Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

3.1

Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

one telephone interview with HR with all the fit questions: describe a time when you help others, what would you do if one of your friends does something unethical. Then I got an AC, which contain a trading game and 3-4 one-to-one interview. The one-to-one is half fit question and half technical question. The technical is not very hard and about the news.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the total number of cars in UK.   4 Answers

Technology Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, invited to inductive reasoning tests. First and second round phone interviews, and an offer a day after second round. All questions during the process were strength-based, no technicals at all. Make sure to show examples of how you share the 5 key values of Barclays, show that you can work well in a team and that you can think for yourself. Ensure that you have strong industry knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How motivated are you to further your career?
      How would you present complex information so that everyone can understand?
      How important is technology in investment banking?
      Would your friends go to you for advice? Why?

Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

Applied online.
    First stage: online application which required to upload CV and complete combination of motivation and business awareness questions.
    Second stage: received online tests few days after the submission of the online form. Had to complete mathematical reasoning test and 2 personality tests.
    Third stage: 2 weeks after submission of test received invitation to telephone interview. Booked slot for the telephone interview online. each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes. Was asked just competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• How satisfied you get when you explain something and the person understands that?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

Online Assessment - Situational Judgement, Personality, Numerical Tests - Telephone Interview - AC (Haven't had yet)
    Was all pretty straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. The deadline was extended by 2 weeks originally, not really sure why.
    Not been yet, but advised that the AC contains 3 parts: 1:1 interview with a senior associate in my department; group exercise; 45 minute preparation on a new topic followed by 15 minute presentation to a senior associate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hugely unexpected, 2 that caught me out - What does inclusion mean to you? & What are the 3 main issues on the global agenda currently?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Division Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2015.

Interview

Online app - open questions - num test, SJT - telephone interview - AC (waiting); 12 competency questions in telephone interview: How do you build up relationship? Teamwork experience? What do you think about integrity? Why financial service? etc. they won't explain the questions but can repeat. Friendly guys but still a little bit stressful. Prepare stories as many as you can.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Glasgow, Scotland) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had an online numerical test followed by a telephone interview. Walked through my CV, asked about college assignments related to credit risk and any knowledge I had about credit risk. Called for an assessment centre then 3 competence and technical interviews, a values interview and a case study which was mental math based. Good experience, expecting to hear back this week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (London, England) in December 2014.

Interview

Very basic HR questions for first round interview. Consisted of 10 "fit" questions and no technicals were asked. Best to prep using the STAR process (Situation, Task, Action, Result) so it is easier to lay out your thought process to the interviewer. Very casual.

Also make sure you are in an area with good reception.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (London, England).

Interview

I applied online, then invited to the phone interview. There were only competency based questions. They are highly focused on their company value and ethics. Interview conducted by HR (or even outsourced). They won't explain the questions but will only repeat the questions for you. Last for 30 minutes and I was asked around 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand our company value?   1 Answer

Operation Summer Interview

Interview

Online application and assessment with shl and verbal test. Phone interview pretty standard. One-day assessment centre with group exercise, case study and one face-to-face interview which was competency based. Also there were paper tests similar to the on-line ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three major events going on in the world at the moment and how it could affect Barclays   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital (London, England).

Interview

First stage is done via Online application and Online tests. If you passed it, you will be invited to a 30 mints telephone interview. It took me about a month till I was invited for an interview since I completed the online tests. The last stage is the Accessmen Center including numerical test and 1:1 interview. The very next day I got an offer but a few other people who were at the same accessment center got offers after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about your ethics and what you would feel in certain situations.
      E.g. How would you feel if your friend behave unethically?

Answer Question