Bank of America

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details Initial HR Phone interview followed by Technical Phone interview and Face to face.
Technical interviews were standard web programming questions, with hiring manager, developer and senior manager. HR was very professional and did a good job with follow up and keeping me informed of status.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult of unexpected - questions were ad hoc based on where the conversation went. Asked to explain design of recent system worked on.   Answer Question

Charlotte, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2012.

Interview Details 3 interviews. First one a coding written test. A phone interview about design patterns. On sight interview. first group ask about SQL (join) and databases. The second group gave me Coding assignments (finding errors in a code, writing a code to reverse a string, tell what a certain code is doing), last part was a software design task about a project.

Interview Question – design a calculator that does addition, multiplication, etc...add a scientific and statistics calculators.   View Answer

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2010.

Interview Details Phone screen, software coding problems followed by an in-person technical interview. Technical interview wasn't hard and they understood that you might not have experience in all of the areas covered.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a contractor and needing a job, I didn't ask for much. Base salary I asked for was at or below market average.

Newark, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details Contacted by recruiter for open position, went to Newark a few weeks later for an in person interview. First met by HR rep whom explained what to expect working at BOA as well as benefits associated with the position. Next I was taken to three separate interviews, each lasting about 30 minutes. First was a "Cultural Interview" which I was asked a few behavioral questions, then a "Technical Interview" in which the hiring manager explained about the position in detail. Lastly was a "Whiteboard Session" in which you are asked to draw a high level design of a project you have recently worked on. Overall the interview went great, but the lack of communication after the interview was severe. I was first told that they had moved on, then later brought back to Newark for a second interview. The second interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and was a complete waste of time. Weeks went by and I never heard a thing from BOA. The phrase "wishy washy" comes to mind when summing up this experience.

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details There are five one and one interviews in the final round. Each of them is 30 minutes. The questions are combined with both technical and behavioral.

Interview Question – The questions are related to database and website application knowledge. They are not unexpected and I also think I answered them well.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in September 2012.

Interview Details There are only 3 simple questions:
1. Reverse an array
2. Fib numbers
3. SQL: make different coffee with different ingredients
I got all of them but get refused as well. I guess I should do them faster.

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2012.

Interview Details most of the questions are behavior questions, like: describe a difficult you have faced. they only use java. so i did not get the offer. you can find all about the questions from the list in grassdoor.

Interview Question – describe a difficult you have ever faced.   Answer Question

Nor (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in May 2010.

Interview Details Hiring and Interview process was very lengthy .There should be only one technical round inteview.

Interview Question – Why u want to left the existing company.   View Answer

Software Developer

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2011.

Interview Details first round was 1:1 interview on campus, reviewed your resume, asked some basic C++ and DB questions. Second round consisted of 2 phone interviews. Both are technical interviews. Asked Brainteasers like calculate the angle of two clock pointers when time is 11:50. Asked some algoritem questions like how to classify all English words by initial letter in the English world .

Interview Questions

• Calculate the angle of two clock pointers when time is 11:50.   View Answers (62)
  • Provide a efficient way to classify all English words by initial letter in the English world .   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in November 2011.

Interview Details on campus, 1:1, took about half an hour

Interview Question – asked some basic concepts about C++, such as smart pointer, destructor   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.