Best Buy

Updated 13 Dec 2014
1,789 Interview Reviews

2.4

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

One interview, background check, and drug test. Standard retail interview. Most of the questions are situational questions. They will also most likely ask about your willingness to work the holidays and other peak business times.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, how you handled it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was excited to be making more than minimum wage. They pay was decent for a college student with very little job experience.

Cashier Interview

Very basic interview. Go through the typical online questions, if you pass those standardized questions you'll receive a call and have a face to face interview with pretty standard questions such as "Tell me about a situation when you had a difficult boss."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you were unable to complete a project.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

The bottom line is ... Who do you know. Don't let anyone fool you. This company is build on who ya know. Do not apply unless someone who is making the decision tells you to apply. With that being said, the interview doesn't matter

It's who you know.

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Had an initial interview with a supervisor that entailed very basic interview questions and preferences regarding department. The second interview was with the general manager and was similar and almost less specific than the initial interview.

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

You sit down with a manager and are asked a series of questions, none that are too difficult. A lot of questions asking what would you do if a certain situation happened. As long as you answer the questions well you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a coworker is taking too many days off?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Phone interview with very basic questions from a corporate recruiter. Tell me about your current position. Tell me about your most recent feedback session. Tell me about your must successful professional accomplishment. Tell me how you handle an under performing employee. I asked for feedback and recruiter said I didn't expound deep enough into building a diverse team or how I manged teams. Which I didn't feel the questions were suited to get those answers. Be prepared to give cultural inclusion answers and sway your answers towards building a team even if the interview questions dont.

Sales Associate Interview

It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill. It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill. It was easy and straight forward. They asked normal questions and were more worried about personality rather than skill.

Not negotiable

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Long overall process. About 5 interviews with there different manager. Must understand the company motto and overall p&l growth and overall development process. Must also have ability to speak in big groups and large function as well as add value

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied for the position online and it took less than a week for them to call me to set up an interview. The interview was set up for 2 pm on a Friday. The interviewer was almost an hour late. During the interview he was on the his phone. He was very unprofessional. I was offered the job and was told that I would be receiving a call the next day. He didn't call that day even after I called to check up on the process for almost a week. I eventually decided to call for one last time and I was told that they were not hiring anymore and the lady asked to take down my information and he would give me a call. I told her never mind because I was given the run around for a week for a job that I was initially told that I had. I will never shop at that particular Best Buy again.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Typical interview questions. "Name a time that you helped someone out in a time of need", "Name a time you went the extra mile for a customer", "Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Went through 4 interviews, 2 panels and DM and HR manager and most questions were off a scripted form. The panel interview was fun and if you know your stuff you should have no problem