Barclays

Updated 18 Jan 2015
Updated 18 Jan 2015

3.1

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

First an application form with three questions including your motivations behind applying to barclays and a question dedicated to barclays values. This is followed by a culture test and questionnaire and then a numerical test. If you pass this stage successfully you have a telephone interview. This is an HR interview so do not expect anything really technical

Interview Questions
    • If you had to summarise some complex information and present it to a senior employee how would you feel + give and example of doing something similar recently   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Online tests then interviews then assessment centre. The online tests are a bit different to usual. There is a strange multiple choice personality and some fairly benign logical questions. You could write a script that would cover almost every answer to the interview questions.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Initial contact via employment agency who reviewed my career history with the intention of filtering for suitability to present for interview. Client reviewed, scheduled an interview where I was face-to-face with the head of department and an incumbent team leader.

Interview Questions
    Terms were clear at commencement of recruitment process.

Summer Analyst Interview

Online tests and standard questions on behaviours etc. All industry standard and self explanatory. Interview quite difficult - comprised of one to one questions with senior management, again based around behaviours 'tell me about a time you worked well in a team'. Group exercise was a puzzle we had to solve in a time limit - quite challenging. Finally there was a case study taken on iPads and an interview afterwards where you were required to qualify your decision given the data.

Sales Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Online application. Online test. Phone interview. Accessment Center.

It took them about 2,3 weeks from online app to phone interview. And I just had my phone interview and the HR told me they don't have a fixed time to get back to me after that because they still have some candidates to interview etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you follow the market news and lots of competency based questions.

But they will change up their way of asking and its up to you to interprets. The HR will only repeat the questions exactly as it is, and won't paraphrase. To be honest, it's possibly my worst phone interview.

They also asked about ethics.

Answer Question

Business Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays.

Applied for the job directly and was sent an email to answer three questionnaires online through the Barclays portal. Split into three sections, with various introductory sections, it took around an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly easy, however the maths section is incredibly difficult.   View Answer

Summer Technology Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays in December 2014.

After filling in the online form which was not too long. You then invited to do a technical test and a personality questionnaire, which will take a very long time to complete. Then I was given a phone interview, you can of course choose your slot. The interviewer was very direct, asking questions after question rather then being conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions on the phone interview such as:
      How do you put your point across?
      Why finance industry?
      How do you ensure completion of a large project?

Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in December 2014.

Straightforward application process:
    1. Online Application
    some background information + 3 competency questions
    2. Telephone Interview (Strength Based)
    12 questions in 20 minutes, try to back up your answers with some examples
    3. Assessment Day
    - Group Exercise
    - One-to-one Strength Based Interview
    - Individual Presentation

Interview Questions
    • How you build up relationships, and what do you do to ensure that your relationship is reliable   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays in December 2014.

Online tests and questionnaire, telephone interview, and assessment day with 45 min interview, presentation and group exercise.
    Presentation was a timed desk simulation, where you have to find information about a company decision from emails and articles which are emailed to you. Then you prepare a 5 minute presentation and answer questions. The most important thing is that you have reasons for you recommendations and can stand up to being questioned.

Operations Analyst Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in November 2014.

I applied online on late November, and did 3 online test including a situational judgement test, a personality test and a numerical test. and wait for a week to recieve the phone interview by HR. the PI took roughly around 40 mins, and got invited to assessment centre at the same day and recieved the offer at the same day.

Interview Questions
    • whats the top 3 global agenda and how it impacts the division you have applied to?   Answer Question
    no negotiation