BevMo

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details For my interview, I had two people interviewing both who were Assistant Managers. Pretty short interview with pretty basic questions. ex. tell me about yourself, past jobs, area of knowledge in alcohol, what would you if ____.

Interview Question – not really any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at BevMo in February 2013.

Interview Details It was fine.

Interview Question – Not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Stocker Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details One on One a few questions about your background and experience

Negotiation Details – Me and the store manager both worked at ralphs market so we had alot in common and hit it off right away

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details It was pretty slow but easy.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. it was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. It was simple to negotiate. I immediately got 10/hr off the bat which is the higher end of low paying wages.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details filled out application, they called back a week later for an interview, I went to interview and meet with store manager and was asked my retail experience and they asked my availability and then it took over two weeks to get hired in the store as this was the longest process but other than that some experience helps and if they like you in the interview you have a good chance of getting hired.

Interview Question – Easy interview with no curve balls, such question as what is your favorite drink   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation, as they say this is all we can offer and do you accept

Mira Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BevMo in January 2013.

Interview Details They asked standard questions. Very straight forward.They ask about past experiences and how you settled them.

Interview Question – Describe a problem and how you got out of it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details Online Application and resume upload. Went to the flagship store to be interviewed, and was essentially hired on the spot without any retail experience. Hiring Manager was very professional, but seemed very busy and unable to spend a lot of time interviewing. Was hired along with one other person, and began training almost immediately.

Interview Question – What knowledge do you have of different liquors?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Van Nuys, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BevMo in March 2012.

Interview Details The interview was a one on one intervew with the assistant manager, then later in the day I spoke with the store manager. It didn't take long to get hired but it did take 2 months for me to finally get settled in because of a delay on corporate's end. Other than that you start pretty fast which is kind of a bad thing because you need more time to get used to the store.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation. they just said i'd get 9 bucks and that's it

Ladera Heights, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo in September 2011.

Interview Details Interview was quick. They just asked what I liked to drink and how I would deal with a difficult customer.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It's $9/hr.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BevMo in October 2011.

Interview Details all they are looking for is someone that has at least half a brain, open availability that can work nights and weekends, and can id people and take money at the registers. easy. and thats if you even get that far. sometimes you are just a cart runner or a bagger.

Reason for Declining – base pay has been the same for past 12+ years.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BevMo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BevMo interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews are posted anonymously by BevMo employees and interview candidates.