Best Buy

Updated 21 Nov 2014
1,767 Interview Reviews

2.4

Merchandising Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

phone interview, had 2, 1 on 1 in person interviews with two managers. asked basically have you worked in a team environment. They also asked about stealing a lot. All in all the experience of the job interview was pleasant. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Was asked to come in a few days after completing the online application. The first interview was very casual, simple meet & greet. Afterwards I got interviewed by the General Manager and Assistant Manager.

Interview Questions
    • They were all basic retail questions calling on past work experience.   View Answer
    There was none.

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring supervisor probably two weeks later. I had a short screening interview during that first call - was I still interested? What area of the store did I think I would best fit? A brief overview of the job, etc. I went in for a first in-person interview a day later with a supervisor. Basic STAR questions - tell me about a time when/tell me how you turned a negative experience into a positive, etc. - and then was called back in for a final interview with my department's manager. Very similar questions. Was offered the job during that interview, pending background/drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question I'd never been asked during an interview - "How do you think a store should respond to employee theft?"   View Answer
    There was a little negotiation room.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview was fairly simple. They do a quick phone interview and then proceed to have you come in for a 1:1 interview with the Assistant Manager. Just prepared to answer how you would deal with difficult situations, like with customers or co-workers. Or "when was a time you went beyond the call of duty for a customer"? If the Assistant Manager likes you they will set up a time with the General Manager of the store at a later date for a follow up interview. I had to cancel my second interview as I ended up taking another job. So unfortunately I cannot provide more information on that. Don't get nervous about the interview process, nothing crazy. I thought it was interesting that the phone interview they told me not to wear jeans for the first interview, isn't that obvious?

Interview Questions
    • They like to ask how you would solve an issue with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Easy, just come professional, be yourself, and make sure you give Eye Contact. Some interviews may be in 3 different parts with 3 different people. Best Buy Rocks though

Computer Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Best Buy.

The questions are very easy and cliche'. "Tell me about a time you took lead in a project etc. Google the questions and they will appear. The easiest way to get hire is apply during the holidays and work diligently and they will keep you after the season is over

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Best Buy.

Referral. Easy basic questions. Why do you want to work here, talk about past experiences, strengths, weaknesses, understanding of technology, sales experience.no phone interview , in person which was one on one. Also want to know how well you do in a team environment. Also remember it is minimum wage and no commision

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Kinda awesome how it went, at first I applied for the home theater position & got called and did an over the phone interview, then I got called for a second interview with one of the managers a week later; after calling them during the week they mentioned they found someone else for the position but suggested that there was an open position for a seasonal customer service specialist and so they told me to come in for a third interview instead of the position I initially applied for I was going to be having a third interview for a cashier position so I went in for the third & and an hour later I got called that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were:
      - Why best buy.
      - Previous job history/how was your experience in previous job.
      - What special skill do you have that relates to the position you're applying for.
      - They asked to tell them about your self.
      - What do you think should be the punishment for someone that steals.
      - and ask questions.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Best Buy.

Too many interviews to actually get the job...I went through 4 and it took 5 months before they actually decided to hire me. Early on, one of the people who interviewed me was a new hire who had only been there 2 days. Seriously? You put a newbie out there to interview folks expecting that this person is going to know if the candidate is a good fit for your company, culture and specific job?

Interview Questions
    • I had all sorts of unexpected questions. Early on they were asking me questions about a position that I hadn't even applied for. I had to ask them why they brought me in if I didn't apply for this job and didn't have anything on my resume, no key words, no experience even related to it. I'll leave it at that.   Answer Question
    Lengthy...

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

The manager was very professional, clean, neat and polite. He used excellent grammar during the interview process. I was asked about myself and then the usual interview questions. At no time during the interview did I feel uncomfortable, after it was over he advised me that I would receive a phone call whether I was hired or not. I was called the very next day and accepted the position.

NO negotiations