Barlow Lyde & Gilbert

Candidate Interview Review

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert in July 2009.

There were 2 interviews involved, first by a trainee and an HR person, who asked general questions about my application, such as why I chose my Alevel subjects etc. The second interview was with two partners, both lasted about 35 minutes.
    The latter interview was a bit more challenging with questions such as why law, why this firm, and also hypothetical scenarios and ethical issues which have no obvious right/wrong answer, the main thing they wanted to know was whether I could back up my own views and argue coherently.
    Both interviews were relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • If your friend was seriously injured and you had to get him to a hospital, would you speed and go through a red light?   Answer Question