Barclays Interview Questions

3.2

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays in October 2014.

I have applied online. It took around one month to complete. After passing the online test I was invited for an interview at Luton. It was a face to face interview and lasted for one hour.
    It was really really a good experience in my life. They were very co operative and comfortable, and the interviewers really made me to answer for everything correctly!!! Questions were based on 4 main competencies related to our work or personal experience. In 10 working days I got the result that I have passed the assessment.
    Although I passed the assessment I have some visa related issues. So waiting to get it sorted then only they can offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was much difficult, But they asked about a risky experience in my job.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Can not remember; the process was laid back and not extremely challenging. The soft skill competencies are more important that the technical ones at the point of interviewing for the grad programme.

Typical mix of online test, assessment centers, presentations and then interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays.

As the market was strong, just 1 interview was required. Quite a number of key questions, but focused on previous technical work. Interview was straightforward with 2 on the panel. Did not need to have a 2nd interview as the role was for contract work.

Interview Questions
    They provide an above market offer, so accepted.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays in August 2014.

Telephone interviews followed by face to face interviews. Everyone was super friendly and professional and willing to share information about the pros/cons of working for Barclays. Definitely left with a good impression of the team and company.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you tried to make significant changes in practices in your current company?   Answer Question

Any In Ukrb Interview

competency based interview, you get a brief in advance. fairly straight forward however you do have to do an online test which is very very hard and maths based, it's timed so practice a lot

Vice President In Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays.

It is a long process with lots of interviews and tests but worth it. There were phone interviews then a 3 hour long behavioural interview followed by skill and technical interviews. I then had to meet senior stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • None. All fair and expected questions. Typical ones: what are your weaknesses? Why Barclays? What can you add to the organisation?   View Answer
    Fair.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

very rigorous, they will look at both academic qualities and personal qualities. you must fir the team. you must do your research beforehand. no waffle, be straight in your answer and be sure to have examples from previous experience.

Summer, Internal Audit (I Failed IT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

- psychometric test: standard numerical and verbal reasoning
    - competency based interview.
    - chronological interview (your motivations)

Pretty fair interview process. Few thing to watch out for:
    1. People at this company can really be in love with Barclays, which says a lot about the company. Make sure that everything you do or say CANNOT be interpreted as you are trying to undermine the company in any way.
    2. Part of the feed-back I got was that I was "too calm" in the interview, this coupled with my not so well structured answers gave the feeling that Barclays was not nervous in the interview therefore did not want the job badly enough.

They give pretty good feedback even if you do not get the job, definitely worth applying.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you stop on the corporate ladder?   View Answer

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

The total process took 2 months and included several steps
    - CV screening

- Online tests: Situational Judgement Questionnaire, Numerical and Verbal tests :These tests are not too hard if you train your pace beforehand.

- 2 interviews (telephone and skype): During the interview, questions were asked about motivation, compentencies and personality. I had to give examples of situations in which I had shown certain skills.

- Assessment Center

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

Submit my c.v online and lucky enough was invited to interview the about 2 weeks after. Interview is competency based you get the four or five questions area before hand so think of possible questions based on them and you be. Have a lot of examples helps show you know what you talking about have done it before. Only decide to write this because I found reviews and tips on here helpful so why not help future applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Questions not really difficult . Just prepare practice practice practice and you have a high chance to succeed. Biggest tip is , go to nearest branch and ask 4 help how prepare etc I decided do the same and I think it gave me a better chance of standing out. So go the xtra mile if u want it that bad I guess   Answer Question