Barclays Capital

390 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Spring Intern Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Submitted an application and got a response the same week. The following week got a telephone interview, which had the feel of a normal leadership, teamwork, etc. questions. However, recruiters are not allowed to paraphrase the question so you have to interpret it, as best as you can and give specific example. The following after the interview, I was invite to an AC with the same questions only a little bit more in-depth. In addition, there was a game where we had to make a 3x3 cube out of smaller cubes, ensuring that each side has the same colour. In addition, adjacent colours cannot be the same. After the AC got a call from the recruiter telling me I was successful. Very friendly and nice company culture, which tries to get the best of you. MAKE SURE YOU MENTION the values RISES ...

Interview Question – How did you feel when a friend of yours acted unethically?   Answer Question

Vice President, IT Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Barclays Capital in August 2011.

Interview Details Interviews are somewhat incosistent accross the board and like in many companies it really depends who you get. It's quite important to find out who is the real decission maker. Frequently this will be the hiring manager (and also the first person you interview with apart from HR). If you can succeed with that interview almost everything else is a formality. I've been with the company for a few years and have seen the process from both sides.

Interview Question – The internal training for hiring is not great, so again it depends how much preparation and effort they put in. Sometimes people will ask "smart" questions, but they're usually easy to see through.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process can be a bit chaotic, it helps if you have something that you can push them with (like a shorter notice period if they get the written offer to you by a certain date).

Business Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in June 2012.

Interview Details Four interviews. Two with directors

Interview Question – Business knowledge   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be honest with your current wages as they will check.

FX Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Standard bank hiring questions

Negotiation Details – Long and drawn out but standard for banks.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
London, England

I interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details Very extensive online application, with multiple specific essays that have to be written. After online math and verbal reasoning tests, got a phone interview. It was a bad experience, the interviewer called late, laughed at some of my answers and never gave me feedback ...

Interview Question – How do you establish trust in a relationship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details Online application form, online tests, phone interview.

Interview Question – If you were asked to do something that was against the company's ethics or your own ethics, but made the company a lot of money would you do it?   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details Online

Interview Question – What do you understand by the word 'inclusion'.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details Phone Interview- 15 minutes

Interview Question – Give me an example of your commitment to excellence?   Answer Question

FLDP Strategic Analytics Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

Interview Details cv screening, online tests, phone interview, simulation day, case study.

Interview Question – What are the negative aspects of this job?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details - Standard Psychometric tests and competency based application form

- Followed by Phone Interview which was "Strengths-Based", lots of weird questions about being inclusive in the office and moral codes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you confronted someone who was cheating?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Capital interview questions and advice. All 390 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Barclays Capital employees and interview candidates.