BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Telephone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to organise an event and something went wrong last minute? what did you do?
      And motivational questions
        Answer Question

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Application online, contacted by Recruiter, scheduled a telephone interview, at the end of the interview we discussed salary which was way off so no further action.

Interview Questions
    • Would make sense to publish salary bandings or discuss in the first instance so no time is wasted.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Firstly I had to fill out an online application form for the role. From this I was invited for a telephone interview which consisted of three competency questions and talking to the interviewer about what I knew about BlackBerry. I was successful in my telephone interview so was invited to the final assessment centre. For this I had to bring a prepared presentation on a question that they provided a week before. When I arrived I was given a talk by one of the senior directors and then I had to present to the person who would be my manager if successful. After my presentation I had to answer competency questions with the manager and the director.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation question - needed to do a lot of research for this part of the interview.   Answer Question

NOC Operator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Generic application first... followed by a phone interview. Was successful so next stage was face to face interview in Slough. Had Interview with two members of staff and had to do a short technical test (linux/networking/programming).

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions fairly standard, not very technical but seemed happy I could demonstrate basic programming and networking skills   Answer Question
    n/a

IOT Tester Interview

Included a presentation followed by a questions on the presentation. Also included a logical question at the end of the interview

Software Developer Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2013.

phone interview first then interview in slough

Got better offer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Started by handing in a CV. This lead to a telephone interview lasting about 30 minutes, mainly behavioural questions. After this I was invited to an assessment day at their campus, I had three interviews, which included both technical and more behavioural questions. Before leaving, I had to complete a small programming test (finding errors in code etc..)

Interview Questions
    • Which of the following best describes TCP, and which describes UDP, and why: A telephone conversation and email.

This was unexpected to me because I had mentioned internet programming was not my strength, as my course had not covered it yet.
        View Answer
    No negotiation, offer was far better than other offers I had received.

Software Developer Inter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

online application which is then followed by a telephone Interview, and then 2 face to face interviews at the head office in Birmingham, London followed by a small programming test. The telephone interview was very easy going and the interview was very kind only lasted about 15 mins. basic competency questions and questions about previous employment.

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked in a team and what difficulties have you overcome?.   Answer Question

Intern Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2012.

After applying online I was through to a phone interview. This interview lasted 15 minutes, I was asked two questions - both related to problem solving.
    How have a solved a problem
    When have I been faced with a problem which I was not expecting and how did I rectify this quickly?

Interview Questions
    • The two questions above were phrased very similar to me during the interview.   Answer Question

BlackBerry Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Orginally attended an interview with the person I was due to replace, then interviewed by the line manager and HR

Interview Questions
    The offer was orginally well above what I expected so there was no negotiation