Barclays

Very Difficult Interview

Apprentice -≫ Technical Analyst Interview

Apprentice -≫ Technical Analyst
Knutsford, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays in September 2012.

Interview Details Assessment day - lots of different activities
Individual and group based

Spag-mallow
Draw the global map and pin places on there
Short - unprepared presentation

Walked away feeling I want actually going back there as the day was a full day and it was a very strenuous task meeting and working with almost 50 other applicants

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available for the role

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in October 2013.

Interview Details Some candidates are sent to an assessment center. I went through a recruitment agency and straight to the following due to experience:
Online profiling/personality test.
Face to Face interview.
Second interview with initial interviewer's boss.
Presentation

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

Interview Details Submit my c.v online and lucky enough was invited to interview the about 2 weeks after. Interview is competency based you get the four or five questions area before hand so think of possible questions based on them and you be. Have a lot of examples helps show you know what you talking about have done it before. Only decide to write this because I found reviews and tips on here helpful so why not help future applicants.

Interview Question – Questions not really difficult . Just prepare practice practice practice and you have a high chance to succeed. Biggest tip is , go to nearest branch and ask 4 help how prepare etc I decided do the same and I think it gave me a better chance of standing out. So go the xtra mile if u want it that bad I guess   Answer Question

Any In Ukrb Interview

Any In Ukrb

Interviewed at Barclays

Interview Details competency based interview, you get a brief in advance. fairly straight forward however you do have to do an online test which is very very hard and maths based, it's timed so practice a lot

Interview Question – name a few firsts we have done   Answer Question

FLDP Interview

FLDP
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

Interview Details The total process took 2 months and included several steps
- CV screening

- Online tests: Situational Judgement Questionnaire, Numerical and Verbal tests :These tests are not too hard if you train your pace beforehand.

- 2 interviews (telephone and skype): During the interview, questions were asked about motivation, compentencies and personality. I had to give examples of situations in which I had shown certain skills.

- Assessment Center

Summer, Internal Audit (I Failed IT) Interview

Summer, Internal Audit (I Failed IT)
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

Interview Details - psychometric test: standard numerical and verbal reasoning
- competency based interview.
- chronological interview (your motivations)

Pretty fair interview process. Few thing to watch out for:
1. People at this company can really be in love with Barclays, which says a lot about the company. Make sure that everything you do or say CANNOT be interpreted as you are trying to undermine the company in any way.
2. Part of the feed-back I got was that I was "too calm" in the interview, this coupled with my not so well structured answers gave the feeling that Barclays was not nervous in the interview therefore did not want the job badly enough.

They give pretty good feedback even if you do not get the job, definitely worth applying.

Interview Question – Where would you stop on the corporate ladder?   View Answer

Vice President In Technology Interview

Vice President In Technology
London, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays.

Interview Details It is a long process with lots of interviews and tests but worth it. There were phone interviews then a 3 hour long behavioural interview followed by skill and technical interviews. I then had to meet senior stakeholders.

Interview Question – None. All fair and expected questions. Typical ones: what are your weaknesses? Why Barclays? What can you add to the organisation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fair.

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager

Interviewed at Barclays

Interview Details very rigorous, they will look at both academic qualities and personal qualities. you must fir the team. you must do your research beforehand. no waffle, be straight in your answer and be sure to have examples from previous experience.

Interview Question – Various.   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Commercial Manager
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays in October 2010.

Interview Details Relatively straight forward behavioural and competency based interviews with two different managers, one being the hiring manager and the other from a different area, I assume to add extra perspective, very limited HR involvement. Not especially friendly, but not overly aggressive.

Interview Question – All quite standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was good but had impression there was little scope to negotiate

Customer Relations Executive Interview

Customer Relations Executive
Cardiff, Wales

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in February 2014.

Interview Details Competency based interview

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you were the role model for the team?   Answer Question

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!