Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Torrance, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied and within a couple weeks was asked back for an interview. It only took up to 10 minutes with the Store Manager who was polite, professional and kind.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Warwick, RI (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied in person on April 9th, got set up for an interview date on the spot for the next day at 10am. Was interviewed by a supervisor and manager on same day. The interview started off with questions about my previous job then general interview questions. Got a call back on the 14th being offered a position

Interview Questions

• Why are you not working at your pervious job?   Answer Question
    • What are some things you had to do at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • If you were busy stocking a shelf and you received a walkie from a supervisor asking you to come to the office as soon as possible but a customer needed help with something what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If a couple came in looking to create a Wedding Registry, how would you start the process?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

They called me over the phone and asked me the general intervew questions. Then we scheduled a face to face interview. It lasted about an hour. It was a standard retail interview. There was a short video and a question and answer after it. Then there was yet another interview! Then I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Marina, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

One on one general questionsasked questions on jb history. Why I would like to be employed their,Where I see myself in five years. I asked about benefits and job security.

Interview Questions

• Gaps in unemployment, experience in retail   1 Answer
    • I felt the interview went well,I felt a little nervous, not sure how to answer back ground check.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Webster, NY (US)).

Interview

So after going into the store and filling out a paper application (I also included my own resume attached) I waited a few days to see if they'd reach out. Based on my interactions with the employees and the stack of blank applications they had sitting by the entrance, it was pretty apparent that they were in need of hiring some new staff.

I called back after about a week and was told that the manager was unavailable but to call back later on to schedule an interview. I called back 2 days later and scheduled my interview for a Saturday morning. I dressed in business casual attire and was very professional throughout. Upon entering the store and indicating that I was there for an interview, I was told the manager wasn't in yet but if I was available to come back in at 2PM there was a chance she could squeeze me in for an interview.

At this point, I was annoyed because I had already canceled plans I had for the day for this first interview and now had to delay my day more for it again.

I show up at 2PM only to find out the manager never showed (or at least that's what I was told). No one even had the decency to call me on the number listed on my application to let me know that the interview would have to be rescheduled for a 2nd time. I left visibly annoyed with no intentions of rescheduling.

A few days later I get a call from what is allegedly the manager apologizing for the confusion and asking if I could come in on a Thursday ( I am a student and had to skip class) for an interview. I agree and show up at the date and time selected by the manager. I waited for about 25 minutes before I was finally taken to the back offices. My interview was conducted standing up by a copy machine and lasted about 10 minutes.

I left under the impression that while I nailed my interview and probably exceeded the expectations of what they were expecting of a young person applying for a retail position, there was absolutely no way I was getting hired.

I was correct. I never received a phone call email or any communication from the store manager or any associates again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      Do you have previous retail experience?

Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with an HR manager and then the District Manager. I was immediately turned off with the fact that I was interviewing for a "management" position and neither one of them had even read my resume, cover letter or application prior to the interview. I had applied on-line and then contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview. The location I had applied for (listed in the job posting and discussed with the recruiter) was not even open and I was told the location I would be interviewing for was in a completely different city. A brief overview of the job and what it's requirements were not even explained until I asked This interview was a complete waste of time.
    Just an Fyi...a Dept. Manager doesn't just manage one Dept. and they manage no employees. If you really want a job there, make sure you emphasize repeatedly that you LOVE LOVE LOVE merchandising. That's what they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you didn't follow company guidelines?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock Replenishment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Tualatin, OR (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process Took 3 days. I applied on snag a job.com than received a phone call the next day to come in and fill an application. I than did a preliminary interview with the assistant store manager and received a second interview set up on the spot. Two days later I went in for an interview but it wasn't an interview, it was just describing protocol and payroll and everything. I got the job offer at the end of the interview.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

So I was really excited to go on this interview with Bed Bath & Beyond. I completely dedicated a work day of 8 hours of 7 people interviewing me. After I completed the interviews, HR said they will let me know within a week. He ensured me that he will contact me regardless of the outcome and provide me feedback. After 2 weeks I had sent a follow up email, no answer. 3 more days I had called and left a message. (while I can see the actual HR recruiter active on linked in- I know he is clearly near a computer.)

Overall- I felt like they were extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. 1 star

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

First interview was with the HR manager for the district. Second interview was with the District manager. Conversations center on your ability to think on your feet, and guest service. They are a very decentralized company, managers are expected to make decisions on there own using there experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the company? Important to do your research, conveys your passion, and commitment.   1 Answer

Front End Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

I had to literally do 3 interviews for an eight dollar per hour starting position for the job. I should have known the position's work would far exceed what was actually compensated for based on the number of interviews I went through. It's ok as starting job but moving up in the company is sheer luck.

Interview Questions

• My most unexpected question was what would I say to the customer who wanted to buy a horse.   1 Answer

Negotiation

$8.00 is the most they will start out at. I requested $7.75 but my reference was so good that they started me out at 8 no questions asked.