Barclays Capital Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
405 interviews

3.1

Fldp Telephone Interview Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online, Done tests: 1-logical reasoning 2-Numerical 3-verbal .... After this Phone Interview then face to face. Telephone interview was a little but dull. The interviewer was very blunt and it lasted around 30mins. other than that the question were normal and make sure you research the organisation culture etc

Interview Questions
    • Normal Question: Why Barclays, Why Finance, Why this division, Strengths/weaknesses, Example of when you led a team   Answer Question

Client Valuations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

2 stage process - 1 with hiring manager and 1 with dept head. Competency based interview and they asks questions to see if you fit within the team, e.g. what is your weakness? tell me a process improvement that you have made?

Interview Questions
    • Mainly competency focused and what i did in my previous roles.   Answer Question
    Negotiate a higher rate - the manager took off 10% once i signed the contract.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Submitted an application and got a response the same week. The following week got a telephone interview, which had the feel of a normal leadership, teamwork, etc. questions. However, recruiters are not allowed to paraphrase the question so you have to interpret it, as best as you can and give specific example. The following after the interview, I was invite to an AC with the same questions only a little bit more in-depth. In addition, there was a game where we had to make a 3x3 cube out of smaller cubes, ensuring that each side has the same colour. In addition, adjacent colours cannot be the same. After the AC got a call from the recruiter telling me I was successful. Very friendly and nice company culture, which tries to get the best of you. MAKE SURE YOU MENTION the values RISES ...

Interview Questions
    • How did you feel when a friend of yours acted unethically?   Answer Question

Vice President, IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Barclays Capital in August 2011.

Interviews are somewhat incosistent accross the board and like in many companies it really depends who you get. It's quite important to find out who is the real decission maker. Frequently this will be the hiring manager (and also the first person you interview with apart from HR). If you can succeed with that interview almost everything else is a formality. I've been with the company for a few years and have seen the process from both sides.

Interview Questions
    • The internal training for hiring is not great, so again it depends how much preparation and effort they put in. Sometimes people will ask "smart" questions, but they're usually easy to see through.   Answer Question
    The process can be a bit chaotic, it helps if you have something that you can push them with (like a shorter notice period if they get the written offer to you by a certain date).

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in June 2012.

Four interviews. Two with directors

Interview Questions
    Be honest with your current wages as they will check.

FX Sales Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Standard bank hiring questions

Long and drawn out but standard for banks.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Very extensive online application, with multiple specific essays that have to be written. After online math and verbal reasoning tests, got a phone interview. It was a bad experience, the interviewer called late, laughed at some of my answers and never gave me feedback ...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Online application form, online tests, phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to do something that was against the company's ethics or your own ethics, but made the company a lot of money would you do it?   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Online

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Phone Interview- 15 minutes

Interview Questions

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!