Barlow Lyde & Gilbert

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainee Solicitor Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert in July 2009.

Interview Details There were 2 interviews involved, first by a trainee and an HR person, who asked general questions about my application, such as why I chose my Alevel subjects etc. The second interview was with two partners, both lasted about 35 minutes.
The latter interview was a bit more challenging with questions such as why law, why this firm, and also hypothetical scenarios and ethical issues which have no obvious right/wrong answer, the main thing they wanted to know was whether I could back up my own views and argue coherently.
Both interviews were relaxed.

Interview Question – If your friend was seriously injured and you had to get him to a hospital, would you speed and go through a red light?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Barlow Lyde & Gilbert? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert Trainee Solicitor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Barlow Lyde & Gilbert employees and interview candidates.