Bank of America Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 9 Mar 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bank of America (London, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Got a call to attend AC that was on a saturday between 9am - 3pm. We were 18 people from variety of backgrounds. The structure of AC was following:

1) Numerical test: SHL but a bit harder than online. 32 questions in 35 minutes.

2) Individual case study: We got a booklet and 1h to prepare the presentation. We had the next step which is "group discussion" in between actually preparing the case and presenting it to 1 VP for 10 minutes. Afterwards you get questions based on the case and your presentation. Be ready to know things about the companies you are presenting about and to defend your choices. Might slip in some random technical questions.

3) Group discussion: We were 6 people that had different roles and the object was to choose a CSR project among four different alternatives based on certain criteria. You get a booklet where you can read about your role, about the project and the objective.

4) Individual interview: I had one interview with only one VP. Mostly fit questions and I got no technical at all.

Interview Questions

• * How does 100 MUSD increase in amortization affect the three financial statements?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Summer Analyst - Investment Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in February 2015.

Interview

Applied in late October, got a first round phone interview in early Jan. Two weeks later, got word that I was selected for a superday in NYC. Flew out on 24 hour notice from California. 1.5 Hour superday, exciting process, and my first IB superday. Unfortunately, was placed on hold and haven't heard back, so I accepted another offer rather than waiting.

Interview Questions

• If an acquisition is financed through debt, cash, or equity, will it be accretive or dilutive? Why?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Applied online and underwent the accelerated interview process. Had 3 interviews, each were about half an hour long- all were with pretty senior people at the firm, and two rounds were with individuals in IBD, and the other was with S&T. They were all extremely kind, though the environment felt different for each interview (depending on the personality of the interviewer). Mainly fit questions, (walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself) and a few valuation questions (DCF, valuation football field).

Interview Questions

• This wasn't challenging, but the question was a bit different from the others: What is the difference between a leader and a manager?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume via my school's career site. Was invited for an on campus interview. Met with two bankers from the Chicago office, who focused mostly on strange behavioral questions. They really pressured me into explaining why I came to this school, instead of an Ivy League school, which I found strange. They didn't seem to interested from the beginning, and I received an email the next day that told me I had been rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to come to this school over any other school?
      How would you value a highly distressed firm?

Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for a summer internship. Had previous connections with the bank from networking, but the interview was fairly rigid and they did not seem interested in any past interactions with other bankers. Interview was about 50/50 technical and behavioral.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

First round phone interview from on campus application, got a call later that day for a superday at the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• If someone offered you $1000 today or paid out at $100 a month over the next ten months, which would you take?   2 Answers

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

One first round interview - 2nd round super day

Interview Questions

• Not a very technical interview - did not seem to interested in recruiting from my school.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (State College, PA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

They gave me a phone interview at first round. Very technical, very interesting. It is all questions from the WSO, but I did not read though it so it's basically a tragedy. That's also how I end up with getting no second-round invitation.

Interview Questions

• How the depreciation expense affect the balance sheet?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Straight-forward, not intimidating, were extremely nice and they genuinely cared about every single thing that I had to say. I only had to travel to Charlotte to interview which was great. Make sure you arrive promptly, prepared, and professionally dressed.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smith Mills, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Smith Mills, MA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Behavioral questions: tell us about yourself, why investment banking? what do you think of FB IPO? What do you think will happen to Facebook? What was your experience working in a team?