BevMo Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
24 interviews

1.9

Director Interview

Had a pretty good conversation with the recruiter. Was told needed to wait until new vp started ton present candidates. Found it odd that over a period of waiting 2 months for someone to start and recruiter contacting me via email almost weekly that all of a sudden I was sent a rejection email.
    Why would they go through a screening process, ask if relocation assistance was needed, and ask if a bonus was needed before the hiring manager had a chance to start if they didn't know what the person was looking for? Also found it odd to be asked about relocation and bonus as part of a screening.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santee, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santee, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BevMo in November 2013.

I applied online and got called for an interview two weeks later. The manager did the interview standing at the front of the store. He asked about school as I am a student. He also asked about my availability. Depending on the location, they may hope you have knowledge of certain beverages over others. The online assessment is scenario-based questions and does not take too long. After the interview, I was asked to re-apply as a seasonal position. A bit sneaky of a move, but it was a good job for seasonal.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They started me at $9.00 which was a dollar above CA minimum wage and the pay everyone at that store got at first.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murrieta, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at BevMo in April 2013.

It was very awkward interview. The head cashier brought in five of us into a room and interviewed is all the same time. He would go from one person to the next person asking the same question over and over. The questions that he asked were not relevant to the position that we were applying for some of the information was personal and was awkward to share with the group.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the specific question but there were several personal questions asked it's inappropriate   Answer Question
    It was no negotiation they hired minimum-wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at BevMo in July 2014.

Applied maybe a month or so before hearing anything back. In fact it was so long I had forgotten I had applied there as this would be just a second part time job. Had two interviews, one with store manager then with assistant manager and immediately after the interview I was sent to do drug test. The interview was pretty easy, the store manager just went through my resume and asked "why did I leave this place and this place" and so on. I already currently work for a local winery and to my surprise my wine knowledge didn't come in to question. Second interview was more in depth about my involvement with the winery, pay, hours, and then to go pee in a cup. Today I just received through email all the information packets I needed to fill out. I wonder how training will go.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't given an option to negotiate as he said "we start all new employees at 9 an hour" but then went on to say something about getting me focused on the wine department or wine specialist or something and he said pay should go up.

Head Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BevMo in March 2013.

The interview was fairly relaxed and easy. I was asked for my favorite drink, how I would deal with associates or customers, how I would upsell, why I would be good for the position. All the standard questions.

Interview Questions
    I was offered the position and given the details and had an opportunity to negotiate, however, options were good and took the position without further negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BevMo in November 2013.

Applied online and followed up with a cold call walk in. Found store management to be friendly reasonably interesting. Store management was also very knowledgable of their products. As is now the norm, business cares even less about the employees than in years past.

No negotiation possible

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Centro, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Centro, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BevMo in October 2013.

Only one interview, they ask specific questions about the products we sell. We talked a little about my background. We discussed how my experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry would translate into this job. He asked what my sales experience was, and what my long term goals were.

Interview Questions
    They have a set starting rate and a review after 6 months.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Niguel, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo in September 2010.

Walk in-- then was called in for an interview

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

For my interview, I had two people interviewing both who were Assistant Managers. Pretty short interview with pretty basic questions. ex. tell me about yourself, past jobs, area of knowledge in alcohol, what would you if ____.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at BevMo in February 2013.

It was fine.

No negotiation.

Worked for BevMo? Contribute to the Community!