Best Buy Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,644 interviews

2.4

Inventory and Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wesley Chapel, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied to Best Buy online and within two days later I received a phone call which was my phone interview which was approx. 5 minutes. She then said he would send that along to the next supervisor which would be over the department I was applying for. Within two days after the phone interview I got a call from the supervisor asking if I could come in the next day for the 2nd interview which approx. lasted 10 minutes and everything went smoothly everyone was nice! He then he would forward my application to the General Manager (GM) for the final interview. Within three days after the 2nd interview I got a phone call for my last and final interview the next day with the General Manager as to where he hired me and asked what I was willing to get paid!

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: 'Have you ever seen an associate stealing? What should happen to them?"   View Answers (2)
    Atleast negotiate $1.00 up from pay

Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

*Did the online app

*Gotta call exactly a week later for the phone interview

*Went in for the 2nd interview, went great, said I would get a call in 3-5 days for the 3rd and final interview, when reality the called me, not even an hour after the second interview, for the last one

*Met the GM, he was funny and I got hired on the spot.

*All in all great people, awesome experience and I'm really looking forward to working with them!!

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy interview. nothing out of the ordinary!! :)   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Applied Sunday night, received call Monday morning to go in for interview next day.
    First interview was with department supervisor, general questions "tell me a time when" "what if you saw this" WWYD" things of that nature. After that a week went by.
    Second interview with GM , Job offered after that drug and background testing took about 5 days.

Interview Questions
    I asked for way less and they gave me more. No negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Phone Screen-Interview with AM-General Manager Interview-Standard questions;" Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?", "Tell me about a time that there was a conflict in the work environment.

Standard Big Corp questions looking for ways to overcome adversity, teamwork, self motivation etc.

CEM Interview

Be yourself, and know your business, and use words you know. If you follow the rules and are a good people person you will be successful. The best thing is know the market and community you work with in.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Braintree, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Applied the job online, got a called for interview about 3 weeks later. I went in and have an interview with the GM, The interview very laid back. The GM took me to the backroom, she ask me about 10-14 questions about my work experience, the situation how to deal with other people. The interview last 10-15 minutes. I got hired on the spot. She told me do the drug test and came back in a week later to do the orientation. I started work the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want work here?
      What should you do if a customer ask but you don't know the answer?
      Tell me about yourself?
        Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Everything was great. He spoke about the company and what I would be doing. I already know a lot about tvs. They helped me with talking to customers. I picked it up quick and moved it fast. Just talk about how well you can talk to customers. You will do fine

Interview Questions
    • Nothing,just the basic questions you can find online or YouTube.   Answer Question
    Offer,take it or leave it

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Torrance, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA (US)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Never got a call or email I really want to work there. I want to start a career at best but. I called them and said is there any status they said by this week they will notify people for 2nd interviews.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

The general manager emailed me saying she had seen my resume on Indeed.com, asking me for an interview. I said yes, and got a phone call from an assistant manager on Saturday afternoon. Who calls on a Saturday? I had the interview Wednesday of the same week. He said I would be interviewing with the GM and that he put it on her calendar, but when I got there she was at lunch. So I interviewed with yet another assistant manager, who didn't even work in the customer service section. He didn't seem particularly interested in having to do an interview. He asked the list of questions off his sheet and wrote a lot of what I said. He really didn't ask any follow up questions or give much feedback. The whole thing lasted maybe 10 minutes. He said that they had 3 more interviews that day to do and that I would get an email. I did a couple days later informing me of my rejection. Questions were basic, like Why Best Buy? and Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tyler, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

The interview process is lengthy. You have multiple interviews within the company. The process can be time consuming as most times the do a mass hiring especially during the busy seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? as being a kid still in high school this question can seem like the hardest to answer.   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!