Barclays

189 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Banking Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in December 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview for the corporate banking (Risk) graduate scheme. Fairly standard questions including ....why Barclays? Why Barclays Corporate? Why Risk? What is the difference between Barclays Corporate and other parts of the company.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you came across a problem working within a team, and what did you do to overcome this problem.   Answer Question

Vacation Scheme Interview

Interviewed at Barclays

Interview Details Telephone Interview - Strengths based. lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Do other people think you are self driven?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in February 2014.

Interview Details online application, 60min assessment on verbal and numerical reasoning (not very complex, simple spreadsheet work mixed with translating graphs into factual statements - all multiple choice), then 1.5hr interview at next stage

Interview Question – nothing unexpected - only advice I'd give is to prepare lots of examples for each of the competencies (they tell you beforehand which ones you'll be asked about)   Answer Question

Trading Intern Interview

London, England

I interviewed at Barclays in November 2013.

Interview Details phone interview competency based, scripted and very standard, try to be engaging though. assessment centre was competencies but the traders asking them wanted to get onto more technical side/brainteasers. I am a maths student so one of them asked me about the heat equation and proving compactness of the interval [a,b].

Interview Question – tell me a time you had to make a decision based on ethical issues   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Governance Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays in January 2014.

Interview Details This was an internal application and a sideways move. The initial interview was over the phone. I think they use that option when they have a lot of applicants. Questions asked were around what I would do in the first 90 days on the job, tell us about the products you've worked on in Barclays. What is Conduct Risk? What are the issues facing the Bank from external regulators.

Interview Question – Unexpected question I got asked was what I would do in the first 90 days. My answer centred more around how I would develop myself within the role. However I was told during the feedback session that I should have said things like understanding their objectives, the team'Ss dynamics and how I can contribute to ensure the objective is achieved.   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Collector
Manchester, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays in July 2013.

Interview Details Standard online application.
Online Pscyhometric tests.
Hour-long competency based interview.
Two week full time training period before normal hours commence.

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Crude Logistics Interview

Interviewed at Barclays

Interview Details one on one interview and group interview

Interview Question – opinion questions about the market, had to provide answers based on incomplete information   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Human Resources Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays in December 2013.

Interview Details Test Online + Phone Interview + Assessment Centre (individual interview, group exercise, role play).

Phone interview competency based and straight forward
Assessment Centre:
1) Competency based interview
2) Group exercise: solve a logical game in group, you cannot prepare in advance, just do it naturally
3) Role play about HR interacting with front office

Interview Question – The group exercise was pretty hard as critical thinking based, you have to react quicly   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Barclays.

Interview Details I applied online and had an face-to-face interview mainly on statistics. After a couple of months I was invited to an assessment centre, where I had a trading game, math test and 4 interviews.

Interview Question – Writing an mathematical algorithm (in any coding language) and assessing its complexity   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Client Services
London, England

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays in January 2013.

Interview Details Applied online through their portal, told application received.
2 weeks later email from HR inviting me to their head office for testing.
Testing lasted 45 minutes at 8am, very easy if you are british, not easy if foreign. (Numerical test is how do you write figures into numbers e.g. one thousand six hundred and twenty four dollars and ninety cents - $1,624.99. Reasoning test is reading a paragraph and saying what is true, false or unanswerable. English test is spelling e.g. what is the same as 'wave of water' currant or current. 4th test is speed/accuracy - you are given two sheets of paper with the same 40 lines, in some lines there are mistakes on sheet B which are not on sheet A, you need to circle these). Like I said, very easy testing.
When you pass this, you are invited to a 5 minute call with someone from the language you speak i.e. French, a French lady from France will call you for a quick chat just to test your French.
When you pass this, you are invited to a competency based interview with the future manager.
This is very easy, just remind yourself of their competencies, values and use the STAR formation to answer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you made a decision you regret.
Tell me a time you made an ambitious goal.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was too low and hours were too early.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays interview questions and advice. All 189 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Barclays employees and interview candidates.