Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,668 Interview Reviews

2.4

Inventory and Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wesley Chapel, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied to Best Buy online and within two days later I received a phone call which was my phone interview which was approx. 5 minutes. She then said he would send that along to the next supervisor which would be over the department I was applying for. Within two days after the phone interview I got a call from the supervisor asking if I could come in the next day for the 2nd interview which approx. lasted 10 minutes and everything went smoothly everyone was nice! He then he would forward my application to the General Manager (GM) for the final interview. Within three days after the 2nd interview I got a phone call for my last and final interview the next day with the General Manager as to where he hired me and asked what I was willing to get paid!

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: 'Have you ever seen an associate stealing? What should happen to them?"   View Answers (2)
    Atleast negotiate $1.00 up from pay

Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

I applied online, the next day I was called to set up an interview. The day after that I met with a manager and completed my interview. They liked me, so they got the general manager to complete my second interview the same day. The GM liked me, so he offered me the job on the spot. We negotiate pay, and I accepted the offer. Whole process took 3 days. After this, I had to complete background check and drug screen process prior to reporting to work.

Interview Questions
    • None. Almost every question I was asked It started with, "describe a time where.... (then the question)".; ex. would be - dealt with irate customer.   Answer Question
    I was asked what was fair, I answered. They stated a different pay range, then looked up my qualifications and offered a better pay.

Connected Supervisor Interview

interviewed at Best Buy in May 2010.

It's was pretty long about three weeks. First interview with supervisor then manager and then gm. It was a group interview first then sat down with a manager who was OK but I could tell he had no sales experience lol...the gm asks loss prevention questions and trick question to see if you are a liar. Nothing crazy unless you are lying then it's really hard.

None

Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

The interview was pretty simple. It consisted of a phone interview, then an in-store interview, follow by an interview with the GM of the store and one of the managers. All questions were basic cookie cutter, such as where do you see yourself in 5 years? what was your worst retail experience?, and how do you handle negative feedback?

Interview Questions
    What you would expect from retail.

Sales Consultant - Tablets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

Mainly looking for individuals who are motivated and excited about selling tech. They are very willing to train and are very good at it. If you are willing to learn what they want to teach then you are the person for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when you notice another associate taking a soda or candy bar and not paying for it?   View Answer
    Great as a first or entry level job. The sales training is excellent.

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online and interview with the Manager then final interview is with the GM. From the time the online recruiter called to the time that you are brought in for an interview was about a month. If you apply during the holidays, the time is shorter. You are temporary for holiday help and if they like you, they will find a way to keep you. Have answers ready for relationship building skills.

Interview Questions
    • Is it ever okay to take something without paying for it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

The 1st Interview consisted of a packet that ask questions regarding circumstances. For example: "Tell me a time when you went the mile for a customer or person"? Or "Tell me a situation where the customer had a problem, what was the outcome and what did you do"? I would say to make sure to write down or think of times before the interview when these situations might happen. Also think of reasons why working at Best Buy interests you. They will ask, "Tell me about yourself"? Make sure you express that you work GREAT with teams and give examples. Also when telling about yourself make sure you point out achievements in your life and a little personal. Do not seem like a boring person, but don't outdue yourself either.

The 2nd interview will be with the General Manager or the store. This may seem scary but the two that I have worked with are very friendly. But it does not mean they aren't paying attention to you. This should be all about personality. They will ask you kind of the same questions as the 1st interview but with him/her.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions. Every seemed to be normal. Nothing out of the ordinary interview.   View Answer
    Able to negotiate position/title. If they feel you may not belong in that place they can move you. They don't negotiate salary nor starting out Part-time. They work mostly internally. Even mangers must work their way up from the bottom.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Will hire anyone that can pass a drug screen and answer simple questions. I would never take a Best Buy employee's personal knowledge into effect on my purchase decision. They know less than you do.

You get what they offer you, or you don't get hired.

Geek Squad, Autotech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

Did the third interview today with the GM, but afraid I wasn't quick enough with my answers. It's always difficult to talk about yourself, so try to be prepared to talk about yourself. Some questions you expect to be asked, but you should really prepare an answer before you go in. The first 2 interviews went well and I felt that I was definitely getting the job. I heard a lot of people say that they got hired on the spot after the third interview which concerns me because I know I am more qualified than any other applicants even with more experience and I'm a very bright and hard working individual. Remember that you have to convince them that you're a good employee instead of showing them. At the end of the interview he said he wanted to make sure they were hiring the best person for the job and wanted to complete the other applicant's interviews. He told me not to be discouraged and be patient, so I'm not sure if he was politely telling me I didn't get the job. It would be super disappointing with the way this last year has gone. I'm just going to stay positive and hope that they realize I would be an asset to the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is important when selling something to a customer.   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Just a simple interview. Its more about you as a person than your knowledge on products. Let them know what figuring out what the customer will be using the product for is important in the sales process.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!