Barclays Capital

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Interview Details Went through the logical and numerical tests. Got a phone Interview with a very nice woman who was willing to make me feel comfortable. It was a strengths-based interview with questions on teamwork, relationships in a team, dealing with large projects... etc
Then I was invited to the Assessment Center. We were about 10 summer/graduate applicants. 2 groups were made.
- Group task : assembling sort of a rubik's cube with certain constraints
- Strengths-Based Interview pretty much like the phone interview
- Technical Interview with questions on projects I had completed, data structures, software developping processes etc

Interview Question – What are Barclays' values and strategy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negociation

New Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2013.

Interview Details HR /technology interview consisting of about 1 hour.

Interview Question – Good knowledge of data structures required.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't really negotiate. I was satisfied with the terms of the offer.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details The recruiter and interviewers are very friendly. They just went through my resume and asked questions from it. One is technical and asked some basic algorithm and probability questions. One is behavioral and some easy coding questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions are really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Interview Details Was interviewed by two VP's. One technical interview and one HR + technical. First interviewer was not responding to my answers and was just shooting a lot of questions on Java, DBMS and Finance. The second interviewer was nice and asked questions about Multithreading and SQL. All HR questions were same what you will have at a bank. Did not like the way the interview. Even thought I answered all questions correctly they rejected me. Don't know what they want.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Barclays?   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

Interview Details I applied through our university career services

Interview Question – to much of technical questions   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting. attended the superday. Interviewed at Barcap NY office. 1 tech round. 1 behavior round. 1 hr round. 30 mins each for the first two round. 15 mins for the hr round. People are really nice. The hr people great me at the front door and led me to the interviewers. The interviewers would lead me back. Relaxed working environment. The tech interviewer will ask some really easy questions like "what do you like about technology" to calm you down. And will then ask some basic OOP or algorithm questions. Then some networking or system infrastructure questions. Other times it was mostly conversational. The interviewer really try to understand if you really want to do this or not. So be yourself.

Interview Question – Asked a lot about very detailed questions about past experiences in the tech round. Be prepared for anything. Nothing really unexpected though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied Online.
Phone Interview and In person interview in New York, NY

Interview Question – Asked about certain Business Cases based on my past experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offer pretty good package

Summer Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details I applied through my university career website. Interview process comprised of half an hour technical interview, half an hour behavioural interview and 10-15 minutes HR interview.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was about optional derivatives.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Online Tests
One round of phone interview
Assessment Center with one behavioral interview, one technical interview, one group discussion and an individual presentation

Interview Question – Some weird behavioral questions like managing relationships, ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2013.

Interview Details The application was a long and detailed one.They ask questions initially to screen your interest in investment banking and finance field.Then if you get selected,will call you for an in person interview(as in my case ) because Barclays was recruiting on campus for me.

Two interviews were conducted withing a time frame of an hour-1.Technical interview 2.HR interview

Interview Question – Few codes which I couldn't recollect at the moment in technical round.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Capital Summer Technology Analyst interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays Capital employees and interview candidates.