Barclays Capital

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

I applied online, then invited to the phone interview. There were only competency based questions. They are highly focused on their company value and ethics. Interview conducted by HR (or even outsourced). They won't explain the questions but will only repeat the questions for you. Last for 30 minutes and I was asked around 10 questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you understand our company value?   View Answer

Operation Summer Interview

Online application and assessment with shl and verbal test. Phone interview pretty standard. One-day assessment centre with group exercise, case study and one face-to-face interview which was competency based. Also there were paper tests similar to the on-line ones.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three major events going on in the world at the moment and how it could affect Barclays   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

First stage is done via Online application and Online tests. If you passed it, you will be invited to a 30 mints telephone interview. It took me about a month till I was invited for an interview since I completed the online tests. The last stage is the Accessmen Center including numerical test and 1:1 interview. The very next day I got an offer but a few other people who were at the same accessment center got offers after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about your ethics and what you would feel in certain situations.
      E.g. How would you feel if your friend behave unethically?

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied mid September. Phone interview first after 2 weeks of the application straight up competency questions. After a week got invited to the assessment centre. First a group activity after that a series of interviews which had elements of competency but mostly focused on brainteasers, which were standard questions like 2 bullets loaded into a revolver, is it better to shoot one more time or re roll the bullets.

Summer Analyst Interview

Lots of short competency questions
    Short, about 20 minutes
    Interviewer has a set of questions, no way to interact with them outside these questions
    Be ready for a lot of questions about your team abilities, leadership experience, and to explain your academic choices.
    Interviewer was not from the desk, but HR

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Did the usual tests and had the telephone interview. Was asked in the phone interview to mention 3 current affair topics. Was progressed to the assessment day. We had a buffet lunch and everyone was very friendly. I performed well in the individual assignment but not as well in the group assignment which was a puzzle I found quite difficult. Was chosen at random at the end of the assessment day to complete a numerical test.

Interview Questions
    • The group project was quite difficult but our team had a brainy engineer who helped us solve the puzzle within minutes.   Answer Question

Product Control - Analyst Interview

Put forward for interview by recruiter. Interview was with team leader (AVP) and product control VP. Questions touched on previous role, career motivations, understanding of role and I was grilled on my technical understanding of my previous role and the role being interviewed for.

First round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2014.

Online form first then online test. Telephone interview was strength-based so not too hard. Assessment centre was held in Marriot hotel starting with a group exercise and three interviews. Three interviews are all conducted by VPs, can be quite technical but mostly about personality and understanding of the business.

Fldp Telephone Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online, Done tests: 1-logical reasoning 2-Numerical 3-verbal .... After this Phone Interview then face to face. Telephone interview was a little but dull. The interviewer was very blunt and it lasted around 30mins. other than that the question were normal and make sure you research the organisation culture etc

Interview Questions
    • Normal Question: Why Barclays, Why Finance, Why this division, Strengths/weaknesses, Example of when you led a team   Answer Question

Client Valuations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

2 stage process - 1 with hiring manager and 1 with dept head. Competency based interview and they asks questions to see if you fit within the team, e.g. what is your weakness? tell me a process improvement that you have made?

Interview Questions
    • Mainly competency focused and what i did in my previous roles.   Answer Question
    Negotiate a higher rate - the manager took off 10% once i signed the contract.