BlackBerry
www.blackberry.com Waterloo, Canada 5000+ Employees

BlackBerry Embedded Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews in United States

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Embedded Software Developer
Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Interview Details I applied online, and received a mail telling to schedule a date for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds on interview. First on Networking and C. Then they mailed me to choose another date for 2nd round. It was on C and OS.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
    Difference between TCP and UDP.
    What is volatile keyword? What does it do? How does a compiler handle a volatile keyword? What problems would happen if we don't use volatile keyword?
  • Interview 2:
    static keyword? How does an OS handle it?
    What's a module in C? How to write a module?
    What is inline function? Advantages? How does an OS/memory handle inline functions?
    How does a register work? why is it fast? How many variables can u declare in register?
      View Answer
  • what's the advantage of using pointers? why?
    What is an alias pointer? Advantage? disadvantage? How to prevent pointer aliasing?
    What is virtual memory? How does memory mapping occur? advantages of virtual memory?
    What are semaphores? Why do we use them?
    What is page fault? How does it happen? prevention?
      View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The give a pretty decent salary!!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Embedded Software Developer
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2011.

Interview Details I applied online in summmer and I got call from them in spring semester. It was 30 min phone interview taken by 3 managers. They asked me on telecomm and C language. It was not difficult. I screwed because of my own mistake. Hope this will help other who will give it next time.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!

BlackBerry Videos

BlackBerry – Why Work for Us?

Be Bold. Be Passionate. Be Creative Be Bold is our philosophy. At BlackBerry, you can push the boundaries and you can rewrite the rules. Innovation is rewarded and you’ll know that the people you work with all share… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackBerry Embedded Software Developer interview questions and advice in United States. All interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackBerry employees and interview candidates.