Barclays

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

3.2

Business Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays.

Applied for the job directly and was sent an email to answer three questionnaires online through the Barclays portal. Split into three sections, with various introductory sections, it took around an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly easy, however the maths section is incredibly difficult.   View Answer

Sales Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Online application. Online test. Phone interview. Accessment Center.

It took them about 2,3 weeks from online app to phone interview. And I just had my phone interview and the HR told me they don't have a fixed time to get back to me after that because they still have some candidates to interview etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you follow the market news and lots of competency based questions.

But they will change up their way of asking and its up to you to interprets. The HR will only repeat the questions exactly as it is, and won't paraphrase. To be honest, it's possibly my worst phone interview.

They also asked about ethics.

Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in December 2014.

Straightforward application process:
    1. Online Application
    some background information + 3 competency questions
    2. Telephone Interview (Strength Based)
    12 questions in 20 minutes, try to back up your answers with some examples
    3. Assessment Day
    - Group Exercise
    - One-to-one Strength Based Interview
    - Individual Presentation

Interview Questions
    • How you build up relationships, and what do you do to ensure that your relationship is reliable   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays in December 2014.

Online tests and questionnaire, telephone interview, and assessment day with 45 min interview, presentation and group exercise.
    Presentation was a timed desk simulation, where you have to find information about a company decision from emails and articles which are emailed to you. Then you prepare a 5 minute presentation and answer questions. The most important thing is that you have reasons for you recommendations and can stand up to being questioned.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays in October 2014.

I have applied online. It took around one month to complete. After passing the online test I was invited for an interview at Luton. It was a face to face interview and lasted for one hour.
    It was really really a good experience in my life. They were very co operative and comfortable, and the interviewers really made me to answer for everything correctly!!! Questions were based on 4 main competencies related to our work or personal experience. In 10 working days I got the result that I have passed the assessment.
    Although I passed the assessment I have some visa related issues. So waiting to get it sorted then only they can offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was much difficult, But they asked about a risky experience in my job.   View Answer

Graduate Analyst Interview

Can not remember; the process was laid back and not extremely challenging. The soft skill competencies are more important that the technical ones at the point of interviewing for the grad programme.

Typical mix of online test, assessment centers, presentations and then interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays.

As the market was strong, just 1 interview was required. Quite a number of key questions, but focused on previous technical work. Interview was straightforward with 2 on the panel. Did not need to have a 2nd interview as the role was for contract work.

Interview Questions
    They provide an above market offer, so accepted.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays in August 2014.

Telephone interviews followed by face to face interviews. Everyone was super friendly and professional and willing to share information about the pros/cons of working for Barclays. Definitely left with a good impression of the team and company.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you tried to make significant changes in practices in your current company?   Answer Question

Any In Ukrb Interview

competency based interview, you get a brief in advance. fairly straight forward however you do have to do an online test which is very very hard and maths based, it's timed so practice a lot

Vice President In Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays.

It is a long process with lots of interviews and tests but worth it. There were phone interviews then a 3 hour long behavioural interview followed by skill and technical interviews. I then had to meet senior stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • None. All fair and expected questions. Typical ones: what are your weaknesses? Why Barclays? What can you add to the organisation?   View Answer
    Fair.