Best Buy

1,757 Interview Reviews

2.4

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Kinda awesome how it went, at first I applied for the home theater position & got called and did an over the phone interview, then I got called for a second interview with one of the managers a week later; after calling them during the week they mentioned they found someone else for the position but suggested that there was an open position for a seasonal customer service specialist and so they told me to come in for a third interview instead of the position I initially applied for I was going to be having a third interview for a cashier position so I went in for the third & and an hour later I got called that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were:
      - Why best buy.
      - Previous job history/how was your experience in previous job.
      - What special skill do you have that relates to the position you're applying for.
      - They asked to tell them about your self.
      - What do you think should be the punishment for someone that steals.
      - and ask questions.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Best Buy.

Too many interviews to actually get the job...I went through 4 and it took 5 months before they actually decided to hire me. Early on, one of the people who interviewed me was a new hire who had only been there 2 days. Seriously? You put a newbie out there to interview folks expecting that this person is going to know if the candidate is a good fit for your company, culture and specific job?

Interview Questions
    • I had all sorts of unexpected questions. Early on they were asking me questions about a position that I hadn't even applied for. I had to ask them why they brought me in if I didn't apply for this job and didn't have anything on my resume, no key words, no experience even related to it. I'll leave it at that.   Answer Question
    Lengthy...

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring supervisor probably two weeks later. I had a short screening interview during that first call - was I still interested? What area of the store did I think I would best fit? A brief overview of the job, etc. I went in for a first in-person interview a day later with a supervisor. Basic STAR questions - tell me about a time when/tell me how you turned a negative experience into a positive, etc. - and then was called back in for a final interview with my department's manager. Very similar questions. Was offered the job during that interview, pending background/drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question I'd never been asked during an interview - "How do you think a store should respond to employee theft?"   View Answer
    There was a little negotiation room.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

The manager was very professional, clean, neat and polite. He used excellent grammar during the interview process. I was asked about myself and then the usual interview questions. At no time during the interview did I feel uncomfortable, after it was over he advised me that I would receive a phone call whether I was hired or not. I was called the very next day and accepted the position.

NO negotiations

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Just the first step of phone interview, information collection. The HR consultant was quite friendly but she insisted to know my expectation of salary which I have to at least give her a range. Other than that, the interview was quite smooth and normal. She said she would discuss with hire manager about the next step actions and I'm still waiting...

Interview Questions
    • Salary range which I supposed to be asked in a later stage of interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interviewed via phone (jobs were several hours away from home location) with District staff and General Manager. Very straightforward questions and friendly atmosphere via phone. I was competing between two stores and two different manager positions. Since the interview, the positions have consolidated and I'm sure their interview process has changed drastically.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness and what is your strength.   View Answer
    They had a maximum pay increase (I was already a Supervisor), but they did offer relocation benefits that were generous.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

2 interviews, it was quite simple. The first interview is with the operations manager, where most of the questions take place. If you pass that, you go to the general manager. She basically talked up the company to me the majority of the interview

Customer Service Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

3 interviews, one over the phone, one in person. Usually the 3rd comes when yore told you're going to have another interview. At the end of your 2nd interview. And my 3rd was with the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a time where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with. (some variation of that question)   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Easy, 2 interviews, one with manager other with store manager. Basic questions, if you know about tech already it is a big bonus. Dress business causal, button up and slacks are fine. Absolutely do not wear sneakers.

Demand Forecast Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Applied through career center on-campus. First round interviews were held on-campus, consisted of two 30 minute interviews. Most questions were all behavioral. Got called back in for final round interview. The final round consisted of a group dinner the night before the interviews, then a critical thinking assessment, three 30 minute interviews, and a tour.

Interview Questions
    • If you were forecasting something and your forecast error was consistently high, what steps would you take to lower the error?   Answer Question