contacted by a military veteran recruiter via email. I was sent links to conduct 2 different scenario based simulations. From there I was conducted again via email by the same recruiter. I had a telephone interview first. I then was scheduled a phone interview with the area manager and after that the final interview was with the area executive. Each interview was one on one and via telephone. I was finally contacted and offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • My biggest advice is to ensure that discuss how you are able to coach and lead teams successfully. Ensure you are customer focused and able to relate real life experiences. Sales experience is huge, even if you do not have retail sales, there are other areas that people gain selling experience that can relate - like pitching new ideas.   Answer Question
There was really no negotiation, they offered exactly what I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Banking Center Manager Interview

Very detailed, open ended questions, interactive, goals, customer service and engagement. How goals were achieved, how effective are you in overcoming objections.
    Behavioral questions were asked. All these questions are asked during interview with Consumer Market Management, but previous to that the recruiter would interview.

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Most often hired from within, so market leadership has a strong idea of candidates abilities and experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Skills practice or role playing scenarios should be expected at every phase of the interview process.   Answer Question
    Not a lot of room for negotiation, but there will be a small window so ask ($2,000-5,000)

Banking Center Manager Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter, if you are what the recruiter is looking for he sends you a link for an assessment which has about 200 questions. After completing online assessment you then move on to interview with the Market Manager which will involve the Regional Manager popping in to ask a couple of questions.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was a little tricky because they didn't want to pay me what I felt I should receive. After a couple of weeks they moved closer to what I wanted however they were still short by $2000.00.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Applied online in their careers section. 2 days later, I received an email to take an online personality test. After completing that, I received another email to take an hour long banking situation assessment test. 2 days later, I received a phone call from an HR Associate to get my basic background information. 3 days later, I received a phone call from the local recruiter who asked more detailed information on my resume and discussed the position requirements. 5 days later, I had a phone interview with the Consumer Market Manager. She gave situational questions and how I would react in those situations. Interview lasted 40 minutes. Waited one week before I called the recruiter to ask for an update.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would work with a personal banker who wasn't making goal.   View Answer

Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Applied on line and did the online assessment, then contacted me by HR within 3 days, I've passed the phone screening and assigned for face to face interview with branch manager, I did the interview it was very typical ... They told me will be back to me within 2 weeks ... It been month and I didn't hear from them !?!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected ... Talk about your self , sales skills and customer relation questions   Answer Question

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

After applying online I was immediately contacted via e-mail to take an assessment. The assessment was a basic personality test. Shortly after the assessment I was contacted via telephone by a recruiter and asked to take a second assessment and was told that I would be moved onto a phone interview following completion and a passing score. The Assessment consists of managerial situations and asks you to answer certain scenarios with how you would handle the situation at hand. Within one day I received a phone call for a phone interview. Phone interview took about 40 minutes. It was a basic walk through of my resume and a learning session on Bank of America's values. Did not hear anything back. DON'T GIVE UP E-MAIL THE RECRUITER!!! 1 week after not receiving a call I e-mailed the recruiter to reaffirm my interest in the position. I was called within 3 hours and was asked to interview with the Consumer Market Manager. In person interview lasted approx. 90 minutes. Was assured that I would received a phone call after the interview. Recruiter contacted me immediately after to verify my background check information (ASI) and to have me interview one more time. Had the final interview the following day. Took 1 week to receive a call with an offer from the company. Offer is contingent on a criminal background check. NOTE: The recruiter will go over your ASI with you - DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES. If you hide employment/education history they will find out and it will lengthen the entire process. In a company as competitive as BOFA I would be VERY proactive in following up with every person you interview with.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle being given a branch that is underperforming?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Had my call with HR and set and interview with the regional team (3 market managers). Offered a job within two weeks and went through the manager training program.

Banking Center Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Online assessment was the first step, followed by an in person meeting with the area executive.

Banking Center Manager Interview

Very long interview process, one phone interview and two follow up interviews. Discussed previous work experiences, interviewed with four different high ranking individuals in the company.