Barclays Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

3.1

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Four stages to the process. At stage one I had to facilitate a session with the prospective team I would be working with, I was then told my the director that this was a positive change to improving the interview process and making it shorter. Unfortunately, this did not hold true as I went to Barclays another three times to do the standard interview process.

On the final interview, I was told to expect a values interview, however when I arrived, the director I met, said he didn't know what role I was interviewing for and had just been told to interview me. When we did eventually find a room to go to, he didn't asked me values questions, rather my opinions in banking and where I though Barclays fitted in banking.

Two weeks later I received a call; to say that they had ceased recruitment of this role and that they may look for someone in 6 months. but that they would prefer to recruit someone internally! Clearly I was unimpressed and felt that my time had been wasted.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (London, England).

Interview

first round telephone: relaxed, very friendly, gave good feedback post interview.
    had to fill in online form, answer a few questions. heard bac after two months. invited to first round telephone interview
    why barclays
    why ibd
    strengths/ weaknesses.

seems like a good place to work, good programme.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (London, England).

Interview

2 interviews 30 mins each. Run by Associate and Senior investment banker. Very friendly atmosphere, but questions are highly technical. Make sure to use all available technical questions to practice well structured delivery during interview.

Interview Questions

• Why /investment banking? Tell me about DDM? What is the IPO process...   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays (City of London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

App direct to Barclays. Telephone interview, online psychometric test then assessment centre encompassing competency and business line interview plus a 15 minute presentation on an innovation I launched in my current role. All fairly standard and to be expected for a role at this level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about relationships you have formed and how these affect your professional network. How you keep your network up to date and what you do to stay abreast of market developments.   Answer Question

Content Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in March 2015.

Interview

A long process, form the initial application on their careers page, through to the telephone interviews. Two telephone interviews, the first being technical, and the second being their values and competency based interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about learning new technologies.   1 Answer

Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays in March 2015.

Interview

application form- numerical test 1 personality test and 1 behavioural test- telephone interview- final telephone interview. it was a strength based interview, sometimes the questions dont expect you to give examples but i will advice you give examples using the STAR method. Barclays HR are friendly so take your time in structuring your answer.
    also HR is taking notes, there might be a min of silence after your answer, hold on for the next question dont extend your answer so you dont ramble

Interview Questions

• why barclays
      what does inclusion mean to you
      how do you build relationship
      do you like to work in a diverse environment

1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Quick response, online tests to assess numerical and verbal skills. Long delay until interview stage - 6 weeks from application closing date to face to face interview.

Poor interview experience as they had advertised incorrect information regarding role. Different location and entirely different role. Total waste of my time as wouldn't have applied for the role in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have had to engage and communicate with several stakeholders.   Answer Question
    • Talk me through an example of where you have had to manage an under performing team member.   Answer Question

Location differed from what was advertised and the role was nothing like what attracted me to it in the first place.

Vice President Corporate Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Business line interview focussing in on skills and background and the degree to which there is a match between what both sides are looking for and what's on offer. No formal evaluation took place in terms of testing qualitative or quantitative ability. The interview was simply a discussion based around competencies.

Interview Questions

• Identify the biggest weakness in my self and how to overcome that weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating phase has been biggest stumbling block - simply because the process is pitiful, not because they were not prepared to negotiate. HR has no authority to negotiate salaries but are in charge of negotiations... Go figure!

Trainee Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poole, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays (Poole, England) in February 2015.

Interview

it was too long, and has 4 rounds on the same day, which was tiring and the worst part was the aptitude test, which includes 48 questions to complete in just 20 minutes, which is physically impossible.

Interview Questions

• demonstrate with an eg barclays values   1 Answer

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview. Strength based 12 questions. Nothing too hard, to be honest.
    assessment day. 2 interviews and trading game. Be prepared for the trading, find a previous analyst or something who has done it, and find out what the optimal strategy is, and stick to it, do not be confused, and it should be easy from then on.
    Interviews were standard, but also with the people you will be working with, try and give off your hard working personality and things like that.

Interview Questions

• when have you worked with large data sets?   1 Answer