Bank of America

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details They do a background check and many interviews.. they look for candidates with experience and a book of purchase business. They wont hire people with no experience and without a establish book of business.

Negotiation Details – Everything is based on current book of business.. so if you have realtors and can prove you close a lot of purchases you can get better offer

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2010.

Interview Details Pretty Easy.......initial conversation with HR, two face to face interviews with two different managers. Standard questions in each and nothing unusual in either interview. Both asked comparable questions, most likely they compared answers so as long as you explained your history and background and why they should hire you for the position you would most likely pass each one.

Interview Question – Noting out of the ordinary!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With HR over the phone not in person, a little room to negotiate income but not much.

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

Interview Details I was hired by someone I had worked with in the past. I forwarded my resume, had a brief interview and was offered a position. The position had to be approved by upper management which did take a couple of months. However, once I received an offer letter and accepted, everything went quickly.

Negotiation Details – Just got the standard offer letter - take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call about a month later. They can be slow.

Interview Question – All questions were really straight forward, specially if you are in the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I asked for a certain amount and they declined and said: our maximum is X. I am sure all positions are different though.

Mortgage Loan Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details First I was contacted by a recruiter, once she screen me and saw I was a great fit, she referred my resume to the manager. My interview was setup through my recruiter, once I had the interview I found out I had the job. The process was very smooth and easy.

Interview Question – Trying to maintain the loans pipeline, and making sure you meet the guidelines required by boa.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After the recruiter reached back out to me after the interview, she asked me how it went and how I felt about the job was for me. After I stated the job was for me, she offered me the job and sent me a offer letter.

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details online, called in meet with 2 managers....interview questions formatted for mgmnt

Interview Question – questions pertaining to mortgages   View Answer

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2013.

Interview Details The on boarding and hiring was relatively painless. The hr department was on top of things.

Reason for Declining – It was low then I countered and I accepted

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2009.

Interview Details Applied online. They called back and scheduled interview. Went. And interviewed with 3 managers at once. After that it takes about a week or 2 for them to contact you back. Normally by email to elt you know if you got the job

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit as an mlo?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base pay is about 30k a yr. not really any negotiation

Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details I had 1 phone interview about 30min, then 2 face to face interviews about 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – Explain negative amortaziotion   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2008.

Interview Details Hiring process will include 1 or two interviews with 2 hiring managers together or 1 hiring manager on two separate interviews

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and how will you overcome them?   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!