BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated 9 Sep 2014
Updated 9 Sep 2014

208 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Test Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry.

A single call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars), and then moved on to some software QA questions, very straight forward. I believe the key here is to show how enthusiastic you are and you should be okay.

Interview Questions
    • What is regression testing, Why do u want to be a tester   Answer Question
    No Nego.

Software Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied online through the BlackBerry site, was contacted less than a month later by email for a 30 minute phone interview. They sent an offer package a month or so later with about 10 documents that had to be signed and returned via the package that they sent. Overall it was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • What scripting/UNIX projects have you worked on (Difficult for me since I hadn't done any)   View Answer
    They pay for extra luggage bag, airfare (round trip), transport from/to airport and 2 nights in a hotel.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Only had one phone interview and there 2 people communicating with me over the phone. The interview lasted thirty minutes and I got a call back the week after my interview.

Statistical Methods Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Phone interview, easy going with 2 people usually one HR and another one in the department that you would be working with. Couple of questions of why you want to work at Blackberry or IT, your experience at your past jobs and your school history. Job was focused on handling big databases and your experience in excel (data validation, general analysis

Interview Questions
    • What type of chart would you use in excel if you had to measure an employee's share of hours on a monthly basis?   View Answer

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

1. Received email from recruiter to schedule an interview: she seemed very enthusiastic and organized
    2. Phone interview with manager with tech questions (software based, the usual ones)
    3. Phone interview with other manager about problem solving in general
    4. Webcam interview (puke!!) with team members, mostly same questions as # 2
    5. Assignment given: more technical questions, some problem solving questions
    6. In person with manager and director to review assignment and discuss hobbies
    7. Phone interview with VP to discuss career goals and hobbies
    8. Receive offer, accept offer, do background check, submit paperwork, begin working.

Total span was about 2 months from 1 to 8.

Interview Questions
    • How can you store extra information in a linked list without adding a new data member given that the memory is X byte aligned?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. My advice is not to be desperate and if you aren't happy, don't take it! Opt out of the bonus for an increase in base salary and ask for more OFFICIAL vacation.

Software Test Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2014.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2014.

It was a phone interview and the HR person didn't attend it for a personal reason. They asked a lot about my past personal project. (Things like how is this part working, etc) They also made a very comfortable interview atmosphere. I prepared quite a bit on this interview, but ended up not saying much what I was going to say.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

one phone interview, one face to face interview. they are both regular interviews.
    then one background check which really takes time. I remember it took me 3 weeks to get my conditional offer confirmed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time that you did not meet your manager's expectation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2014.

Applied through campus recruitment. Positive phone interview conducted by two technical people. They are very nice and erase my nervousness totally. Most questions are behavior questions. Talk a lot about my previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you only have one choice, do you prefer to work on time or correctly?   View Answer

Blackberry Technical Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2014.

Got a call and was asked some behavioral and technical questions. It seemed pretty easy. Got a mail two days later that i passed the first phone interview. I guess the call was recorded and was probably heard later by the HR and technical personnel's. Was then given a date to come to their facility for a one-on-one interview. Was interviewed by three people. I think two were from HR and one from the technical department. Normal "tell me about a time" kind of questions. The technical questions was pretty simple as they basically wanted to know your thinking pattern and also 1 technical question about exchange servers. By and large, at some point, i noticed one of the HR lady seemed to have lost interest though i wowed her during her own interview session.
    Anyway, i answered all the questions to the best of my knowledge and then i was told they will contact me.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most challenging task you get to face as an IT staff?   View Answer

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!