Barclays Capital

Updated 29 Jan 2015

3.1

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Applied online.
    First stage: online application which required to upload CV and complete combination of motivation and business awareness questions.
    Second stage: received online tests few days after the submission of the online form. Had to complete mathematical reasoning test and 2 personality tests.
    Third stage: 2 weeks after submission of test received invitation to telephone interview. Booked slot for the telephone interview online. each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes. Was asked just competency based questions.

Interview Questions
    • How satisfied you get when you explain something and the person understands that?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Online Assessment - Situational Judgement, Personality, Numerical Tests - Telephone Interview - AC (Haven't had yet)
    Was all pretty straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. The deadline was extended by 2 weeks originally, not really sure why.
    Not been yet, but advised that the AC contains 3 parts: 1:1 interview with a senior associate in my department; group exercise; 45 minute preparation on a new topic followed by 15 minute presentation to a senior associate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hugely unexpected, 2 that caught me out - What does inclusion mean to you? & What are the 3 main issues on the global agenda currently?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Division Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2015.

Online app - open questions - num test, SJT - telephone interview - AC (waiting); 12 competency questions in telephone interview: How do you build up relationship? Teamwork experience? What do you think about integrity? Why financial service? etc. they won't explain the questions but can repeat. Friendly guys but still a little bit stressful. Prepare stories as many as you can.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2015.

Applied online, had an online numerical test followed by a telephone interview. Walked through my CV, asked about college assignments related to credit risk and any knowledge I had about credit risk. Called for an assessment centre then 3 competence and technical interviews, a values interview and a case study which was mental math based. Good experience, expecting to hear back this week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

I applied online, then invited to the phone interview. There were only competency based questions. They are highly focused on their company value and ethics. Interview conducted by HR (or even outsourced). They won't explain the questions but will only repeat the questions for you. Last for 30 minutes and I was asked around 10 questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you understand our company value?   View Answer

Operation Summer Interview

Online application and assessment with shl and verbal test. Phone interview pretty standard. One-day assessment centre with group exercise, case study and one face-to-face interview which was competency based. Also there were paper tests similar to the on-line ones.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three major events going on in the world at the moment and how it could affect Barclays   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

First stage is done via Online application and Online tests. If you passed it, you will be invited to a 30 mints telephone interview. It took me about a month till I was invited for an interview since I completed the online tests. The last stage is the Accessmen Center including numerical test and 1:1 interview. The very next day I got an offer but a few other people who were at the same accessment center got offers after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about your ethics and what you would feel in certain situations.
      E.g. How would you feel if your friend behave unethically?

Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied mid September. Phone interview first after 2 weeks of the application straight up competency questions. After a week got invited to the assessment centre. First a group activity after that a series of interviews which had elements of competency but mostly focused on brainteasers, which were standard questions like 2 bullets loaded into a revolver, is it better to shoot one more time or re roll the bullets.

Summer Analyst Interview

Lots of short competency questions
    Short, about 20 minutes
    Interviewer has a set of questions, no way to interact with them outside these questions
    Be ready for a lot of questions about your team abilities, leadership experience, and to explain your academic choices.
    Interviewer was not from the desk, but HR

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Did the usual tests and had the telephone interview. Was asked in the phone interview to mention 3 current affair topics. Was progressed to the assessment day. We had a buffet lunch and everyone was very friendly. I performed well in the individual assignment but not as well in the group assignment which was a puzzle I found quite difficult. Was chosen at random at the end of the assessment day to complete a numerical test.

Interview Questions
    • The group project was quite difficult but our team had a brainy engineer who helped us solve the puzzle within minutes.   Answer Question