Bank of America

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details Basic personality questions. Interviewed by 2 managers at same time. They are looking for someone with previous customer service experience.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Collector

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward . They want to know you can deal with irate customers

Interview Question – They make you act line you're taking a call to see what you would sound like   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Kennesaw, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Applied online no referral, was contacted 2 weeks later to complete online assessment, passed assessment, was then contacted to send updated resume for phone interview, was contacted for phone interview on a Sunday which was unheard of, interviewed next day received offer then started work 2 weeks later. Interview process took 1 week.

Interview Question – All easy behavioral questions. Asks what you know about the company etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

Interview Details I filled out an online application, for a collection position.The recruiter had sent over a few basic tests. One was a simulator of a system that the work off of L.A.M.P . The test would include: listening to a debtor and recalling specific information of each situation. Finally finishing with a phone interview, I got hired on a started immediately.

Negotiation Details – NEGOTIATE!!! They will reason

Collector

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details phone inverview, called in for face to face interview with 2 team mangers. was called next week with offer. Typical interview questions; tell me how you deal with difficult situations, how do you priortize your work, tell me about yourself....

Interview Question – typical interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Collector

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2011.

Interview Details I went to the location and took a two hour test and then did an interview. A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter, completed various tests online. Completed federal backround check including fingerprinting. Then recevied an offer a few days later.

Interview Question – What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of this job?   View Answer

Collector

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2011.

Interview Details The interview went great. A little studying goes along way. The HR requiter was very helpful and gave me some ideas on how to Ace the interview, and some of the questions the manager might ask.
What do you know about BOA?
What do you know about loans?
What makes you a good candidate for this position?

Interview Question – How would you help your coworker if you knew they were not fowling the proper rules and regulations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do your research.
Ask a lot of questions.
Dress professionally.
Be a little early.
Look over your resume.
Always Be yourself.

Collector

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2009.

Interview Details I got a call from Bank of America recruiter asking if i was interested in the collector position. I never applied but i had a profile on their website. She stated she found my resume in their database and was wondering if i was interested.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation. She told me that is the most they will pay me.

Simi Valley, CA (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details I went through a recruiter. Took a intelligence test, personality test, and passed them. Then was sent a link to a "call center simulation" - and passed. Did a phone interview and am doing a face to face and a background check. No offer yet- but the process is still ongoing. Will update when outcome is known.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

West Hills, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2010.

Interview Details Applied online creating a profile at their website. Received an email for an on-line simulation test, the simulation will also be one of many factors to help determine my suitability and preview the collection position. Was given 1-hour and 15-minutes to complete the simulation. Is timed and not be able to take a break once I began. I authorized my background check and be fingerprinted later. The interview over the phone was friendly and review about past employment, salary and duties and scheduled a face to face interview with the Call Center Mgr.
Second interview went for 30 minutes about current posiition and my ability to handle unhappy customer over the phone. Overall the recruitment process is easy , have all your document and information ready. The bank offers you great benefits in return for dedication and excel.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult or upset customer?   View Answer
  • Anything you dislike about your last employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, due to my experience in the field of customer service. Listen, consider and compare with your experience and prior salary.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!