Barclays

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

3.1

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Quick response, online tests to assess numerical and verbal skills. Long delay until interview stage - 6 weeks from application closing date to face to face interview.

Poor interview experience as they had advertised incorrect information regarding role. Different location and entirely different role. Total waste of my time as wouldn't have applied for the role in the first place.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you have had to engage and communicate with several stakeholders.   Answer Question
    • Talk me through an example of where you have had to manage an under performing team member.   Answer Question

Location differed from what was advertised and the role was nothing like what attracted me to it in the first place.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

phone interview. Strength based 12 questions. Nothing too hard, to be honest.
    assessment day. 2 interviews and trading game. Be prepared for the trading, find a previous analyst or something who has done it, and find out what the optimal strategy is, and stick to it, do not be confused, and it should be easy from then on.
    Interviews were standard, but also with the people you will be working with, try and give off your hard working personality and things like that.

Interview Questions
    • when have you worked with large data sets?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays.

Did a spring internship the previous year and so was offered a fast track assessment centre for the Summer internship. A 45 minute strengths based interview and a 45 minute technical interview. Then a group exercise and a calendar prioritisation exercise. Originally had phone interview and another assessment centre for my spring week.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview strength based. Technical interview was vague and not too focused   Answer Question

Intern Interview

online application with motivational questions followed by telephone interview. it was quite an easy and friendly telephone interview and they call you in about two weeks to let you know your result.

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

First an application form with three questions including your motivations behind applying to barclays and a question dedicated to barclays values. This is followed by a culture test and questionnaire and then a numerical test. If you pass this stage successfully you have a telephone interview. This is an HR interview so do not expect anything really technical

Interview Questions
    • If you had to summarise some complex information and present it to a senior employee how would you feel + give and example of doing something similar recently   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Online tests then interviews then assessment centre. The online tests are a bit different to usual. There is a strange multiple choice personality and some fairly benign logical questions. You could write a script that would cover almost every answer to the interview questions.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Initial contact via employment agency who reviewed my career history with the intention of filtering for suitability to present for interview. Client reviewed, scheduled an interview where I was face-to-face with the head of department and an incumbent team leader.

Interview Questions
    Terms were clear at commencement of recruitment process.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays in January 2015.

After an online questionnaire that lasted around one hour, you were invited in for an assessment interview. This lasted for one hour and several key questions were asked. The questions were based on the communication, customer service, drive and excellence

Interview Questions
    • Explain one of the challenges you faced and what your decision was   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Online tests and standard questions on behaviours etc. All industry standard and self explanatory. Interview quite difficult - comprised of one to one questions with senior management, again based around behaviours 'tell me about a time you worked well in a team'. Group exercise was a puzzle we had to solve in a time limit - quite challenging. Finally there was a case study taken on iPads and an interview afterwards where you were required to qualify your decision given the data.

Sales Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Online application. Online test. Phone interview. Accessment Center.

It took them about 2,3 weeks from online app to phone interview. And I just had my phone interview and the HR told me they don't have a fixed time to get back to me after that because they still have some candidates to interview etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you follow the market news and lots of competency based questions.

But they will change up their way of asking and its up to you to interprets. The HR will only repeat the questions exactly as it is, and won't paraphrase. To be honest, it's possibly my worst phone interview.

They also asked about ethics.

Answer Question