Bank of America Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

Got a call to attend AC that was on a saturday between 9am - 3pm. We were 18 people from variety of backgrounds. The structure of AC was following:

1) Numerical test: SHL but a bit harder than online. 32 questions in 35 minutes.

2) Individual case study: We got a booklet and 1h to prepare the presentation. We had the next step which is "group discussion" in between actually preparing the case and presenting it to 1 VP for 10 minutes. Afterwards you get questions based on the case and your presentation. Be ready to know things about the companies you are presenting about and to defend your choices. Might slip in some random technical questions.

3) Group discussion: We were 6 people that had different roles and the object was to choose a CSR project among four different alternatives based on certain criteria. You get a booklet where you can read about your role, about the project and the objective.

4) Individual interview: I had one interview with only one VP. Mostly fit questions and I got no technical at all.

Interview Questions
  • * How does 100 MUSD increase in amortization affect the three financial statements?   Answer Question
Standard offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America.

First round phone interview from on campus application, got a call later that day for a superday at the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • If someone offered you $1000 today or paid out at $100 a month over the next ten months, which would you take?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

One first round interview - 2nd round super day

Interview Questions
    • Not a very technical interview - did not seem to interested in recruiting from my school.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2013.

They gave me a phone interview at first round. Very technical, very interesting. It is all questions from the WSO, but I did not read though it so it's basically a tragedy. That's also how I end up with getting no second-round invitation.

Interview Questions
    • How the depreciation expense affect the balance sheet?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smith Mills, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smith Mills, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2012.

Behavioral questions: tell us about yourself, why investment banking? what do you think of FB IPO? What do you think will happen to Facebook? What was your experience working in a team?

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Applied online, after researching similar positions elsewhere, and received a call a few weeks later. Phone interviewed first, in-person interviews (two of them) followed shortly after. All of the interviews were conducted very professionally and some general HR people called me first but the later ones were all conducted by people working within the particular group/division. The questions were meant to keep me on my toes and they came pretty fast towards the end but I found it enjoyable for the most part.

Advice: Stay calm, be honest, and look alive!

The culture is definitely (and expectedly) corporate; meaning, you'll have to take a few seemingly pointless HR training courses, you'll sit at a cubicalesque desk, and be amazed at just how many VPs there are in one department. The work was very demanding mentally (myriad of information and tasks) and physically (longest work day went from 7am-2am); the people are literally some of the best in the business and expect you to keep up with them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a personal goal you've attained in the past few years. How did you go about doing so? Has anything positive come from it?   View Answer
    • If China was to change from a predominately export economy to a more Westernized consumer economy, what might happen to the emerging markets in surrounding countries?   View Answer
    • How could you use a statement of cash flows to gain insight into a company's financial situation and its future potential?   View Answer
    Didn't attempt to negotiate. I had two other banking offers for the summer but went with ML because it offered the best opportunity for me. You should consider the underlying motivations for wanting to work anywhere before seriously going after a position. Weigh your options, be aware of your weaknesses, and try to get an idea whether or not you'll be miserable somewhere beforehand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2010.

I am from a non-target school and was referred by an employee. They set up a phone interview and asked very basic questions like tell me about yourself, why BoA, etc. They went further in depth to the tell me about yourself and prodded into one area. They also asked some technical questions such as compare two companies, x and y, which one would have the higher dcf value. If you understate depreciation by a $100, how would the three financial statements change.

Interview Questions
    • If depreciation is understated by 100, how does that change the three financial statements?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America in October 2009.

Resumes were submitted to the university's career center online. After a week, they chose twenty applicants and interviewed them on Wednesday. They then took the ten best, interviewed us on Thursday, and I had a phone call Saturday morning with my decision.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how the cash flow statement ties into the other balance sheet statements   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2009.

I submitted online application three months ago, and the employer called me late January to schedule for a phone interview. He did not say much about the interview, so I just prepared some questions related to my resume and read news on those days. During the interview, the interviewer was very nice, she asked me questions about my resume, then why I want to enter investment banking industry and why I want to join Bank of America. She also asked me something about my background since I am an international student here. But it seems they don't want to hire international students because of working visa issues, so i was not surprised that i didn't enter the next round of interview.