Barclays Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.2

Graduate Analyst Interview

Can not remember; the process was laid back and not extremely challenging. The soft skill competencies are more important that the technical ones at the point of interviewing for the grad programme.

Typical mix of online test, assessment centers, presentations and then interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays.

As the market was strong, just 1 interview was required. Quite a number of key questions, but focused on previous technical work. Interview was straightforward with 2 on the panel. Did not need to have a 2nd interview as the role was for contract work.

Interview Questions
    They provide an above market offer, so accepted.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in January 2013.

At barclays you need too apply online, after a skills based test in aptitude and maths they will call you for a behavioral based interview

Behavioral interview questions will be more pointed, more probing and more specific than traditional interview questions:

Give an example of an occasion when you used logic to solve a problem.
    Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it.
    Have you gone above and beyond the call of duty? If so, how?
    What do you do when your schedule is interrupted? Give an example of how you handle it.
    Have you had to convince a team to work on a project they weren't thrilled about? How did you do it?
    Have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker? How?
    Tell me about how you worked effectively under pressure

Interview Questions
    • Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation

Apprentice -≫ Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knutsford, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knutsford, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays in September 2012.

Assessment day - lots of different activities
    Individual and group based

Spag-mallow
    Draw the global map and pin places on there
    Short - unprepared presentation

Walked away feeling I want actually going back there as the day was a full day and it was a very strenuous task meeting and working with almost 50 other applicants

Interview Questions
    No negotiation available for the role

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in October 2013.

Some candidates are sent to an assessment center. I went through a recruitment agency and straight to the following due to experience:
    Online profiling/personality test.
    Face to Face interview.
    Second interview with initial interviewer's boss.
    Presentation

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

Submit my c.v online and lucky enough was invited to interview the about 2 weeks after. Interview is competency based you get the four or five questions area before hand so think of possible questions based on them and you be. Have a lot of examples helps show you know what you talking about have done it before. Only decide to write this because I found reviews and tips on here helpful so why not help future applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Questions not really difficult . Just prepare practice practice practice and you have a high chance to succeed. Biggest tip is , go to nearest branch and ask 4 help how prepare etc I decided do the same and I think it gave me a better chance of standing out. So go the xtra mile if u want it that bad I guess   Answer Question

Any In Ukrb Interview

competency based interview, you get a brief in advance. fairly straight forward however you do have to do an online test which is very very hard and maths based, it's timed so practice a lot

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

The total process took 2 months and included several steps
    - CV screening

- Online tests: Situational Judgement Questionnaire, Numerical and Verbal tests :These tests are not too hard if you train your pace beforehand.

- 2 interviews (telephone and skype): During the interview, questions were asked about motivation, compentencies and personality. I had to give examples of situations in which I had shown certain skills.

- Assessment Center

Summer, Internal Audit (I Failed IT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

- psychometric test: standard numerical and verbal reasoning
    - competency based interview.
    - chronological interview (your motivations)

Pretty fair interview process. Few thing to watch out for:
    1. People at this company can really be in love with Barclays, which says a lot about the company. Make sure that everything you do or say CANNOT be interpreted as you are trying to undermine the company in any way.
    2. Part of the feed-back I got was that I was "too calm" in the interview, this coupled with my not so well structured answers gave the feeling that Barclays was not nervous in the interview therefore did not want the job badly enough.

They give pretty good feedback even if you do not get the job, definitely worth applying.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you stop on the corporate ladder?   View Answer

Vice President In Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays.

It is a long process with lots of interviews and tests but worth it. There were phone interviews then a 3 hour long behavioural interview followed by skill and technical interviews. I then had to meet senior stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • None. All fair and expected questions. Typical ones: what are your weaknesses? Why Barclays? What can you add to the organisation?   View Answer
    Fair.

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!